Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

How does DS Mode work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Tariq - G37x S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does DS Mode work?

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new here. As my username suggests, I just recently purchased a G37x Sport sedan. I'm from Toronto.
Can someone explain to me how DS mode works? I'm sure there are many newbies like me here who don't really know either.

When you put the car in DS mode, and you don't shift, will the car automatically shift for you but just at a higher RPM?
What if you 'forget' to shift, will it redline? or will the automatic transmission intervene and shift for you?

Also, if you're driving on 'D' mode, will the paddle shifters work?
If yes, and you downshift to get more power...will the car automaticaly shift back up once you hit your cruising speed?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2009, 03:21 PM
mindonmatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...rwd-sedan.html
Old 06-16-2009, 03:22 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tariq - G37x S
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new here. As my username suggests, I just recently purchased a G37x Sport sedan. I'm from Toronto.
Can someone explain to me how DS mode works? I'm sure there are many newbies like me here who don't really know either.

When you put the car in DS mode, and you don't shift, will the car automatically shift for you but just at a higher RPM?
What if you 'forget' to shift, will it redline? or will the automatic transmission intervene and shift for you?

Also, if you're driving on 'D' mode, will the paddle shifters work?
If yes, and you downshift to get more power...will the car automaticaly shift back up once you hit your cruising speed?

Thanks
Welcome and congrats.

In DS mode the car will redline without up shifting but will downshift if coming to a stop or where driving in a higher gear is not pratical like 10mph in 7th.

The paddle shifters work in either mode but will revert to full auto if the gear lever is in D.

DS mode is really for spiritted driving or for me when in slow moving traffic where I can put it in 3rd and have enough power to close any gaps that may open without the jerkiness from up and down shifting. Its also great for the twisties where a tight turn requires a lower gear like 2 or 3rd where there is loads of torque. It will also allow you to use up the full range of your engine. But be warned this mode will use more gas as the engine is 'working' harder.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:07 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RTFM or https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...lp-please.html