Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Stillen Charger for supporting mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Stillen Charger for supporting mods

Hello all,

I've been hunting for a bit now, but I can't seem to find exactly where some of you guys are getting nav-integrated boost levels, etc.. I've seen them on quite a few of the GTM TT and SC cars. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thoughts of other clutch combos other than OS Giken for Stillen's SC setup? Everyone seems to be running OS Giken twin plates! Southbend? JWT?

Thanks again,
Eric

Old 10-07-2012, 11:39 PM
eksigned

Couldn't edit my title in time "Stillen charger supporting mods!" lol
Old 10-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It makes no difference which kit you have you can still hook up the gauges with or without a FI kit. Which system have you been looking at? So far there's only 2 systems that can integrate into our NAV system. That is the HKS CAMP 2 and Blitz RDITZ or something like that. Unfortunately the Blitz you cannot add a boost sensor to it as that system is pretty much made for cars that comes boosted from factory. An advantage with that system is it'll read AFR right out of the box, some even says it'll read Oil Temp. Can't beat that IMO!

The HKS on the other hand can get very expensive due to all the sensors you will need to purchase plus install however it is the best Unit imo.
There is:
Oil temp
Oil pressure
Fuel pressure
Water
EGT
BOOST.
Every sensor isn't just plug and play into your car, you will need to buy adapters to accept some of those sensors. For example, the oil temp sensor you can buy a oil cooler sandwich adapter that will accept sensors or if you got the ***** you can always drill your upper oil pan and tap it there.

Also, you will need to buy a AUX modulator to be able to view it through your nav screen. I would not try and bypass your navs aux because it will never be the same.

Hope this helps a little!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:08 PM
eksigned

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
It makes no difference which kit you have you can still hook up the gauges with or without a FI kit. Which system have you been looking at? So far there's only 2 systems that can integrate into our NAV system. That is the HKS CAMP 2 and Blitz RDITZ or something like that. Unfortunately the Blitz you cannot add a boost sensor to it as that system is pretty much made for cars that comes boosted from factory. An advantage with that system is it'll read AFR right out of the box, some even says it'll read Oil Temp. Can't beat that IMO!

The HKS on the other hand can get very expensive due to all the sensors you will need to purchase plus install however it is the best Unit imo.
There is:
Oil temp
Oil pressure
Fuel pressure
Water
EGT
BOOST.
Every sensor isn't just plug and play into your car, you will need to buy adapters to accept some of those sensors. For example, the oil temp sensor you can buy a oil cooler sandwich adapter that will accept sensors or if you got the ***** you can always drill your upper oil pan and tap it there.

Also, you will need to buy a AUX modulator to be able to view it through your nav screen. I would not try and bypass your navs aux because it will never be the same.

Hope this helps a little!
VERY helpful! Been browsing through a couple threads...seems like some people are using person computers? All I need really is boost, afr, and engine oil temp. Will plan on using 3 separate gauges with the stillen kit. Thanks again for your insight!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad I can help! Let me know if you need anymore info.

You can also look at PLX Devices. They're pretty neat actually.