Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Ark grip review

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 06:36 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Ark grip review

Good morning guys hope all is good today, I wanted to share my thoughts on my new ark grip exhaust for the 2013 g37x sedan 7at. Now my G is a daily driver my wife uses to get to n from work so I was very worried about drone in the cabin from the exhaust because as we all know that would cause some drone from the ms. I can tell you from MY own experience there is absolutely no drone in the cabin with the ark grip, you get the low rpm bass hit but not drone. I'm coming from a set of tanabe axleback with vibrant resonators n that set up had absolutely no drone as well but before that it was a muffler delete n let me tell ya sooooooooo much f*#king drone I hated driving n really dont know how anyone can do it so that was replaced quickly with the tanabe set up n while it's great n does sound amazing to me you really only get that VQ growl at low rpm but after 3k its sounds a little young. Now when I say young I dont mean ricer but when I did a fly by for my wife that's how she described the sounded so after having her do a fly by for me I noticed exactly what she meant by "young" but now with the ARK GRIP she sounds like a god damn beast. Fitment was perfect n the only issue I had was trying to fit the mid-pipes on but in the wrong orientation, other than that it fits n looks great to me. So I hope this helps with any concerns with the ark grip exhaust.

Last edited by Redgoyabean; 11-14-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:29 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Hey bud, great review, lol at avoiding the drone form the Ms.

I moved it to the exhaust section of the Review folder,because, well you know, its a review. On an exhaust.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:58 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hashim
Hey bud, great review, lol at avoiding the drone form the Ms.

I moved it to the exhaust section of the Review folder,because, well you know, its a review. On an exhaust.
yea sorry still new to the posting thing.
The following users liked this post:
Baadnewsburr (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 02:15 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
My experience matches yours to a T. Can sound pretty loud in-car at full throttle but it could barely be heard when I was videoed at a track event last year.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
My experience matches yours to a T. Can sound pretty loud in-car at full throttle but it could barely be heard when I was videoed at a track event last year.
yea man I feel ya but for the most part it kept me satisfied for a lil bit but now I'm golden, ark is amazing
Old 11-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

I was looking into just adding some hfc or rhfc to the tanabe set up but i didnt want to void my warranty n I think if you go that route your be good because from what I've notice rhfc only adds a low growl but opens up at wot sound wise so maybe that's all your need to get that VQ sound with the tanabe n vibrant resonators n since the tanabe set up sounds nice at low rpms n the rhfc add to the sound on ththe higher rpms n if you really wanna enjoy some nice VQ sound take off the tanabe mufflers, if you have the vibrant resonators the sound is crazy man u will fall in love instantly n to be honest that's what drove me to get the ark, one day I was bored n removed the mufflers n holy sh*t I didnt want to put them back on but the drone was crazy when driving through the neighborhood. If your going to the track or just have the free time give it a shot you won't regret it.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:25 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

No HFC cats for me, I like my exhaust to be clean. I don't mind the relative quiet of the ARK.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:09 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

No HFC cats for me, I like my exhaust to be clean. I don't mind the relative quiet of the ARK.
I agree but I will be installing the fi rhfc n if ark makes their hfc into rhfc I'll DEFINITELY get those.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:39 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Edit: ok so it's only been like what 2 days of owning the ark exhaust n I did notice some drone from inside of the cabin last night, basically I picked my wife up from work n she drives pretty normally for the most part not to heavy on the pedal n that's when I heard the drone but it's not bad at all. I used to own an altima se-r which had a magnaflow CBE n it had around the same amount of drone n my wife absolutely loved that car n to my surprise last night while driving home she told me how much she likes the ark exhaust I couldn't believe it, so even with the slight drone in only very reserved driving my wife still approves of the ark grip lmao great. It's just soooooo much fun to drive all over again. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try my best to answer.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:16 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

"...to my surprise last night while driving home she told me how much she likes the ark exhaust."

The Seal Of Approval. Well done.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:22 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

"...to my surprise last night while driving home she told me how much she likes the ark exhaust."

The Seal Of Approval. Well done.
exactly
Old 08-08-2019, 08:26 PM
3onatree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's the opposite for me. My wife does not approve the ARK but its not for her, it for me. Of course my 15 year old loves it! I agree it sounds great but I would not want it any louder. I don't think my neighbors would appreciated it. Thinking of changing out the intake. Will that change the sound at the exhaust?