Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

New 530 hp TT Super G

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
I like the front-end. The swoop on the side by the doors, not so much.
Well you know how concept vehicles, or in this case renderings of concept vehicles go. Any actual production will almost always have less aggressive lines and angles and will be much smoother than any concept for reasons of mass production practicality and mass appeal to a wider range of buyers. They don't want to risk losing an older consumer because the design is too aggressive and edgy. If the styling's too tame but it's a great performer they know younger consumers will still buy it and go to the aftermarket to fix the vanilla styling. But then as I think about it, a 530 HP GT coupe is kind a niche market anyway so they may go wild.

Hell I don't know. I'm still eagerly awaiting it. And I'm not going to get caught up in the China/no China production issue because I know they won't build them there for this market.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Please infinti,nissan,goshen no side vents!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
More info.
Infiniti working on 530-HP twin-turbo IPL model for G

One of those is the introduction of an IPL-specific 3.7-liter V6. The source claims the engine is all-new and features direct-injection and two turbos to help it produce a whopping 530 horsepower. This time, it seems Infiniti has its heart set on stepping up to the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG and BMW M3. The engine will be built in Japan alongside the powerplant for the Nissan GT-R.

Now for the bad news. The shadowy source says the high-performance IPL will be priced in line with the GT-R, at least in Japan. On this side of the globe, the brawny Nissan commands a price well north of the $58,930 MSRP on the C63 AMG, which leads us to believe there's still some pricing to be sorted out on that front.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
As someone who works on branding, i understand your points and feel much of the same way. It's a very fine line they walk these days in that regard.

Sadly, it's not the biggest thing in the equation. Other than old school enthusiasts, most of America do not care for where their vehicles are coming from. Value and reliability are the two major driving factors. Good examples of this are Toyota and Hyundai. Nearly every Toyota sold in the US nowadays have been built here, and Hyundai is as Korean as car manufacturers can get. Both are selling quite nicely.

The same goes for Nissan, where the Altima is their bread and butter, and it's built right here.

And for the majority of buyers out there, Infiniti and Acura still do not hold the same degree of luxury and recognition as the old players like BMW, MB and the lot. As mentioned earlier, there really is no heritage for Infiniti at the moment. And in the end, once they get to that point, i do not think it'll be based on where they're made, but rather their positioning in the market -- reliability, value and performance in the price segment they're competing at.

Moving their HQ elsewhere may at first look like it's about profit, but it also about how they can add 20% more value to customers without having to increase the price the same amount. The way the Yen is performing, it's only a matter of time before they'll have to tighten belts and end up making the same mistake a lot of manufacturers have made in the past, the complete opposite of the above where they start adding % to the price of vehicles while cutting down on materials or features.
...well you make good points. I hope they pull it off
Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 AM
G35sportsedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The IPL engines will go Into the G, M, FX. Bold claims but the story is in line with everything Infiniti was trying to do.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Fresh Mobile

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
sounds very interesting, though with all these changes and collaboration it seems like it would be a good idea to avoid the first model year.
lol
apple?!?!?!!?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Fresh Mobile

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
This confirms that I will keep my G! I'm gonna wait for the new model before I upgrade.
Same here. Something to look forward to....i took a breath when i read that it'll be TT 530hp. I'll definitely change the grill to my liking, but everything else i like. Love those eagle eyes headlight from day one
Old 04-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Fresh Mobile

So if the ipl is going all out gun blazing with major performance upgrade, what about the base model G? Will there be a revised version in 2013/2014?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 AM
GRG37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah its called the G25t turbo who knows
Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by Fresh Mobile
So if the ipl is going all out gun blazing with major performance upgrade, what about the base model G? Will there be a revised version in 2013/2014?
That wouldn't make sense, if one was concerned with performance he/she would've bought a G37 to start with
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM
aexis

If any of the info is true then the cross-shopping of M/AMG/F-Sport and now IPL will be kind of off. If the power 530hp+ and price of above 100k or comparative to the GTR then it is actually out of the M/AMG/F-Sport league in power and price. I think everyone was expecting a 450hp IPL for about 60-70k, not a 550hp IPL for 100k+.

Loaded M3 about 73k 414hp
Loaded C63 about 75k 451hp
Loaded ISF about 68k 416hp

New IPL 550hp 100k+

If true it would be a beast but then you are cross shopping a whole different segment of performance cars above the M/AMG/F-Sport. Kind of a huge step for Infiniti bypassing those divisions all together. As others have mentioned it will also be indirectly competing with the GTR, but only in the way people may cross shop a 370z and G37 I suppose.

I wonder how the Infiniti Essence concept would fit into all of this as well? I thought the Essence was supposed to be the same power/price, maybe this 530hp+ 100k car will be the essence and the IPL will be a 450hp, 60-70k car (or maybe they will not even make a car in this segment at all). Will be interesting to see what unfolds in the next few years.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 AM
shinekpk

Originally Posted by aexis
If any of the info is true then the cross-shopping of M/AMG/F-Sport and now IPL will be kind of off. If the power 530hp+ and price of above 100k or comparative to the GTR then it is actually out of the M/AMG/F-Sport league in power and price. I think everyone was expecting a 450hp IPL for about 60-70k, not a 550hp IPL for 100k+.

Loaded M3 about 73k 414hp
Loaded C63 about 75k 451hp
Loaded ISF about 68k 416hp

New IPL 550hp 100k+

If true it would be a beast but then you are cross shopping a whole different segment of performance cars above the M/AMG/F-Sport. Kind of a huge step for Infiniti bypassing those divisions all together. As others have mentioned it will also be indirectly competing with the GTR, but only in the way people may cross shop a 370z and G37 I suppose.

I wonder how the Infiniti Essence concept would fit into all of this as well? I thought the Essence was supposed to be the same power/price, maybe this 530hp+ 100k car will be the essence and the IPL will be a 450hp, 60-70k car (or maybe they will not even make a car in this segment at all). Will be interesting to see what unfolds in the next few years.
100k in JAPAN (similar price as c63AMG 10mil yen= 110-120k in JAP) not in the US. This means that the cost of the 530 hp twin turbo IPL will be similar to c63amg in the US (68k - 75k). Please read the article more carefully.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:53 PM
aexis

Originally Posted by shinekpk
100k in JAPAN (similar price as c63AMG 10mil yen= 110-120k in JAP) not in the US. This means that the cost of the 530 hp twin turbo IPL will be similar to c63amg in the US (68k - 75k). Please read the article more carefully.
Ok after rereading then that price range does make sense. Interestingly though if this is again true then the IPL would blow the M3/AMG 's away for less with a 100hp advantage? Again I wonder where this puts the essence then, at 650hp and costing 120k? In a reverse way if this is 78k US dollars vs the GTR 98k but same power and more luxurious it is also odd. I am excited though I any true Performance competitor Infiniti can produce!

Last edited by aexis; 04-21-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:01 AM
shinekpk

Originally Posted by aexis
Ok after rereading then that price range does make sense. Interestingly though if this is again true then the IPL would blow the M3/AMG 's away for less with a 100hp advantage? Again I wonder where this puts the essence then, at 650hp and costing 120k? In a reverse way if this is 78k US dollars vs the GTR 98k but same power and more luxurious it is also odd. I am excited though I any true Performance competitor Infiniti can produce!
To me, it's not a surprise that the new IPL could possibly blow away M3/AMG with less cost. It's like 328i vs g37 and the g37 out performs the 328i with cheaper price. But yeah, let's cross our fingers and wait for another legitimate update!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
got me thinkin...

Finally! An M3 competitor from our G! Just wondering though...engine swap when that engine comes out or TT this G to give an old car new life as the secondary vehicle in the future...hmmmmmmm...

...any thoughts?????

Quick Reply: New 530 hp TT Super G