Lmao... Srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Gilley
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also buy a sportbike for half the price of the SRT-4 and blow it away.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:47 AM
dabomb
FGC Central Florida BOD

havent u guys heard? fast is out!!!!!

"I ride real slow no need to speed
Gotta make sure ya see the buckets on my feet"
Old 01-11-2007, 11:55 AM
w0ady

Originally Posted by dabomb
havent u guys heard? fast is out!!!!!
not according to the ants in your avatar...
Old 03-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Startbutton99

tried my luck against a srt-4 today. was ahead by 1/4 of a car, to 3rd gear and then we cut it...
either im fast.. or hes slow.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:25 PM
trey.hutcheson
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Sxt-Rich
Sorry to disappoint you, but whoever you got your info from is wrong and this is from personal experience not that I heard from someone.
There are lots of local SRT4's. My best friend has an 05. When we were both stock, my car was marginally faster. Trapped about 2mph faster than his car, in the 1/8th and the 1/4. The few times we'd line up on the interstate(single gear pull only!), sometimes I would slowly pull away, and sometimes he would slowly pull away, depending on starting rpm.

Over time, I've put most of the available NA bolt ons on my car(not cheap). My buddy now has a stage 2 kit, no toys(only like $900). We're right back where we started, with almost exactly the same speeds.

Our cars are not representative of srt4's and g's in general. I understand that. Locally, there are srt4's that were faster than his stock, and some that were slower. I would have to say our two cars fall right in the middle, average.

So from my experience, stock for stock, it comes down to the driver.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:07 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
There are lots of local SRT4's. My best friend has an 05. When we were both stock, my car was marginally faster. Trapped about 2mph faster than his car, in the 1/8th and the 1/4. The few times we'd line up on the interstate(single gear pull only!), sometimes I would slowly pull away, and sometimes he would slowly pull away, depending on starting rpm.

Over time, I've put most of the available NA bolt ons on my car(not cheap). My buddy now has a stage 2 kit, no toys(only like $900). We're right back where we started, with almost exactly the same speeds.

Our cars are not representative of srt4's and g's in general. I understand that. Locally, there are srt4's that were faster than his stock, and some that were slower. I would have to say our two cars fall right in the middle, average.

So from my experience, stock for stock, it comes down to the driver.
Yeah, thats exactly how it is. Its a drivers race. Sorry to dissapoint you sxt-rich but the SRT-4 STOCK is NOT faster than a G, they're pretty much the same. With mods, obviously it is cuz its Turbo.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:22 PM
burns420

ive only raced 2 srt4s and have beaten both of them by a bit. im stock so im assuming they were to. thats my personal experience. also, what girls is a neon going to get you? seriously, 9 out of 10 girls dont care about cars and if they do they will take the nicer one over the faster one. its a great car, my sister bought one but it got stolen before it was delivered then she backed out. out of the cobalt ss, neon or anything in that group id take the srt4. if cheap horsepower is your thing than you cant beat it(maybe the 1.8t VW) but seriously, speed is not a good way to compare how good a car is.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 AM
BLacK_G35_CouPe

srt4 is a good example of cheap HP like the EVO and STI (used to have an EVO)...for under 30 K you can have 250WHP to your exposal...for anyone with the need for speed your definately getting you moneys worth...but to compare it to a G is foolish...a 40K LUXURY sports car shouldnt be compared outright to a 20K turbo 4 banger...SRT4s are damn fast when moded...no doubt about...but than agian...you can make anything fast...look at that van shoudl we start comparing that to the G? lol Gs are nicer overall...everyone can vouch for that...but the G isnt the fastest thing around...but has nice Torque!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:51 AM
CHUPA Hunter G

Originally Posted by BLacK_G35_CouPe
srt4 is a good example of cheap HP like the EVO and STI (used to have an EVO)...for under 30 K you can have 250WHP to your exposal...for anyone with the need for speed your definately getting you moneys worth...but to compare it to a G is foolish...a 40K LUXURY sports car shouldnt be compared outright to a 20K turbo 4 banger...SRT4s are damn fast when moded...no doubt about...but than agian...you can make anything fast...look at that van shoudl we start comparing that to the G? lol Gs are nicer overall...everyone can vouch for that...but the G isnt the fastest thing around...but has nice Torque!
Not a fan of the STI at all but where can you find one for under 30k. For that matter an EVO as well, unless your talking about a RS. Both rides New are 33k plus! Expensive little rockets...
Old 03-09-2007, 08:25 AM
CleanGThree5

if they werent overrated they wouldnt have stopped making them.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:51 AM
trey.hutcheson
Premier Member

What? The only reason the SRT4 stopped production is because Dodge axed the underlying Neon platform in favor of the new Caliber.

I've spent thousands of dollars on NA mods to gain only 20hp peak, 25 *max* over the past year and a half. A few weeks ago, I spent a few hours helping my friend install his stage2 kit on his srt4. A few hours and $900 later, and he picked up 25hp to the wheels and over 30ft-lbs.

And they're not just straight line cars. There's a local guy with just a few suspension mods that is always in the top 2 of his autocross class(street mod, IIRC).
Old 03-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Rickelus

I have a 400hp SRT 4 and a G35. Stock for stock the SRT is faster. SRTs could beat GT's until the new style.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:36 AM
trey.hutcheson
Premier Member

Statements like the preceding can be misleading. After all, one's not likely to run into a stock srt4, where as, locally at least, I rarely see a modified g35.

And I haven't run many srt4's. But I'm about 50% against them at the track. So I don't buy it.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Deezflip

when it comes to winning the girls...

butt ugly dude in SRT4 vs butt ugly dude in G35 = no girls

decent looking dude in SRT vs decent looking dude in G35 = G35 wins the girl

Brad Pitt in SRT4 vs butt ugly dude in G35 = ???
(brad pitt is used only as an example, i don't know what h*ll them girls go for nowadays)

IMO, no matter how much your car cost or how fast your car is, your busted face will not get the girl.

By the way, i don't like them SRT4 either, yeah it's fast, but sh*t...that's like saying you have fast daewoo, IMO
Old 03-09-2007, 10:50 AM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by Sxt-Rich
Doesnt make sense, srt's are turbocharged stock.
maybe he meant to say "exhaust driven centrifugal supercharger."

Quick Reply: Lmao... Srt-4