Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GTM Performance Engineering: VQ37VHR Twin Supercharger System

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 AM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow twin supercharger?

Hey Sam,
You can use my car if you need a test car for as long as you need it.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 AM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol chances are GTM already has a test car
Old 02-27-2012, 11:01 AM
javisaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally an option for the X! Can't wait for performance price numbers. Will this be the only option for the AWD cars?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:27 PM
spawn350

1st kid on the block!!

I get to be the very first person to have a production kit installed!!! I was torn between TT and SC, so now TSC makes the choice easy. Sam confirmed that I will be first. Of course I will post a full review as soon as I get it installed. I am so freaking' excited!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^congrats man! this sounds so sick i cant wait for more.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 AM
theaudir8fan

Originally Posted by spawn350
I get to be the very first person to have a production kit installed!!! I was torn between TT and SC, so now TSC makes the choice easy. Sam confirmed that I will be first. Of course I will post a full review as soon as I get it installed. I am so freaking' excited!
Congrats, I know the feeling of being the first, i was the first sedan with stage 2 SC, Hope all goes well for your car can't wait to see pics and results. Let us know what's the specs with your car and other mods that you have put in, also the stage you choose and other additional mods you are getting or just PM me about it
Old 02-28-2012, 05:01 AM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by spawn350
Big congrats Will, I'm happy for you .

Sam
Old 02-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I just got a woody!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:08 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice work GTM. That front bracket/mounting plate is going to look amazing all polished up with two superchargers hanging from it. Drool!

Subscribed...
Old 02-28-2012, 11:41 PM
SoulSeeker

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by warpeacelove
Super Chargers are bad on the Transmission. It is wise to choose ST or TT instead.
Where did you get that information from.....the automatics are bad with forced induction....unless built..... Superchargers are more linear on the torque curve and turbos are known for stronger torque numbers and it comes on like a **** when fully spooled.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
R3al_L3git

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Awesome!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:36 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
7AT and AWD transfer case worries? I know you have a complete rebuild kit for the 7AT, but what about the transfer case on the G37 X? It's pretty small...
Old 02-29-2012, 03:25 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by SoulSeeker
Where did you get that information from.....the automatics are bad with forced induction....unless built..... Superchargers are more linear on the torque curve and turbos are known for stronger torque numbers and it comes on like a **** when fully spooled.
Corrections:

The AT would be ideal for the supercharger (a roots type, not a centrifugal). If you look at how each of the two applications deliver the power, you begin to see the advantages.
This all goes back to an article I read from racing magazine about how superchargers are more ideal for daily driving where drive-train stress and warranty issues are a concern. They essentially compared how a turbo delivers power in a non-linear way (ie, a surge of power when the turbo compressor releases a spool of air) to how a supercharger delivers power in a linear way (ie, the power is delivered at the rate of the engines drive belt so that there is no surge of power).

Because an auto uses overdrive in the way a manual uses downshifting, an extra 60 to 100whp it is a horrible stress on the transmission and you don't really have any control over it. With a supercharger, the power delivery is linear so their is no sudden burst of power. At the very least, you can count on your transmission lasting longer than a supercharger, with less money spent on transmission improvements.

Last edited by warpeacelove; 03-01-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 AM
oreoleo

That's completely incorrect. If anything a SC puts more stress on the motor through parasitic losses, while a turbo setup produces more torque which is worse for a transmission.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:04 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^ + 1

BTW, this thread is about twin SC and mega horses. But how about using that smaller SC, skip the intercooler and rely on water injection for det protection. That would make a good 0.5 stage for people that only want to run 5PSI. It should be kinder to the auto trans, lighter weight and cost less.

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering: VQ37VHR Twin Supercharger System