Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

re-tuning your car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:09 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
UPREV is the way for us, I had Cobb on my Mazdaspeed3, I wanted Cobb but they no longer support the VQ? Not sure why.. Sitll get the UPREV look into get the cable and software, So you can check the tune from home,( Laptop) If my tuner wasnt literally down the street I would have this.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
UPREV is the way for us, I had Cobb on my Mazdaspeed3, I wanted Cobb but they no longer support the VQ? Not sure why.. Sitll get the UPREV look into get the cable and software, So you can check the tune from home,( Laptop) If my tuner wasnt literally down the street I would have this.
Thanks for the input man, appreciate it!

I'm also looking into how I can use the same equipment for multiple G's. I have 3 or 4 locals that are interested, but don't all want to have to purchase the Cable and Software.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 PM
seymore4
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Thanks for the input man, appreciate it!

I'm also looking into how I can use the same equipment for multiple G's. I have 3 or 4 locals that are interested, but don't all want to have to purchase the Cable and Software.
The software is free to everyone, but you can't access it without the cable. At a minimum they're all going to have to purchase a $300 Osiris flash license, but there are ways to get around all the rest
Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by seymore4
The software is free to everyone, but you can't access it without the cable. At a minimum they're all going to have to purchase a $300 Osiris flash license, but there are ways to get around all the rest

He's right, They will all have to but this and the E tune, which is a can tune from uprev, If you go this way who's tuning the car?? One of them. I hope they know what they are doing
Old 06-08-2012, 08:44 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Heres a question about the UPREV tune tho, Is the brake override something that can be changed, Just found out that Nissan has a switch that will only allow the TB to open 10% when on the brake. NO I know why I can not lauch the car.. LOL
Old 06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
seymore4
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Heres a question about the UPREV tune tho, Is the brake override something that can be changed, Just found out that Nissan has a switch that will only allow the TB to open 10% when on the brake. NO I know why I can not lauch the car.. LOL
I remember reading a big thread on this over on my350z (search brake boosting, IIRC it's in the FI section) there is a way around it but it involves tapping some wires on the ecu and putting in a Switch to disable it. I think there was another option to pull a fuse but you lose your brake lights as well, not sure if it applies directly to G37/370z's as well or if it changed with the model revision. Definitely puts a damper on your fun when you attempt a brake stand tho!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:22 AM
indyn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember reading a big thread on this over on my350z (search brake boosting, IIRC it's in the FI section) there is a way around it but it involves tapping some wires on the ecu and putting in a Switch to disable it. I think there was another option to pull a fuse but you lose your brake lights as well, not sure if it applies directly to G37/370z's as well or if it changed with the model revision. Definitely puts a damper on your fun when you attempt a brake stand tho!

there's a youtube video someone doing this with his boosted G37. might be SharpByCoop
Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

it is by Coop, He has a switch on his dash, But then something about he has to shut the car off and turn it back on,, I was also told to look at the ETC setting on on UPREV, Turning that off will do it "We" think but I lose cruise control, UM something I never use anyway,
Old 06-08-2012, 12:05 PM
seymore4
Registered Member

That's the same with the 350's, you lose functionality in something (might be abs) and
It won't come back on until you physically turn the car on and off.

I remember reading about the ETC as well, disables the cruise control and makes the throttle directly linear to the pedal position,
What I heard was that it makes the throttle too touchy to drive well tho.. Never messed with it myself tho so I can't speak from experience
Old 06-08-2012, 12:17 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

That's the same with the 350's, you lose functionality in something (might be abs) and
It won't come back on until you physically turn the car on and off.

I remember reading about the ETC as well, disables the cruise control and makes the throttle directly linear to the pedal position,
What I heard was that it makes the throttle too touchy to drive well tho.. Never messed with it myself tho so I can't speak from experience
I really have to try this tho, What did people say before the electronic throttle control was invented, We had fuel injection then, Carbs, never had a ETC unit, Where they to touchy?? No. Just what we are used to is the ECU telling the engine and TB how much to open not the acually pedal position. The Cable to gas pedal was always nice. Floor it the the TB opened 100% or all 4 barrells would open.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:18 PM
seymore4
Registered Member

Do it and post up your results! I'm curious too.. Lol
Old 06-08-2012, 12:36 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Will do. I'm going to try to my up with him tomorrow at some point, I hope.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:58 PM
seymore4
Registered Member

If you need someone to turn it off in your rom file email it to me and I'll do it for you
Old 06-08-2012, 01:24 PM
indyn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Noticed difference in shifting when my car is driven normally and aggressive.

My car is automatic, so when in 'Drive' and I go full WOT, the car shifts really fast and almost at red line. Even in Manual shifting, when in WOT, shifts between each gear is almost instant.
This is not the case when driven less aggressive. I do have Uprev, and transmission line pressure was not touched when I got it tuned.

I'm not complaining but is this normal?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

If you need someone to turn it off in your rom file email it to me and I'll do it for you

Thanx man, YOU THE MAN, But I do not have access to my tune, I do not have the cable or software, My tuner only lives like 15 mins from me. WAIT I have the cable and the Disc from stillen, IS that the software? I could down load that to my laptop and pull the tune out for you? Not to sure on he UPREV stuff had Cobb before.

Quick Reply: re-tuning your car?