Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

CAI in rain?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 AM
Moussa93

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Takeda Cold Air Intake here.
Best intake you can go with!

Love the single filter design and the way it looks.

Installed mine without the shield, we've had couple of storms, heavy rain and nothing happened. You'll be fine

I went with Takeda mainly because of the single filter design but also the easiness of the install. Took me 1.5h. And I am a complete noob
Old 05-17-2014, 12:15 PM
G37Some

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Stillen Gen 3 install really isnt that bad at all. ESPECIALLY if you have the proper tool to make the cuts. I even had to cut the holes BY HAND because I overestimated the tools in my uncles garage where I did the install and then sanded the edges down. If you have the correct tool, making these plunge cuts with an oscilating tool for example will only add maybe 5-10 minutes to the install time. It really is much MUCH easier than the impression you get from reading things online. Atleast thats how I felt.

That being said I also live in Florida and my neighborhood tends to flood very easily and I absolutely knew I had to stay away from the Injen because of this. I do have the water shield on as were about to go into rain season here, but I'm definitely not worried at all if I do get stuck driving in the flash down pours we get everyday at 430pm.

Stillen g3 is worth it, the install isn't hard. You'll be surprised.
The following users liked this post:
Team_STILLEN (05-19-2014)
Old 05-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Thanks for the great review @G37Some
The following users liked this post:
G37Some (05-19-2014)
Old 05-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I just installed my Gen 3 & absolutely love it. It was a pretty easy install, first mod I did on my own. I was worried about taking off the bumper but got a DIY from here & it was so easy. I was worried about driving in the rain & was going to use that as an excuse not to drive it & put more miles on. Well the 5th day I had it we got hit by a storm out of no where, it rained buckets, visibility was awful. The intake worked great. I was nervous about no water bypass valve but where it located, no worries. The injen on the other hand. My car is worth it to me to have a little more involved install & not destroy the engine. Also, with the injen, you still take off the bumper to relocate the washer fluid tank. Avoid puddles if you go with injen.

But keep in mind, stillen has made a name for themselves developing products specifically for our cars. I only put the best parts money can buy on my car & that's what I got with stillen.

Do your research & get what you think is best
Old 06-01-2014, 01:07 PM
johnnyblazes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the injen cai and it was not good for me. I took the car out the day after it rain and the road was just a little wet n some how water got into it and the car was acting up. I have the KNN short ram now and have no problems.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:19 AM
Nick Yeng Xg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glover998
You can put some K&n wraps on the filters.
If you're going with Stillen G3, PM me for the correct wraps for its filters.

That's if you're too much worried about water getting sucked in, otherwise u won't be needing them.

G.L
Can you help me find some correct size wraps for z1 intakes, my car hydro locked and yeah