Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Chomponthis
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it looks amazing!! the color makes it exotic
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 PM
mdbiker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i really like the IPLs. the paint, wheels, seats, exhaust - all somewhat subtle changes that make it a little nicer than my regular g37s.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:58 PM
jason92classic
Registered Member

so I found this:

Quick Test: 2009 Infiniti G37 S -- 0-60 in 5.0 seconds flat... - Motor Trend The General Forum Forum

...and I also found this:

IL Track Tested: 2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe

I'm calling complete "Bull----" on the 2nd article because I had my 08 an entire year and it was fast but I can definitely tell a difference in the IPL. Some of the comments noted "conditions" and their lack of correction which I agree with but it still vexes me.

Posting this to be completely objective
Old 01-16-2011, 11:39 PM
davepj32274

Originally Posted by jason92classic
so I found this:

Quick Test: 2009 Infiniti G37 S -- 0-60 in 5.0 seconds flat... - Motor Trend The General Forum Forum

...and I also found this:

IL Track Tested: 2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe

I'm calling complete "Bull----" on the 2nd article because I had my 08 an entire year and it was fast but I can definitely tell a difference in the IPL. Some of the comments noted "conditions" and their lack of correction which I agree with but it still vexes me.

Posting this to be completely objective
Alright dude.. We get it. You are trying to justify your purchase of the IPL and I don't understand why... Who cares what a 0-60 is...who cares what others think of the IPL.. If you enjoy the car, what does it really matter. Is the 2008 G37S faster than an 2011 IPL or is a 2009 G37S 6MT faster than a 7-SP Auto??? Odds are your IPL is not as fast, which is becoming apparent in all the reviews. Im sure Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Inside Line, and XYZABC magazines are all wrong..lol.. You must be right...right?? Im sure they ALL have tried to match the G37S numbers and failed.. Im sure they all tested the IPL under 'terrible conditions' that made the IPL test so much different than a typical G37S. LOL... Come on already, just enjoy your FN car.

Anyway, just enjoy your car, IPL or not.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:22 PM
jason92classic
Registered Member

Partially true and impressive "from-the-hip" psychoanalysis It's more of the fact that there are many interesting and funny opinions with the Infiniti G.

I went from a "cult classic" where EVERY OWNER loved it (Sentra SE-R) to a car that seems to instill a vast, interesting array of reactions. <--- This is new to me. My last car community was TIGHT. This one seems cliqued (probably not true; just a feeling) and the "competitor communities" are DEFINITELY threatened (we only came up on the Bimmer Radar after we dusted them; then you'd find countless "WTF?" posts).

I DO love the car, enjoy it, and wouldn't change a thing. I also love starting with a factory "true dual", ECU tune, and single-piece body (vs. "tape-on body kit") for modding.

Last edited by jason92classic; 01-17-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:50 AM
davepj32274

Partially true and impressive "from-the-hip" psychoanalysis It's more of the fact that there are many interesting and funny opinions with the Infiniti G.

I went from a "cult classic" where EVERY OWNER loved it (Sentra SE-R) to a car that seems to instill a vast, interesting array of reactions. <--- This is new to me. My last car community was TIGHT. This one seems cliqued (probably not true; just a feeling) and the "competitor communities" are DEFINITELY threatened (we only came up on the Bimmer Radar after we dusted them; then you'd find countless "WTF?" posts).

I DO love the car, enjoy it, and wouldn't change a thing. I also love starting with a factory "true dual", ECU tune, and single-piece body (vs. "tape-on body kit") for modding.
Your a good man.. Sorry if that appeared like a rant earlier. This 'community' can be a bunch of dumbarses..more jealous than anything else. But tight. I am dropping off my 2008 g37s 6mt for a 2011 6mt next week. Yeah, the body on the IPL is incredible, smooth.. no "add" on like people keep saying.. and if the IPL 6MT had the red interior, I think I'd go for it. Not really sure why I can't get a black and red 6mt IPL.

Jealousy is the greatest form of flattery. Enjoy your beautiful IPL man...
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
OMG Fail! the body of the IPL is same has 2011 aerodynamic kit.. Anyone can order it for $3900.

Originally Posted by davepj32274
Your a good man.. Sorry if that appeared like a rant earlier. This 'community' can be a bunch of dumbarses..more jealous than anything else. But tight. I am dropping off my 2008 g37s 6mt for a 2011 6mt next week. Yeah, the body on the IPL is incredible, smooth.. no "add" on like people keep saying.. and if the IPL 6MT had the red interior, I think I'd go for it. Not really sure why I can't get a black and red 6mt IPL.

Jealousy is the greatest form of flattery. Enjoy your beautiful IPL man...
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
jason92classic
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GTLAW
OMG Fail! the body of the IPL is same has 2011 aerodynamic kit.. Anyone can order it for $3900.
Dude -- it's not a "kit" in the American car community sense, i.e., you can't buy a G37 then get the "kit" after-the-fact. It's a "manufacturing kit", i.e., when the body is assembled in the factory, it's a different manufacturing kit with 1-piece aero front, 1-piece aero back, and 1-piece aero bottom sills.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
jason92classic
Registered Member

more for people to throw mud at (I enjoy ribbing people):

YouTube - Scott Goodyear Helicopter Race
Old 01-20-2011, 05:13 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Thats not true!

I can go to the dealer and order the body kit upgrade.

They have it from 2008-2011 with Fogs.

Do you really think nissan would make the IPL body different? when they already have one they have put R&D into?

Aerodynamic Kit (5-piece) MSRP
+$3560[*]
+$3560[*]
+$3560[*]
+$3560[*]
Heightens the style and enhances the aerodynamic appearance of your Infiniti
Includes unique front fascia, rear fascia, side sills and rear decklid spoiler

Not available on vehicles equipped with Technology Package or Splash Guards.

> Check availability at your local Infiniti Retailer

2011 Infiniti G37 Coupe | Accessories | Infiniti USA

Dude -- it's not a "kit" in the American car community sense, i.e., you can't buy a G37 then get the "kit" after-the-fact. It's a "manufacturing kit", i.e., when the body is assembled in the factory, it's a different manufacturing kit with 1-piece aero front, 1-piece aero back, and 1-piece aero bottom sills.

Last edited by GTLAW; 01-20-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:13 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He means that it's not like a usual "add on" body kit. The Infiniti aero / IPL kit is a single piece front and rear bumper and single piece side sills.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
more for people to throw mud at (I enjoy ribbing people):

YouTube - Scott Goodyear Helicopter Race
Hmm... the IPL Coupe actually looks good there. It's like the 2011 Coupe. It looked weird in pictures but when I saw one in person it looked good.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 AM
GTLAW
Banned

I understand! I went to my dealer last night and they had a IPL in the showroom.

The front bumper sides and rear bumper are 100% same as non IPL kit.

I had parts guy pull prices on the front bumper for IPL it's $1204. The Aero front in which is the same is $1285.

It would be a bit cheaper if you went with the IPL part numbers vs the Infiniti aero kit.

But they are 100% the SAME!!

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
He means that it's not like a usual "add on" body kit. The Infiniti aero / IPL kit is a single piece front and rear bumper and single piece side sills.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:32 PM
fullvietFX

Jesus... how many times do people have to say it??? It's NOT a F---ING body kit. The pieces are singular whereas a body kit, obviously, is a piece glued onto a piece. I can't count how many "body kits" have rattled, have come loose, been knocked off, or fail at one point or another. You're adding numerous new interfaces and fasten-points which adds numerous points of probable failure. They look good for a while but they're unreliable in the long run.

I finally got some good pics this week and am setting up flickr to post.
What are you talking about, there are complete bodykits that aren't add-on and are completely new pieces you replace the OEM parts with. The IPL is just a G37 with a bodykit and a new exhaust system, it's more like a super sport package. Like how BMW has the M-Sport package. I'm not bashing the new IPL in anyway but that's just how I see it. If I was to buy a G37 this year I would buy the IPL too since I actually like the bodykit.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:22 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IPL Passenger Front by jasonnewell007, on Flickr

one of my favorite shots:

IPL Passenger Rear Filtered by jasonnewell007, on Flickr

here you see the sun reflected, behind the clouds, in the shiny paint work:

IPL Passenger Close up (black) by jasonnewell007, on Flickr

...and here's where the color "shifts"

IPL Passenger Close up (purple metallic) 2 by jasonnewell007, on Flickr

...a brighter shot, hopefully you can see as much sparkle as I can in the raw image (i.e., hopefully the BB doesn't compress it):

IPL Passenger Close up (purple metallic) by jasonnewell007, on Flickr
This color is also available on the 7th Gen maximas as well, its called Crimson Black.

Quick Reply: The new IPL G37S