The new IPL G37S

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:36 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
why $70K?

Nissan sells the GT-R for way less than the competition. Infiniti sells the G35/G37 less than the competition as well. I'm pretty sure any future M3/ISF/RS4/RS5 killer will be much cheaper as well. The FM chassis does not require major changes for V8 swap or forced induction.
If they could make something that would be accessable to buyers they would. People are saying the Infiniti M is priced too high and it several thousand less than the new 5 series.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
People just like to bitch and complain. Those who buy an M56 are those who can pay for a 5 series but buy the M56 for more bang for the buck, power, technology/entertainment, reliability, etc (kinda like the G and 3-series). People who say the M56 is pricey should just go buy a Genesis
Old 08-25-2010, 07:11 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by beattyG37
I also wrote in to the forum that Infiniti is answering questions about the new IPL. I asked them if they ask car clubs and G enthusiasts / forums their opinions about upcoming model changes before they happen to get feedback. They did actually post the question and respond with a very politically correct response, saying that of course they ask G enthusiasts their opinions and value their feedback in shaping upcoming changes.

Obviously they didn't ask anyone about the IPL changes, or just refused to listen. I hope they don't continue down that course when it comes to the bigger body change expected in a year or two!
I'm glad Infiniti finally added a performance line, but they still have a LONG way to go... has anyone here seen the 2011 M3 Special Edition? their offering a Matte paint color from the manufacture! I think BMW has their ears to the street wayyyy more than Infiniti at this current point "IF" Infiniti really did ask forums and clubs for advice they need BMW's hearing aid..

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...cial-edition/1
Old 08-25-2010, 11:10 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

It's not about listening to people it's about building a car that people will buy. Infiniti even sadi something to the effect that the IPL Coupe is a car for people who want something more than the regular G coupe but don't want to pay M3 prices. The recognize that the number of people who would actually buy a real M3 competitor at this point in time is too small to justify building it.

edit, here's the quote:

How come you weren't able to give the G coupe at least 400 bhp in order to compete with the IS-F, C63 AMG, and the M3?

The IPL G Coupe is not intended to compete head to head with the IS-F, C63 AMG, or the M3. Our intention was to build upon the strong performance and luxury foundation laid by the G37 Coupe at an accessible price point far less than the $60,000+ MSRPs of the referenced models.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM
beattyG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
It's not about listening to people it's about building a car that people will buy. Infiniti even sadi something to the effect that the IPL Coupe is a car for people who want something more than the regular G coupe but don't want to pay M3 prices. The recognize that the number of people who would actually buy a real M3 competitor at this point in time is too small to justify building it.

edit, here's the quote:
My point earlier about the car clubs and Infiniti not listening really had nothing to do with competing with the BMW M or any of those. It was about making changes to the body of the car that now looks like crap (front lower bumper changes, side skirts, etc), and slightly improving the horsepower when that improvement could have easily been incorporated in the S model as a regular upgrade. They obviously did not get any opinions on the design from anyone other than thier designers, who apparently were smoking something that day. That being said, no matter what the model, I would still take an Infiniti over a BMW any day (having owned multiples of both in the past). However, that may change if Infiniti makes another bad design move with the major model change coming up like they did with this IPL.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:37 PM
MMC Racing

IPL = Ill-Prepared Logic
Old 08-26-2010, 12:48 PM
strdr19

i dont mind the ipl. all they did was give it a body kit and new exhaust. Its the same stuff most of us already do. Now people who don't want to 'mod' their car can get it 'pre-modded' for them. I like the front and rear bumpers. More aggresive.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:27 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by beattyG37
My point earlier about the car clubs and Infiniti not listening really had nothing to do with competing with the BMW M or any of those. It was about making changes to the body of the car that now looks like crap (front lower bumper changes, side skirts, etc), and slightly improving the horsepower when that improvement could have easily been incorporated in the S model as a regular upgrade. They obviously did not get any opinions on the design from anyone other than thier designers, who apparently were smoking something that day. That being said, no matter what the model, I would still take an Infiniti over a BMW any day (having owned multiples of both in the past). However, that may change if Infiniti makes another bad design move with the major model change coming up like they did with this IPL.
I understand what you're saying but from a marketing point of view it makes a lot of sense. Disregarding the physical appearance (which I agree, I don't like the body kit), they've created a higher trim line and can now charge more for it. They can keep prices for the base, Journey, and S models the same while offering additional features at a higher price. It's not an option package as they want to create a sense of exclusivity so they can further justify the price differential.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:28 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by strdr19
i dont mind the ipl. all they did was give it a body kit and new exhaust. Its the same stuff most of us already do. Now people who don't want to 'mod' their car can get it 'pre-modded' for them. I like the front and rear bumpers. More aggresive.
Yeah, people can get all the popular mods with a full factory warranty. It's easy and inexpensive for Infiniti to do this and they can charge a premium for it.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:54 AM
pauliewalnutzz
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
IPL G Coupe: Up Close and Personal W/sound clip

YouTube - IPL G Coupe: Up Close and Personal enjoy
Old 09-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The front is starting to grow on me, not the rest though.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:34 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahhhhh i have to wait till i get home to watch
Old 09-01-2010, 11:39 AM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8jTceNC_eD8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8jTceNC_eD8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 09-01-2010, 11:42 AM
pauliewalnutzz
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
The front is starting to grow on me, not the rest though.
The rear bumper i dont like, it looks way too big now.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Still not impressed.

Quick Reply: The new IPL G37S