Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

New infiniti model JX Etherea likeness

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:28 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor

I thought about putting one on coilovers...

but the EX really picked up in selling as time progresses....

yeah ex sales are way up, I have to do a lot of dealer trades for em now
Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gt_performah
I think most of us are under the impression the FX competes with the RX. If the FX doesn't cut it, Infinti has to do a better job. It's that simple.

If da Mayor is right and the JX is slotted above the FX then it won't be a direct competitor to the RX. It would probably compete with the Audi Q8 and Mercedes GL.

I don't think Infiniti needs a 60k crossover SUV. Sure they could use one to fill out their lineup. Is it mandatory over a flagship coupe or sedan? I'm not sure.
The FX does not compete with the RX, if anything the FX competes more with the GX but it's not as truck like. Infiniti is doing a better job, they're introducing a new vehicle to better compete with the RX, MDX, and MKT.

Many people need a bigger vehicle but have no need for anything as heavy duty as the QX or as sporty as the FX.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:22 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
you're not finding the same shopper of a FX cross shopping the QX.... we need a model to bridge the gap right there.

August is only a few months away so we all get to see the finished product
Old 04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by da mayor
you're not finding the same shopper of a FX cross shopping the QX.... we need a model to bridge the gap right there.

August is only a few months away so we all get to see the finished product
Right, you basically need an Infiniti version of the Nissan Quest. Minivans don't really say "luxury" so a 7 row crossover fills the gap nicely.

Off topic, but since Infiniti is introducing the concept at Pebble Beach and the production ready version at the LA Auto Show in November, is it safe to say that a new G won't come out until the 2014 model year? I'm thinking they wouldn't want anything to steal the JX's thunder and they would also want a new G to have the spot light all to itself so I don't see them introducing the JX and a new G at the same time for the same model year.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:09 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I dont know but their marketing is way off but hopefully that will change since they just hired a new guy that has done some years of experience for Lexus marketing.

They spent tons of money developing the M35 hybrid... I just went to the NY Auto Show and it just sits on the show floor like the rest of the cars on the lineup.... at least put a M35 hybrid on a platform to still show it's taste.

Also, the IPL Concept Convertible I think would look better w/ the red Nissan 370z 40th anniversary calipers on it to match the interior....
it's nothing much different than the current 2011 Limited Edition Convertible.....
a nice brown interior will be the next theme they need to use

as long as the JX is not like the Mercedes R350 it'll work fine
Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

I'm thinking (hoping) it's more like an Acura MDX.

The sketch they released seems to be fairly similiar to the ETHEREA concept. However, it seems to have a higher ride height and more traditional silhouette so it appears more "SUV-ish".
Old 04-25-2011, 07:51 PM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
The FX does not compete with the RX, if anything the FX competes more with the GX but it's not as truck like. Infiniti is doing a better job, they're introducing a new vehicle to better compete with the RX, MDX, and MKT.
Okay, that makes sense and I know Infiniti never marketed the FX as a RX competitor, but because of similarity in price and size, I think most people look at them as being in the same segment.

I believe the JX is going to be a mini crossover of the QX. The QX is doing well for Infiniti so its makes sense they would try to capitalize on its success, but I think the FX is going to to be the odd vehicle out.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:06 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gt_performah
Okay, that makes sense and I know Infiniti never marketed the FX as a RX competitor, but because of similarity in price and size, I think most people look at them as being in the same segment.

I believe the JX is going to be a mini crossover of the QX. The QX is doing well for Infiniti so its makes sense they would try to capitalize on its success, but I think the FX is going to to be the odd vehicle out.
The FX is more of a Mercedes ML / BMW X5 competitor. If anything it's more like the X5 then the ML.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:55 PM
brianashley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys..Just wanted to add my two cents. I purchased a 2010 G37S for my wife last year and became a big Infiniti fan. Because of that I am looking to trade in my Honda Pilot for a sportier SUV/CUV. We basically need a vehicle that will carry an infant, two adults and a dog kennel (and I want something that feels sporty). The two vehicles I am debating between are the MDX and the FX35. I realize they serve different purposes (3rd row seating on MDX), but I would gladly wait till Spring 2012 if this new JX fits my needs.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:34 AM
G35sportsedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait to see what the JX can offer then make your judgements then if you can afford the time to wait