Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Beshoff STILLEN VQ37 Supercharger System install

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
Pssst.. you might want to go by there.. I hear a S/C'd one is on the road from Fields..
Yeah... Anible was talking to me about that a few weeks ago when I went in for an oil change... haven't stopped by to see it yet...

I did see the Stillen S/C'd red FX35 they had last year though!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
not sure how many had seen this but here's a clip of the SC with the hood opened

YouTube - Stillen supercharged 370z
Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
not sure how many had seen this but here's a clip of the SC with the hood opened

YouTube - Stillen supercharged 370z
RCZ's from the370z.. being tuned tomorrow.. tuner kit. 93 octane..
Old 06-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Weiboy718

nice! you guys doing the tune?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

nice! you guys doing the tune?
Not this one.. he's in Florida, and has access to better fuel, so not going to wait.

I'm really excited about your build! Are you waiting until Saturday to drive it?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Weiboy718

Not this one.. he's in Florida, and has access to better fuel, so not going to wait.

I'm really excited about your build! Are you waiting until Saturday to drive it?
yeah! Beshoff is like 45 min drive from where i'm at. traffic hour can take as much as 1 1/2 hr to get there lol. so i'd rather save the best for last lol.

hey, Josh! can you tell me more about how the ecu reflash works.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

yeah! Beshoff is like 45 min drive from where i'm at. traffic hour can take as much as 1 1/2 hr to get there lol. so i'd rather save the best for last lol.

hey, Josh! can you tell me more about how the ecu reflash works.
Traffic.. yeah know a little something about that.. too long of a commute to Costa Mesa..

The ECU reflash is quite dialed in actually. The UpRev software is installed (on a windows machine), and updates itself to get all of the STILLEN tunes for the different "ECU ROMs".. basically the different versions of ECUs that are out there.

If it doesn't detect the ECU as being one that's known, it will download a copy of the ECU and drop a file that can be emailed to us, which then needs to be 'cracked' to know where all of the tables exist, fuel maps, etc. are on that ECU.

From there we're able to add the tune to the cracked ROM, and it's put on the server for download via the software.

Flashing the ECU is simple, just a matter of running the software, and connecting the supplied USB-to-OBDII cable to the car, and selecting the appropriate tune, which in this case will be Supercharger + Cat-Back Exhaust, and hitting go. It will reflash the ECU with the tuned ROM, and you're good to go.

If there was ever the need, the software also has a tune that's a 'back-to-stock' tune that will put your ECU back to stock configuration.

You retain the cable, and comes with additional benefits like being able to check and delete check engine lights, troublecodes, etc. It also has the ability to work with UpRev's Cipher software (for a fee) that would allow you to datalog, and do all kinds of other cool stuff, if that's your deal.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:49 PM
emyrl

Very nice! I want to see this, but not sure I'll be making it to the Beshoff meet on Saturday. Anyway, congrats Eric!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Staples

Josh, you're offering a tuner kit option? I thought it was turn key only. I hope there's a tuner because I'll be getting this kit a lot sooner then expected.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Weiboy718

Traffic.. yeah know a little something about that.. too long of a commute to Costa Mesa..

The ECU reflash is quite dialed in actually. The UpRev software is installed (on a windows machine), and updates itself to get all of the STILLEN tunes for the different "ECU ROMs".. basically the different versions of ECUs that are out there.

If it doesn't detect the ECU as being one that's known, it will download a copy of the ECU and drop a file that can be emailed to us, which then needs to be 'cracked' to know where all of the tables exist, fuel maps, etc. are on that ECU.

From there we're able to add the tune to the cracked ROM, and it's put on the server for download via the software.

Flashing the ECU is simple, just a matter of running the software, and connecting the supplied USB-to-OBDII cable to the car, and selecting the appropriate tune, which in this case will be Supercharger + Cat-Back Exhaust, and hitting go. It will reflash the ECU with the tuned ROM, and you're good to go.

If there was ever the need, the software also has a tune that's a 'back-to-stock' tune that will put your ECU back to stock configuration.

You retain the cable, and comes with additional benefits like being able to check and delete check engine lights, troublecodes, etc. It also has the ability to work with UpRev's Cipher software (for a fee) that would allow you to datalog, and do all kinds of other cool stuff, if that's your deal.
cool, the tech at Beshoff showed me a bit of how the software works. i'm starting to understand a bit. so was my tune tuned according to my own ecu?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Staples
Josh, you're offering a tuner kit option? I thought it was turn key only. I hope there's a tuner because I'll be getting this kit a lot sooner then expected.
Yes, we will have a tuner kit option, it's being released slowly, as you can imagine it will have a strong waiver with it, as it's up to your tuner to do things right.

Give us a call if that's of interest to you, we can discuss. What we recommend though is getting the basic (and soon-to-be CARB approved, currently pending) kit through a reputable source, potentially a dealer or qualified shop like Beshoff, get it installed and happy, and if you want to upgrade later, it's a pulley and a tune depending on your goals.

+160 wheel horsepower should suit you fine.. at least for a while.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

cool, the tech at Beshoff showed me a bit of how the software works. i'm starting to understand a bit. so was my tune tuned according to my own ecu?
Absolutely.. your specific ECU has been looked at, mapped and identified, and the appropriate tables for fuel and timing have been adjusted, and will be flashed.

They have different ECUs for all kinds of things.. the joke around the office is whatever Nissan engineer was looking to make a name for himself that day.. but you do have to consider the amount of different vehicles that are out there.. G37 Coupes, Sedans, Convertibles, RWD, AWD, Automatics, Manuals.. and every combination in between.. and all can have a different ECU.

That's why we've been sending out cables in advance of the supercharger hard parts, to ensure we had the crack and tune in place before the installation.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:21 AM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats Eric...sucks i wont be there Saturday.....
Old 06-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Staples

Yes, we will have a tuner kit option, it's being released slowly, as you can imagine it will have a strong waiver with it, as it's up to your tuner to do things right.

Give us a call if that's of interest to you, we can discuss. What we recommend though is getting the basic (and soon-to-be CARB approved, currently pending) kit through a reputable source, potentially a dealer or qualified shop like Beshoff, get it installed and happy, and if you want to upgrade later, it's a pulley and a tune depending on your goals.

+160 wheel horsepower should suit you fine.. at least for a while.
I trust the tuner and my mechanic 100%. They have already installed / tuned a twin turbo G37 and he's been tuning cars for over 20 years. He just got done finishing up a 1690rwhp twin turbo viper, so a conservative 450whp that feels like a stock daily driven car is nothing for him.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Weiboy718

Absolutely.. your specific ECU has been looked at, mapped and identified, and the appropriate tables for fuel and timing have been adjusted, and will be flashed.

They have different ECUs for all kinds of things.. the joke around the office is whatever Nissan engineer was looking to make a name for himself that day.. but you do have to consider the amount of different vehicles that are out there.. G37 Coupes, Sedans, Convertibles, RWD, AWD, Automatics, Manuals.. and every combination in between.. and all can have a different ECU.

That's why we've been sending out cables in advance of the supercharger hard parts, to ensure we had the crack and tune in place before the installation.
cool man! i am all set and can't wait!

Quick Reply: Beshoff STILLEN VQ37 Supercharger System install