Special Hypertech max energy now available, including review from amplified

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hypertech max energy now available, including review from amplified

We have been working with Hypertech for the past 4 months or so. We also provided all 4 our the cars they had on display for SEMA including our 370Z.
If your not familiar with the history of Hypertech, they have been around a long time doing amazing programmable modules for the domestic market such as Camaro's, Mustangs, Diesel Trucks and SUV'S. The best part of it is, they are CARB LEGAL.

They asked us to test it on a couple of Infiniti's as they are still working on other calibrations for other Nissans.

I gave it a shot on my g37, uninstalled the previous module and all i can say is WOW.

First off, once Hypertech sent me the CALIBRATION(MAP) for my car, I went out for a test drive and the first thing i noticed is that dreaded TROTTLE LAG is no longer there. I can immediately feel how responsive the car is because the throttle parameters have been updated. While uploading the program, it will ask you if you want to remove the 0-60 throttle restriction and so i pressed "HELL YES" LOL just kinding, the yes button.

At most cases on certain cars, its possible to raise the rev limiter but not on the VQHR motor, according to hypertech, its not safe. The top speed limiter can be adjusted also.

On to the fun stuff, I started data logging with my MAGDEN (I LOVE THIS MODULE) and i noticed that from 4k to 7.5k, my AFR was consistently around 12.4-12.7 which is optimal for this car to get highest possible HP without detonation. Not running too rich at all like my other module. I haven't had a chance to compare the timing or how the throttle response has changed since from my previous data logged information when my car was basically in stock form but MY BUTT DYNO can feel the difference. I have talked to HYPERTECH to schedule a dyno session with my car to get actual HP GAIN but as we all know, the numbers will be different from state to state due to octane rating, elevation and weather.

So far we tested another G37S and according to him, his powerband is alot smoother, but the car also feels very responsive. He is still currently driving around to see if there's any other changes he can tell me.

The only complain i have is the is no back light on the module. and i have addressed this with them already.

module includes OBDII PLUG, USB connector and DVD disk that contains instructions, hypertech updater.

Price is $429 and shipping is free for the holidays

If any questions, feel free to email or call us

thank you
Lou
amplified motorsport

Last edited by Lou@Amplified; 12-04-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 AM
saparda

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hey Lou

this sounds promising , the good thing is that i've imported my G37s from the US so am not gonna face any problems with the device, right?

but i have a question , will it be a problem if the octane rating is really high, cuz here in dubai we run on 95 OR 98 octane rate, and (i think) in the US only 91 (EDIT BY G37SAM: It's the same fuel foo! Just a different measuring stick )

Last edited by G37Sam; 12-04-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Help a brother out
Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let me know if you need a G35S tester.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
saparda

also, yeah will this work on the (middle east) G37s?

my friend "G37sam" is looking for something like that for a really looong time lol
Old 12-04-2009, 07:47 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Two questions:

1) Does it work on non American Spec cars (Gulf Spec)
2) Does it allow for custom tunes?

Thanks Lou
Old 12-04-2009, 07:48 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Two questions:

Thanks Lou
Old 12-04-2009, 11:04 AM
xo4ox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
Two questions:

Thanks Lou
+1 I would like to know too

Trending Topics

Old 12-04-2009, 12:01 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm interested
Old 12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by saparda
hey Lou

this sounds promising , the good thing is that i've imported my G37s from the US so am not gonna face any problems with the device, right?

but i have a question , will it be a problem if the octane rating is really high, cuz here in dubai we run on 95 OR 98 octane rate, and (i think) in the US only 91 (EDIT BY G37SAM: It's the same fuel foo! Just a different measuring stick )
sorry for going OT
not exactly the same fuel, high sulphur content in the Middle East. thats why we get detuned lexus models here compared to US markets
Old 12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so tempted
Old 12-04-2009, 05:20 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Originally Posted by Presto
sorry for going OT
not exactly the same fuel, high sulphur content in the Middle East. thats why we get detuned lexus models here compared to US markets
The most important characteristic of gasoline is its Research Octane Number (RON) or octane rating, which is a measure of how resistant gasoline is to premature detonation ( knocking). It is measured relative to a mixture of 2,2,4-trimethylpentane (an octane) and n- heptane. So an 87-octane gasoline has the same knock resistance as a mixture of 87% isooctane and 13% n-heptane.

There is another type of Octane, called "Motor Octane Number" (MON), which is a better measure of how the fuel behaves when under load. Its definition is also based on the mixture of isooctane and n-heptane that has the same performance. Depending on the composition of the fuel, the MON of a modern gasoline will be about 10 points lower than the RON. Normally fuel specifications require both a minimum RON and a minimum MON.

In most countries (including all of Europe and Australia) the 'headline' octane that would be shown on the pump is the RON: but in the United States and some other countries the headline number is the average of the RON and the MON, sometimes called the "roaD Octane Number" or DON, or (R+M)/2. Because of the 10 point difference noted above this means that the octane in the United States will be about 5 points lower than the same fuel elsewhere: 87 octane fuel, the "normal" gasoline in the US and Canada, would be 92 in Europe.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
UPDATE:

For all the non US vehicles, They are not sure if it will work. The process for mine was, i plugged in the OBD-II, the programmer read the ecu and i had to connect the programmer on to my computer to get the updated CALIBRATION from Hypertech.

The only way to find out is if SAM or someone in DUBAI tries it out. According to Hypertech, If it dosen't work, they will give you a full refund

I also forgot to mention that my car was datalogged with TAKEDA intakes and INVIDIA GEMINI EXHAUST with no HFC. I will be adding the HFC sometime this week so i can do more testing with the MAGDEN and to see if the AFR DOES CHANGE at all.

The hypermax sport will work with you basic bolt on mods according to HYPERTECH.

Just a reminder, the modules are in stock and ready to ship
Old 12-04-2009, 08:30 PM
saparda

Originally Posted by G37Sam
The most important characteristic of gasoline is its Research Octane Number (RON) or octane rating, which is a measure of how resistant gasoline is to premature detonation ( knocking). It is measured relative to a mixture of 2,2,4-trimethylpentane (an octane) and n- heptane. So an 87-octane gasoline has the same knock resistance as a mixture of 87% isooctane and 13% n-heptane.

There is another type of Octane, called "Motor Octane Number" (MON), which is a better measure of how the fuel behaves when under load. Its definition is also based on the mixture of isooctane and n-heptane that has the same performance. Depending on the composition of the fuel, the MON of a modern gasoline will be about 10 points lower than the RON. Normally fuel specifications require both a minimum RON and a minimum MON.

In most countries (including all of Europe and Australia) the 'headline' octane that would be shown on the pump is the RON: but in the United States and some other countries the headline number is the average of the RON and the MON, sometimes called the "roaD Octane Number" or DON, or (R+M)/2. Because of the 10 point difference noted above this means that the octane in the United States will be about 5 points lower than the same fuel elsewhere: 87 octane fuel, the "normal" gasoline in the US and Canada, would be 92 in Europe.
sorry to go off topic again

but nice copy from wiki sam lool

but i think am gonna go with Aramco company info (largest oil corporation IN THE WORLD with the largest proven crude oil reserves and production)

so yeah there is a BIG difference in fuel
Old 12-04-2009, 08:32 PM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ full refund?? Im interested then...lol me and G37Sam are INTERESTED!!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

I'd be interested if you can do custom tunes with that thing, otherwise it's as useful as seat heaters in Florida

Quick Reply: Special Hypertech max energy now available, including review from amplified