Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

I'd like to see a G25

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:14 PM
antbrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to see a G25

I can't afford a G35 right now but I might be able to do a G25. I wish Infiniti would build a TSX killer for those of us who would like a quality, fun-to-drive, entry-level, luxury sedan. I'm sure they'd sell a bunch of these, especailly if they were well built and roomy with lots of toys as well as about 215 hp and similar torque numbers. Not everybody needs an M45 afterall. Why does luxury have to mean big all the time? Does anyone think this might happen anytime soon?

antbrown
Old 02-15-2006, 06:26 PM
kubr1ck

Originally Posted by antbrown
I can't afford a G35 right now but I might be able to do a G25. I wish Infiniti would build a TSX killer for those of us who would like a quality, fun-to-drive, entry-level, luxury sedan. I'm sure they'd sell a bunch of these, especailly if they were well built and roomy with lots of toys as well as about 215 hp and similar torque numbers. Not everybody needs an M45 afterall. Why does luxury have to mean big all the time? Does anyone think this might happen anytime soon?

antbrown
short answer: NO.

the G20 and anything like it is dead and buried from Infiniti's viewpoint. Infiniti is finally matching BMW and Mercedes class for class with its line-up, and that line-up will now be set in stone: 3 series/C-class/G, 5 series/E-class/M, 7 series/S-class/Q. they won't stray from this formula ever again as long as they want to stay competitive with their mortal enemies.

why don't you just buy a TSX? there's nothing better in the odd little segment it occupies.

Last edited by kubr1ck; 02-15-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
godmans

G45 =)
Old 02-15-2006, 08:03 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by antbrown
Why does luxury have to mean big all the time? Does anyone think this might happen anytime soon?
2 things --

1) Infiniti is moving upstream ... they won't move downstream. That would 'cheapen' its brand image. Marketers want exclusivity in ownership ... thus that's why you want to drive a G.

2) Plus, Acura has been the 'value leader' in the segments it competes in. Infiniti wants to move upwards where the margins on cars is much higher. (See #1).

My only beef with Nissan/Infiniti is the interior. They make a great chassis / body design ... why cheap out on the interior? The M is moving the right direction and the Coupe Concept is also a leap forward. Please keep the blue LED interior look ... that's what's "IN", IMHO. Orange is so 90's and Pontiac-like ... :yuck:
Old 02-15-2006, 08:15 PM
ColdFusion

They may make two engines for the upcoming G...similar to the way lexus made the IS250/350. It would make some sense to do so, but i dont think the price would be any cheaper than it currently is for the reasons the guy above said. The price of the cheaper model would probably be the price of the current one and the one with the bigger engine would be more expensive. Infiniti is on a role establishing themselves as a true luxury car manufacturer that goes head to head with mercedes, BMW and lexus. Making cheaper cars would ruin what they have been trying to accomplish
Old 02-15-2006, 08:26 PM
m500

Originally Posted by kubr1ck
short answer: NO.

the G20 and anything like it is dead and buried from Infiniti's viewpoint. Infiniti is finally matching BMW and Mercedes class for class with its line-up, and that line-up will now be set in stone: 3 series/C-class/G, 5 series/E-class/M, 7 series/S-class/Q. they won't stray from this formula ever again as long as they want to stay competitive with their mortal enemies.

why don't you just buy a TSX? there's nothing better in the odd little segment it occupies.

I like how you interpret it.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
m500

Originally Posted by godmans
G45 =)

G45 to compete with M3/S4 & C32AMG. Its a easy solution. A no brainer. But I believe their first priority will be to make the Q into a L version of M to compete with Mercedes S class, 750LI and the new up and coming 380hp Lexus FlagShip LS460L. By the way Lexus has shifted their focus from Mercedes to BMW now. Just look at all of their performance line up now.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Basheer

G35 beats out C Class 3 Series
M45 beats out E Class 5 Series

The Q needs to step up for 07
Old 02-15-2006, 11:53 PM
jawjaw

That would be an Altima. Luxury and performance is not cheap. If you can afford a TSX, why not look for a used 03 G35?
Old 02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
xswl0931

Well, Nissan does have a Skyline 250GT in Japan (http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35...ADE/main1.html) which is the G with a 2.5L V6 I believe (yes, V6, not I4). They COULD bring it here, but I agree that Infiniti wants to move up market which doesn't help to have model lower than the G35.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:04 AM
m500

Originally Posted by xswl0931
Well, Nissan does have a Skyline 250GT in Japan (http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35...ADE/main1.html) which is the G with a 2.5L V6 I believe (yes, V6, not I4). They COULD bring it here, but I agree that Infiniti wants to move up market which doesn't help to have model lower than the G35.

They will bring it when the price for G35 is significantly higher then what is it now. The current G35 base sedan is not much more then the last G20t. So, they will try to stick with their image now as a full on luxury car contender. But eventually they will have it to fill in the gap when the price for G35 has move up significantly to compete with 325i as G35's main competition reminds the 330i.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Crazi4Speed

btw the CX will have the 25, they are going downstream from FX also, so why not G25..it can happen, its just for them to realise,the the G25 should be 25-33k where as G35 should be 33-42k and G45 from 42k-50k and GTR from 60-70k

This would be a perfect lineup for them..
Old 02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
PeteNJ

Originally Posted by BBB
G35 beats out 3 Series
In terms of reliability maybe but complete driving dynamics not a chance. Nissan needs to step up a little on their next generation G.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:48 PM
clinty

Originally Posted by jawjaw
That would be an Altima. Luxury and performance is not cheap. If you can afford a TSX, why not look for a used 03 G35?
+1
The Altima with the VQ is still fairly luxurious and performs better than the TSX and the two costs about the same.

The TSX is a nice upscale honda civic. Nothing more.

Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
keep the blue LED interior look ... that's what's "IN", IMHO. Orange is so 90's and Pontiac-like ... :yuck:?
I guess they pick orange to match BMW's. Blue is nice but seems too trendy.

A two seater convertible from infiniti would be a nice teaser!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:19 AM
kubr1ck

Originally Posted by clinty
+1
The Altima with the VQ is still fairly luxurious and performs better than the TSX and the two costs about the same.

The TSX is a nice upscale honda civic. Nothing more.

I guess they pick orange to match BMW's. Blue is nice but seems too trendy.

A two seater convertible from infiniti would be a nice teaser!
yeah, but the Altima looks like a giant piece of crap, while the TSX has a clean, handsome, modern design.

Quick Reply: I'd like to see a G25