Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

P1093 code returns again days later

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 09:38 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
so what happens to the $5k u spent if they couldnt fix it that time? they keep trying for free?
Old 04-15-2018, 12:19 PM
nethole
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh story gets better. Of course the dealer replaced the head. A head which was supposedly populated with 'all the goodies'. Turns out a few years ago, Nissan stopped populating the heads with the actuators (found this out from a second source who I should have gone to originally to resolve the problem, but I wasn't aware of them at the time). So, when the dealer replace 'the head' in a blanket attempt to replace all the things that could be wrong and cause the P1093, they replaced everything but the ONE thing that was actually causing the problem. In my case, an actuator with an intermittent problem. Also, from the sheets, it was obvious what a different person did the job from the one who actually did the actual daignosis. So 'the guy who did the diag thought the head was populated, guy who did the work saw the report to 'replace the head', each did his own job.

The dealer replaced the actuator, and so far, everything is working fine now . . . .

so yah, a MASSIVELY fraggin expensive job for what should have been an actuator replacement (plus diag time)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:10 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by nethole
oh story gets better. Of course the dealer replaced the head. A head which was supposedly populated with 'all the goodies'. Turns out a few years ago, Nissan stopped populating the heads with the actuators (found this out from a second source who I should have gone to originally to resolve the problem, but I wasn't aware of them at the time). So, when the dealer replace 'the head' in a blanket attempt to replace all the things that could be wrong and cause the P1093, they replaced everything but the ONE thing that was actually causing the problem. In my case, an actuator with an intermittent problem. Also, from the sheets, it was obvious what a different person did the job from the one who actually did the actual daignosis. So 'the guy who did the diag thought the head was populated, guy who did the work saw the report to 'replace the head', each did his own job.

The dealer replaced the actuator, and so far, everything is working fine now . . . .

so yah, a MASSIVELY fraggin expensive job for what should have been an actuator replacement (plus diag time)
You might have some sort of financial recourse particularly if you paid by credit card?

First speak to the Infiniti Service Manager and the General Dealer Manager for some financial adjustment.
If not satisfied write a letter with copies of your dealer receipts to your credit card company for improper diagnosis and poor workmanship.

Also contact Infiniti Customer Relations if necessary

Good luck

Telcoman
Old 04-26-2020, 01:44 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts

Any updates?

Old 04-26-2020, 02:54 PM
nethole
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle has behaved normally for the past two years since the actuator was replaced .
Old 04-26-2020, 03:18 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
Vehicle has behaved normally for the past two years since the actuator was replaced .
Good but I mean did they give you some of your money back?
Old 08-30-2023, 01:34 PM
Radbrad2023

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man I’m having a problem with the same code rn I just wanted to confirm what actuator did the dealership replace to solve the issues for you ?