Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help 2010 G37 P0021 code

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 09:17 PM
mariomonterrey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 G37 P0021 code

I have replaced camshaft position sensors, crankshaft position sensor, and valve timing control solenoid, bank 2 drivers side. Still not fixed. Cars runs but cannot get above 2500 RPM. If i accelerate without exceeding 2500 RPM, i can drive up to 70 MPH +. I have also replaced oil and filter. replaced spark plugs and general tune-up. I took to mechanic and they pulled front of engine apart, found nothing but replaced timing back cover gasket (which is part of a kit and pricey) and problem came back. Not sure where to go form here. Please help!
The following users liked this post:
MStrike (11-18-2020)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:31 PM
Joshua Pilgrim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help two

Originally Posted by mariomonterrey
I have replaced camshaft position sensors, crankshaft position sensor, and valve timing control solenoid, bank 2 drivers side. Still not fixed. Cars runs but cannot get above 2500 RPM. If i accelerate without exceeding 2500 RPM, i can drive up to 70 MPH +. I have also replaced oil and filter. replaced spark plugs and general tune-up. I took to mechanic and they pulled front of engine apart, found nothing but replaced timing back cover gasket (which is part of a kit and pricey) and problem came back. Not sure where to go form here. Please help!

i have the same problem. I have a 2009 G37x. I put a used engine, wire harness, ecu, because my old one gave out on me. After installing these parts and having the dealership reprogram my ecu to the right VIN. I started to get random check engine codes. (P0300, P0011, P0021, P0524, P2A00). I clear the codes to ensure it was just a bad relearn. But, I still keep coming up with these codes after the dealer flash my ecu. I had replace the O2 sensor, both cam sensor and actuator, the oil pressure sensor. After driving the car for at least 30 min @ 70 MPH on the highway, nothing happen to the car. After letting the G37x sit for about two hour I took it for a drive and this is what happen (It seems to occur within 50 miles of refueling and at highway speeds. Also the engine is at operating temperature. When it occurs, the engine will not run over approx 2500 rpm and if it does reach 2500 it shakes violently until back down below 2500. If you pull over and shutdown, it will restart and run fine. No error code that I can read with my cheap device. Also no CEL. The violent shaking is really violent and it feels like theres a big chain attached to the axle stopping the car from moving forward.). I don’t know what else could cause this problem. Could it be a bent fuel line or pump?; Could it also be that my catalytic converter is partially clogged and is restricted the flow of exhaust. This guy posted a video of the same problem. But now one has a answer to it. I have no more check engine codes because my car pass the NYS emissions test yesterday. 🤯😡. Someone please help. I don’t know what else to do

Old 03-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Vr4

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've seen instances where the trigger wheel for the cmp on the sprocket itself has come loose and moved.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:15 PM
finsallday

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 G37x code p0021 and p0345

did you find anything else about that out? I have changed vvt solenoid and about to change cam sensors but having the exact same problem as you described and the video showed. my car is doing it at lower rpms now too.
The following users liked this post:
MStrike (11-18-2020)
Old 06-14-2023, 01:56 PM
JHopson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mariomonterrey

Anyone find a solution here??