Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Best Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 01:03 AM
Lances Infiniti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Tune?

Thinking about getting a tune what yall think? I'm not very familiar with them but after doing some research it seems EcuTek and UpRev are the common ones with the G. Anyone have these or know more information that could help me decide which one and if it's worth it?
Old 06-20-2018, 05:25 AM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Lances Infiniti
Thinking about getting a tune what yall think? I'm not very familiar with them but after doing some research it seems EcuTek and UpRev are the common ones with the G. Anyone have these or know more information that could help me decide which one and if it's worth it?
Hi Lances, I am a tuner for the 370z platform on Ecutek. As far as ecutek vs uprev goes here are the main points:

uprev: adjust timing real-time
uprev: you can tune it yourself
uprev: has arc features that work out of the box (2 step, launch control, etc)

ecutek: has bluetooth support - control aspects of the tune with the bluetooth device. For example, pin-based anti-theft, dynamic timing adjustment, dynamic afr adjustment, dynamic throttle adjustment. Switch between more than 20 maps.
ecutek: alows for full custom reprogramming of the ecu using their programming language
ecutek: has knock warning
ecutek: better customer service
ecutek: has their over version of the ARC features, but less of them and they are only officially supported on manual model cars with synchrorev (the 370z). With ecutek's custom programming support the missing features can be added and new ones can be added too.

Both pieces of software can have the car perform well, but with ecutek you can implement a lot more features such as AFR failsafes, various compensations, speed density, and open loop fuel control.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (06-20-2018)