Special Hypertech max energy now available, including review from amplified

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
I'd be interested if you can do custom tunes with that thing, otherwise it's as useful as seat heaters in Florida
I wouldn't say its useless, Its just not practical for some people to spend extra $$ on custom tune specially the one's that leased the car.

The main engineer at HYPERTECH is flying in Monday from Memphis and i'm going to discuss options and such to see if NON US cars are compatible with the HYPERTECH.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:02 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
I didn't exactly mean it useless sorry for that Lou didn't want to sound like I'm bashing your product; I take that back.

What I meant was it would probably be useless to me as I go through breathing parts like I go through underwear so pre-loaded maps wouldn't serve me much.

Apologies Lou
Old 12-06-2009, 10:51 PM
ringring11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey lou...does it only work on manual version of the G37s?

also, if i have to bring my ride for service..can the module set my ride back to the default setting
Old 12-06-2009, 11:29 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

I'd be interested if you can do custom tunes with that thing, otherwise it's as useful as seat heaters in Florida
Seat heaters ARE useful in florida!

This looks pretty cool though, im curious to see the results once some people try it out.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:26 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
WOW! Nice! Please tell me this will work on the 07-08 G35 Sedans with the VQ35 HR? Or if they plan to make it compatible! If this really works, I'm in on it like White on RICE!!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by ringring11
hey lou...does it only work on manual version of the G37s?

also, if i have to bring my ride for service..can the module set my ride back to the default setting
This should work with AUTOMATIC transmission as well and yes its easy to uninstall the program, it takes about 3min to go back to stock form if needed.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

I didn't exactly mean it useless sorry for that Lou didn't want to sound like I'm bashing your product; I take that back.

What I meant was it would probably be useless to me as I go through breathing parts like I go through underwear so pre-loaded maps wouldn't serve me much.

Apologies Lou
No worries bro, no need to apologize, i actually knew what you meant but i didn't want the forum to think its useless Also, its not my product, im just a distributor, we are not at all affiliated with HYPERTECH.

Once i meet with them later today, i will confirm if adding all the breathing mods will affect the tune. So far with intake and full catback, my AFR stayed optimal so i think adding HFC AND HEADERS won't affect it too much but i will verify all of that today

MIKE808,

yes it works with yours as well
Old 12-07-2009, 05:55 PM
ringring11

Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
This should work with AUTOMATIC transmission as well and yes its easy to uninstall the program, it takes about 3min to go back to stock form if needed.
I would hop on this module if it really works fine with the automatic G37.
Cause cobb tunning doesn't work with automatic (bummer).

Also, it works with Canadian model?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

update:

As far as the NON-US G37'S the main engineer i had a meeting with yesterday he dosen't have an answer, but he wont say no to it just yet.

If someone can send me a picture of the actual ECU front and rear so they see if they are using the same one, that would be the first step, also the OBD-II plug.

As for the octane rating, im no expert on the matte, but how he explained to me is that only the US rates the octane rating differently than the rest of the world. The mixtures and such are test the same way everywhere but here. He told me that 98oct rating in UK is very close to the 93 octane rating here in the US.

Also, canadians..... your covered. No different as far as the US SPEC ECU'S so the hypertech programmer will work for you guys

As for the tune. and I qoute:

Tune was made accross the powerband, not just on wide open throttle.
Parameters was changed across all RPM. Also, with mods such as intakes and exhaust, the tune will only compliment the added bolt ons. Keep in mind that the numbers posted were done on a strickly stock G37. No other mods was in place.

Hopefully i can set up a dyno test with them soon so we can get actual numbers.

One thing for sure that i noticed is that my intake and exhaust is louder. I guess with the tune, the car is breathing better.

After a week with the tune, i'm seeing more of the benefit also. Because it was tuned accross the whole powerband, throttle response was improved at a minimal on the lower rpm so your car won't jump but more aggressive on the higher rpm, anything over 4.5k rpm.

Now as far as my gas mileage, yes it has gone down because im enjoying it so much im on the pedal constantly

We are installing my proto HFC'S now, i'll chime in again once i get a chance to test it and data log with the magden.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i now have my next target. funny how i was just complaining to xlack how my car has so much lag and that this car was going down hill for me. this will def be my next mod and hopefully it'll bring my love back again.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
i now have my next target. funny how i was just complaining to xlack how my car has so much lag and that this car was going down hill for me. this will def be my next mod and hopefully it'll bring my love back again.
Funny you should say that, i was thinking the same thing with my G. Now i can't get enough of her again
Old 12-09-2009, 05:45 PM
beezy619

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
subscribed for dyno results...
Old 12-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

quick update

3rd gear pull at 7650, 12.1 AFR.

Its been raining so i can't test anymore for now but once the dyno session gets approved, we should have better numbers
Old 12-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Redline37
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
I wantt!! When I get the money, you will be hearing from me lou
Old 12-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
subscribed!!

I definitely want this if it works for non-US cars!!

Quick Reply: Special Hypertech max energy now available, including review from amplified