Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review TWM short shifter + Leopard knob

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Gee37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow TWM short shifter + Leopard ****

About a month ago I drove down to the TWM shop to get my car test fitted with their new product for the G37 6MT. First of all, I'd like to thank the guys there for the work they've done, they are extremely professional and clearly know what they are doing. I've been driving with this thing for a while now and I love it!

Short Shifters by TWM Performance

Install was fairly straight forward, I did most of the watching and they did most of the work! Total install time took about 2 hours and a half, but they were taking pictures of every step of the process.

I also got a A6 Leopard **** from them, it really improves the feedback you get from the transmission and provides a sportier feel to the car. I've always been a fan of weighted metal ***** and I think I will be for a while!

On to the actual review. I'd like to point out that my brother drives a stock G37S 6MT, so I always have a stock G37S to do back to back comparos after each one of my mods!

As soon as they finished the install I jumped it and went through the gears. The difference is very noticeable. It's not subtle at all, you can definitely tell that the throws are shorter between each gear. Along with the metal ****, you get more feedback and a little more vibration in your hand which really makes the car feel sportier. The shifts between each gear are now crisper and feel more accurate. Since the pivot point has been altered, you do need more strength to shift from gear to gear but it is to be expected when installed a short shifter.

I drove my brothers car for a whole day last week and the first thing that struck me was how long the shifts were in his car. I wasn't getting into his car with the intention of comparing the throws, but once I shifted gears it really took my by surprise, it didn't feel like I was driving a luxury sports coupe anymore! However, despite the longer throws the shifter was lighter and required less force to navigate through the gears.

At the end of the day, I got out of his car and into mine, once more without the intention of comparing the shifters. Started the car and proceeded to put her into first gear, but I froze. I didn't want to let the clutch out because I thought the shifter wasn't fully in gear. Put her back into neutral, let go the clutch, engaged the clutch and tried putting her into first gear again and once more I was freaking out because I thought it wasn't actually going into gear. I stopped, thought about it for a second and realized how much of an idiot I am. You better believe it people, the difference is that drastic.

You should keep in mind though the the TWM **** is weighted and countersunk so the Leopard ****+SS sits lower than stock ****+SS. Making the throws even shorter between each gear. The **** is height adjustable so you could set it at any height you feel comfortable with.

****: A6 Leopard Shift ***** - TWM Performance Weighted Shift *****

Short shifter: Nissan 370Z / Infiniti G37 Short Shifters - TWM Performance

I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to make their car a little more fun to drive. This is a high quality short shifter and it is worth every penny!

Feel free if you have any questions or remarks.

Name:  P7230452.jpg
Views: 3851
Size:  90.2 KB
Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 PM
BlackG37Coupe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just about to post a thread asking if they made a short shifter for our cars, I have one on my mustang and I LOVE it. Will def be picking this up
Old 08-03-2010, 09:04 PM
xyz
Registered Member

thanks for the great review . . . not sure if i like the "more vibration" part though . . . g37 shifter already had too much vibration for my liking to begin with . . .
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Agreed. I was thinking the same thing.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great review, had a TWM short throw for my Mazdaspeed 3 and loved it.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Gee37S

If you keep the stock **** it has rubber so the vibrations will be just like stock. The metal **** has no rubber so you feel the vibrations more.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:09 AM
TWM Performance

Just came across this review! Thank you very much, and we're happy to see that you're loving your new TWM short shifter and shift ****!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance
Old 03-25-2015, 06:54 PM
rsattler26

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Does anyone know details about the plastic piece that is easily broken during install? Does this come with any of the shifters offered? Want to be prepared for my install.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:33 AM
TWM Performance

Unfortunately, we do not supply that piece in our kit. It seems to be a dealer only part. Hooray for reviving this great thread though

Renato
Team TWM Performance

Originally Posted by rsattler26
Does anyone know details about the plastic piece that is easily broken during install? Does this come with any of the shifters offered? Want to be prepared for my install.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:59 PM
FPVJAY

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
I want to get a twm short shifter for my 2013 g37s

Has anything changed to production on this part since it's now 2016 and nobody has talked about this shifter in a while?
Old 09-27-2016, 09:23 AM
TWM Performance

A6 Leopard for your 2013 G37S

We still have an A6 Leopard with an adapter that will fit your 2013 G37S perfectly. You Can CLICK HEREand You will be directed to the A6 Leopard Shift **** on our site!

Parker
Team TWM Performance
Old 10-13-2016, 03:59 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
As far as I know they are still making a quality STS and shift *****. This mod (although maybe a different shift **** haven't decided) is on my list of things to do. No changes to it I believe because every MY G37 6spd is the same as far as this mod goes. This seems to be one of the best options out there. I would say next would be B&M.

Check out their website.
Infiniti G37 Short Throw Shifter
Old 02-14-2023, 03:29 PM
Niks.vq

Originally Posted by xyz
thanks for the great review . . . not sure if i like the "more vibration" part though . . . g37 shifter already had too much vibration for my liking to begin with . . .
I had just bought a 2008 G37s coupe with a 6 spd and wasn't sure if the vibration of the shifter at idle was normally like that. All the bushings feel fine but it has a lot of vibration at idle in neutral or in gear