Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Service Engine soon Code P0107 A (2013 G37X)

Old 04-03-2018, 04:35 PM
DV8T1
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Service Engine soon Code P0107 A (2013 G37X)

Well after 5 months of owner ship last week had an engine service soon light come on dash.
I got to o'relies and advance to have them read the code. (just to make sure the same code & advice was correct.
Well it Read P0107 A which is a transmission temperature sensor/module.
But reading about it, transmission will start to make noticable shift points which it has up or down shifting it has.
It can also go into limp mode due to this code, luckily it hadn't.
After consulting with dealership purchased from, i got some good news since vehicle only has 46K miles on it the tranny is covered under 70K factory warranty.
So it saves me money. But they didn't have a courtesy vehicle leaving me without a car. There not sure how long it will take to diagnose & would call with further news.
So they won't have a courtesy vehicle till Monday. (Harper Infiniti's policy is if you make an appointment they provide 1, but since i didn't make one would have to wait on 1)
I will post again as results come in.

Last edited by DV8T1; 04-06-2018 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:19 AM
DV8T1
Registered Member

Well i got my vehicle back yesterday around noon, have driven it several times a combo of surface street city & highway so far so good. After multiple calls on my part to get answers and no call backs.
Harper Infiniti in Knoxville said a software bulletin was issued for the Transmission & fixed, the error code for it.
Good that it was a free service covered.
I wasn't to impressed with there customer service i called them to figure things out & they had to call me back as person in the know wasn't available. After multiple calls on my part I got a call back, from service adviser.
Just glad it wasn't something major but good thing im still under factory warranty for the next 20k just incase any issues arise.

1 thing that struck me odd: I ask the service adviser since my car was in for service was there any more service bulletins that could be applied since car was in for 24hrs at there location. His response we don't go searching for other bulletins we just fix the problem that cause the vehicle to come in.
Got to say I've owned Toyotas, Hondas many brands of vehicle & they will look up other service bulletins that could be applied since car was in. Odd. I would think a luxury car dealership would go a step above non luxury brands to keep customers appeased. Just curious.

Last edited by DV8T1; 04-06-2018 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:07 AM
DV8T1
Registered Member

Been over a week now since dealership updated Transmission software. All is working well.
I've noticed my Air controls where no responding buttons would not do anything after about 1 minute all functions worked.
Also noticed something I hadn't seen before when I was backing into a parking spot and radar sounded as I shifted a profile of the G displayed on screen and had a sentence populate saying something along the lines of beware of your surroundings.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:01 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
They turned on the sonar settings