Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

I'd like to see a G25

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 11:10 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chelique
Rest of the world does not have a brand=premium view.. its more like model=premium..
Just like you cannot buy a mercedes with cloth interior and manual trans. here..
Uh ... C230 with a 6MT and cloth interior???

I don't see ANY IS's in Atlanta (1 in a month yet), and see at least 1 g35 per ped xing when I walk to work.. which makes me feel better about the place I live.
Why is that? No one wants to pay to buy a Lexus? The latest Motor Trend comparo (on AWD cars) ranks an IS250 ahead of a G35x. Of course, things will change when the 2nd gen G comes out ... but still ... the IS isn't that bad. (I will agree with overpriced.)

If you look at any poll, people put Lexus ahead of any other Japanese make and even some put it higher than MB or BMW. So you want to blend in than be unique? Why would someone want to roll in a Jag (poor resale value, poor build quality / reliability) or a Rolls (expensive to maintain)? Exclusivity and the perception of a 'premium' brand.

Going back to the original topic, making a G25 does not help with this 'premium' make that chelique is saying.

We are driving cars designed by Nissan (with a lot of Renault influence), manufactured in Nissan plants, but sold by nicely dressed people that badge this car as an 'Infiniti' and sell it behind nicer stores labeled 'Infiniti', so that we pay more money and get better treatment.
But on the standpoint on Nissan, isn't that brilliant marketing? People paying more for something they PERCEIVE is better even though it's almost the same thing as the original? It all started with Honda and Acura ... Toyota (Lexus) and Nissan (Infiniti) jumped on the bandwagon and all are making big $$$ in North America. Now they are moving worldwide with their upscale moniker to make more $$$. Everywhere in the world loves anything American (eg cigarettes, movies, women ... etc)

Remind me what's your point again?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:25 PM
MOTOP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actualy in Japan you can get a "G25". Skyline sedan powered by VQ25DD with direct injection and producing around 215hp.

I'd personaly would like to see next generation of Silvia to come to US as Infiniti with something like VQ25DET under the hood, same specs as in '01-03' Stagea 250tRS would be nice.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:34 AM
ensheep

Thumbs down

Infiniti will never be able to build up its luxury image as Bimmer, MBenz, and Lexus do as long as they still keep those low life arragont and rude service people in dealorships.

Infiniti's service sucks so much that I am very unlikely to get another infiniti, even though I do love my G Coupe... sigh!

Oh Yeah, Lexus has IS250. I do not see a problem with G25. What they should have done is to make G35 more luxurious with better interior design and material quality and raise price for another $3000~$5000 and they may as well have G25 falling in $33000~$35000 for a fully-loaded. There are more people driving Bimmer 325 and IS250 as I observe on the road... Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:44 PM
STI&G35X

They need a G45 with a V8. I'd definatly have to check out that rocket.

G56 would be crazy. You'd smoke the tires just barely tapping the gas lol A G56 with AWD would smoke all tires. lol
Old 03-17-2006, 05:49 PM
STI&G35X

I think they should also make a Gt56 a Infiniti on the Nissan Titan platform. To make an infiniti Pickup to go up against the Cadillac Escalade EST, or the Lincoln MarkGT
Old 03-17-2006, 06:18 PM
ColdFusion

Smile

Originally Posted by ensheep
Infiniti will never be able to build up its luxury image as Bimmer, MBenz, and Lexus do as long as they still keep those low life arragont and rude service people in dealorships.

Infiniti's service sucks so much that I am very unlikely to get another infiniti, even though I do love my G Coupe... sigh!
If you judge a car company solely based on service, then i dont know what to say. Infiniti service is on par with lexus imo. It might just be your particular dealership that needs work. MB and BMW service isnt known to be the best either. You take your car to the dealership maybe every 3k miles for an oil change and you dont want to get another infiniti just because your service consultant is a little rude? Just seems like a dumb reason to not get another infiniti if you do like your car.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:43 AM
ensheep

Talking

It is not just one dealorship, but an overall experience at several dealorships in So Cali area.

Honestly, I am not sure about you, but to me, if I am paying a 40K+ car, I want to get the service right. I know friends around me who drive luxurious cars all think the same way as I do. And plus, even infiniti's HQ isn't doing much about their "valuable" customers' complaints, no follow-up no nothing.

I like G35 but it ain't the only car in the world. If I have to go through the hassle, and the useless technicians' TSB skills, I would rather choose a more reliable one such as Bimmer, Lexus or even Acura. I have had experiences with Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti's service is the worst so far; it is not even comparable to the service of a Honda dealorship.

As for you, I don't just go to dealorship for OIL CHANGE. Geez, how long have you had your G? I have got all the rattlings and electric problems. And it makes my life more difficult when the service people don't show respect and patience serving their customers and their technicians can't even do the job right.

To me, service quality is important. You may pay to be mistreated and you do not give a damn, but I will not tolerate that. Therefore, I do not think that is a dumb reason.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:47 PM
gspothawaii

g45 would be a great idea. a twin turbo on that, damn...
Old 05-09-2006, 01:00 PM
what2do

Originally Posted by ensheep
It is not just one dealorship, but an overall experience at several dealorships in So Cali area.

Honestly, I am not sure about you, but to me, if I am paying a 40K+ car, I want to get the service right. I know friends around me who drive luxurious cars all think the same way as I do. And plus, even infiniti's HQ isn't doing much about their "valuable" customers' complaints, no follow-up no nothing.

I like G35 but it ain't the only car in the world. If I have to go through the hassle, and the useless technicians' TSB skills, I would rather choose a more reliable one such as Bimmer, Lexus or even Acura. I have had experiences with Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti's service is the worst so far; it is not even comparable to the service of a Honda dealorship.

As for you, I don't just go to dealorship for OIL CHANGE. Geez, how long have you had your G? I have got all the rattlings and electric problems. And it makes my life more difficult when the service people don't show respect and patience serving their customers and their technicians can't even do the job right.

To me, service quality is important. You may pay to be mistreated and you do not give a damn, but I will not tolerate that. Therefore, I do not think that is a dumb reason.
Do you might sharing the names of those dealerships?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:49 PM
godmans

I would want to see a supercharged or turbocharged G35 or a G45 with more tuning potentials..
Old 05-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Jeff92se

I don't see why a G25 or a G30(using the old VQ30) is such a bad idea. Lexus seems to be selling tons of their IS250s w/ thier IS350 line.

But I too would like to see Infiniti's aluminum V8 in something weighing alot less than 4,000lbs. ie.. a G45 as it were. There's plenty of room for it. I wouldn't doubt Infiniti hasn't actually considered this before.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:33 PM
TheSyndicate

[QUOTE=kubr1ck]....... 3 series/C-class/G, 5 series/E-class/M, 7 series/S-class/Q. HAHAHHAHAHHAAAAA did this guy just compare 7 series to the Q? HAHAHAHAHA.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:13 PM
godmans

I didn't catch that..
but no... Q wouldn't be a match with the 7 series..

I think Infiniti is moving on with the M more than with the Q..
but well
Old 05-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Paperchaser

G25 would be a good idea in 4dr like they have in Japan

G25 in 2 dr it would suck cuz everyone who couldnt afford a 35 would buy it & rebadge it to a G35 & it will become a common car like a civic coupe

Im already tired of seeing ppl in my neighborhood with the G coupe there are 6 within 5 blocks of my house & thats not including mine
Old 05-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Paperchaser

[QUOTE=TheSyndicate]
Originally Posted by kubr1ck
....... 3 series/C-class/G, 5 series/E-class/M, 7 series/S-class/Q. HAHAHHAHAHHAAAAA did this guy just compare 7 series to the Q? HAHAHAHAHA.

dont really see why this is so funny
if u compare 2002-2005 745, Q45 & S500
yes the 745 & S500 looks waaaayyyyyyy better than the Q45
yes the 745 & S500 has a waaayyyyyyy better interior than the Q45

but quiet as kept the
Q45 has 15 more hp than 745 & 38hp more than S500
Q45 wieghs 325lb less than 745i & 120lb less than S500
Q45 more hp & less weight, I bet $100 its faster
Q45 has more front head room & leg room than 745i & S500
Q45 has more total interior space than the 745i
Q45 has almost all same features as 7 & S5
....& they are all standard not optional like on 745i & S500 ie: CD changer, hands free phone, voice activation controls
after all that
Q45 $20k-$25k less than 745i & S500 base models now add & other features ...more $$$$

all in all u can compare the 3 ...its just that
Q45 just doesnt look luxurious enough on the interior or exterior
so they dont sell
....Infiniti step ya Q game up
they need a Q56 better yet Q56L longwheel base version
Lexus has an LS460 comin in '07

Last edited by Paperchaser; 05-17-2006 at 01:06 AM.

Quick Reply: I'd like to see a G25