Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Loud Grinding noise when clutch depressed in neutral

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Vlad11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loud Grinding noise when clutch depressed in neutral

This is very urgent as it’s getting worse! Recently my car started making really bad and loud grinding noises when the clutch peddle is pushed in. It doesn’t matter if your in gear or not. It sounds really bad and grinds/get louder the higher the rpms are. It also grinds when I’m shifting gears. I replaced my clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing about 4-5 months ago. I think maybe the throw out bearing was cheap and went bad fast or something was aligned right in the transmission. I need help asap because it’s gettint worse and I rather know what to fix instead of having a shop buy overpriced replacement parts.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:56 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 270 Posts
Sounds like the throwout bearing (actually called a concentric slave cylinder or CSC) or pressure plate diaphragm spring is broken or damaged.
I wouldn't use a cheap CSC or clutch kit as the labour to remove and reinstall the transmission is expensive.

What clutch / CSC was put in?
Old 11-13-2018, 02:25 AM
Vlad11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a EXEDY CLUTCH KIT+GRIP FLYWHEEL that came with the slave cylinder. I believe this is the exact on i bought. https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXEDY-CLUTC...S!-1:rk:1:pf:0

However the slave cylinder did seem flimsy and didnt really have a brand name on it. The clutch works perfectly and feels great tho. Everything works properly other than the grinding especially when the car is on cold start. It will grind right away on a cold engine and only tones down when the car warms up and you make slow shifts at low rpms. I tried to post a video on here on how it sounds but i dont know how.