Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Who has a Stillen G37 Supercharger? Numbers, pics, vids!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by whiddles
Can you show us a picture of the back of the o-ring (part that is seated in the intake in the picture).
Old 07-02-2014, 06:08 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes when I get home. or if my wifes can send me a quick pic.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:15 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Name:  IMG958484.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  108.4 KB

Name:  IMG957356.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  53.2 KB
Old 07-02-2014, 11:21 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Sorry for your troubles, I feel for you. If installed correctly and it was at a stillen dealer and this still happened, the shop who did the work is liable. Imo
Old 07-03-2014, 04:06 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
def the shop who installed in liable.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

the shop did nothing to cause the water leak which hydro locked my car though
Old 07-03-2014, 09:27 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Damn man sorry to hear this,
But is it just me or is Stillen "really" trying to say the RTV cause the intercooler to leak because it sealed the system tight so you would have no leaks.

SO basically what they are saying is because you didn't have a vacuum leak or let air escape between the TB and manifold the pressure was to great and"CNC machined O ring groove thus causing the aluminum casting to warp/distort and even crack" Really?
So we all should have leaks in the system?

An I am too I person who really likes this kit had it loved it and will have again but we all know that. But this makes me nervous now, I always wondered what would happen if that thing ever leaked? Again sorry Whiddles
Old 07-03-2014, 11:14 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

thanks for the reply and seeing my point. I hope this does not happen to someone else while driving on the highway on a hot summer day with no rain and have to tell people how you hydro locked a car without flooding it and it will cost you over $1100 from Stillen just replace there faulty equipment and then buy a new engine or pay for a rebuild. If these was a car manufacturer and this started to happen to there products the Government steps in and holds the manufacturer responsible no matter how far out of warranty. After market does not have to play by the rules so we have to just let others know via forums and things.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 AM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Damn man sorry to hear this,
But is it just me or is Stillen "really" trying to say the RTV cause the intercooler to leak because it sealed the system tight so you would have no leaks.

SO basically what they are saying is because you didn't have a vacuum leak or let air escape between the TB and manifold the pressure was to great and"CNC machined O ring groove thus causing the aluminum casting to warp/distort and even crack" Really?
So we all should have leaks in the system?

An I am too I person who really likes this kit had it loved it and will have again but we all know that. But this makes me nervous now, I always wondered what would happen if that thing ever leaked? Again sorry Whiddles
The point of the O ring is to prevent any air leaks between the mating surface of the throttle body and intake manifold. The leak in the intercooler is a separate issue.

However, we brought up the manifold to "Whiddles" because the manifold was clearly damaged and needed to be replaced. He chose to tell the world that it would cost $1,100.00 to repair the intercooler which is false. It would cost $1,100.00 to replace the intercooler and the damaged manifold. Had the manifold not been damaged the repair cost for the intercooler would have been significantly less.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:19 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Originally Posted by whiddles
the shop did nothing to cause the water leak which hydro locked my car though
If they over torqued the manifold they would be liable. That O ring looks pretty frazzled along the edges, maybe a sign of failure due to too much torque. Then, the ensuing pressure and heat warped the core causing the leak? So many variables to consider. This type of possible failure is the reason I didn't choose the stillen SC kit, to me it seemed risky. Decided in the end just to stay na.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:43 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

like how kyle is turning it into a install error war. This thread was to discuss the water cooler letting go, unrelated to throttle bodies. Kyle you want me to post all my communication with you and Josh and where we sent my car to for installs and to correct some errors on your dime? Im not here to bash. Im here to see if this needs to be looked at any further or not.

either way with o rings or not it all was done through stillen now stillen says its installed incorrectly. funny. Kyle okay even to replace your inner cooler core is over $580 and then you did discount it for me but its still to me unfair

Last edited by whiddles; 07-03-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: like how kyle is turning it into a install error war.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:30 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Stillen o-ring picture sent to me from Trent

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  76.7 KB

mine
Name:  IMG957356.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  53.2 KB
Old 07-03-2014, 03:30 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
??? So he says there Square EH,
Attached Thumbnails Who has a Stillen G37 Supercharger? Numbers, pics, vids!-stillen_nissan_370z_supercharger_1a.jpg  
Old 07-03-2014, 04:33 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Im just wondering why you "whiddles" think that stillen owes you anything? I'm not trying to be rude, it's just a question, believe me I would be just as upset. But, the parts ARE out of warranty, and the kit is four years old. If you go into the high end of tuning an na motor and add forced induction you gotta go into it with the idea and wallet for something to go wrong. Going after stillen is not the way to go, you just gotta suck it up and be happy they are giving you a deal on parts to help you fix the issue. The fact that it's out of warranty is the problem, if your car was out of its factory warranty and it blew up with no mods, you think the dealership will fix it for free?
The following users liked this post:
Team_STILLEN (07-03-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 04:42 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

no but if more than one fails on a factory car and its not due to neglect it will be recalled and looked into. to me I agree with you for the most part. I put this out to get your opinions. but I feel this can be a major issue

Quick Reply: Who has a Stillen G37 Supercharger? Numbers, pics, vids!