Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Headers for g37

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:53 PM
C@ciQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It all depends on who is doing the job and the circumstances. I had my O2 sensors removed first for my HFCs and later for my headers. Results: Until this day no SES or CEL.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:08 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I've always had this question. Isn't flashing the ECU just basically loading on a pre-loaded map with whatever mods are present at the time? If you want full on engine management to where you customize it with the dyno tune, that's something different and what would be a good one? I need flashpro for my TSX, not sure of the G37 equivalent as I just bought the car a few days ago.

Originally Posted by BradManUWF
Wow, def a new guy to the car scene. Ok, reflash is changing or "flashing" your car's computer that controls the engine management. This is done to adjust the air/fuel ratio along with various other things.

Impuls is a company that makes aftermarket parts/accessories for cars and is one of many. Go to www.froogle.com and type in G37 "insert part you're looking for here" and browse. I also suggest you browse the following sections just reading and learning things about your car and what's available for it.

Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction - MyG37
Intake and Exhaust - MyG37

Here are some links to sites that carry parts for the G37:
http://www.gtmotorsports.com/index.php
http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...54215.67.132.1
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf...s/Infiniti/G37
http://www.street-power.com/ing37pe.html
and course there's searching through eBay
Old 11-12-2015, 01:30 PM
JM Auto Racing
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
don't forget jmautosports.com :-)
Old 12-27-2015, 07:32 PM
R3M1NGTON

Still wondering if people have good comparison numbers for the different headers out there.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:35 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Depends on the car tho, If you have a AWD sedan the only headers for you are Stillen or knock offs. I tried Momentum s( Z1) and the driver side didn't fit. Primary tube hit the motor mount. Just bought Stillens.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:37 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
rock auto is the place to get sensors i picked up 2 for under 250 shipped

Originally Posted by dannbla
Damn 850 just for the sensors
Old 08-25-2017, 04:54 AM
Shayan Rajan

Headers worth it?

I have 2013 G37x 7AT. So far, I have a dc short ram intake, hks hi power mufflers, a megan racing y pipe, and Kinetix hfcs. Considering getting aftermarket headers to improve my performance and sound. How much louder does it make your car? How much faster? What's a good company that's not too expensive? Are headers worth it? And lastly, can you install it yourself, and if you cant, how much does it cost for a shop?
Old 08-25-2017, 10:09 AM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
How much louder does it make your car? I noticed a tonal change, not a volume change. Car sounded a tad deeper, especially on cold startup.

How much faster? Hard to say as I didn't get just headers and a tune but also addressed my intake plenums and TBs.

What's a good company that's not too expensive? As a AWD own I believe your only option is Stillen. All the others either have not be tested on a AWD or are proven to not fit without impacting something.

Are headers worth it? This is only going to get you an opinionated answers. I personally feel it is. It has gains. Dollar to HP I imagine it would not be bad if it wasn't for the install cost.

And lastly, can you install it yourself, and if you cant, how much does it cost for a shop? You can. You may wish you didn't, but you can. If your cat bolts or seized, you can't get to the exhaust bolts easily, or you do not feel good dropping the steering linkage and reattaching it without buggering it up I would talk to a few shops about doing it. If you are a hardcore DIYer with a large allotment of tools and a free weekend, go for it.

If you search a little bit more there are a few write-up and reviews of headers on the VQ and on the AWD VQ. I would go over the the 370z forum as well and search; a few write-up there as well including some before and after dyno sheets. Good luck!
Old 08-25-2017, 03:02 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
read my thread below i did a before and after dyno with just headers and then tuned

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...er-thread.html

just remember every dyno is different and every car is different you might see higher or lower gains..

Originally Posted by Shayan Rajan
I have 2013 G37x 7AT. So far, I have a dc short ram intake, hks hi power mufflers, a megan racing y pipe, and Kinetix hfcs. Considering getting aftermarket headers to improve my performance and sound. How much louder does it make your car? How much faster? What's a good company that's not too expensive? Are headers worth it? And lastly, can you install it yourself, and if you cant, how much does it cost for a shop?

Last edited by chuckie311; 12-26-2017 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Seems stillen has discontinued their headers????

not on the website and a lot of other vendors say discontinued...

ive has nothing but issues for the last year in relation to hard right turns with the stillen ceramic headers. Stillen headers are a joke, glad to see nobody else is going to get stuck with that crap. Should of just bought a quality header from a quality company. O well, win some loose some.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:15 PM
zer099
Premier Member

Ya, if the discontinued it its for the best. They were hit and miss. I am more than happy I didn't have issues. That said the merge collector internal welds were sloppy as F*. I spent a good couple hours on each header cleaning them up with a grinding and sanding bits to promote good flow.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:59 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Your #1 Infiniti Vendor!

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Get PPE headers. They're the best.. Contact us for pricing!

-Josh
Old 03-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Ryan V

Does anyone know If putting headers in is something I can do in my garage?
Old 03-07-2018, 03:31 PM
zer099
Premier Member

If by garage you mean fully stocked garage with a compliment of impacts, cutting and welding tools, and a lift or pit for ease of access; then yes. Sarcasm aside, if you are a competent wrencher, have a day and all the tools it could be done, but it is not an easy job, especially if you have any rust or the like on those bolts and nuts. The removal of the steering joint is enough to scare most away from this job.

If you just read any of this and even the littlest voice in the back of your head said "maybe I should pony up the $600ish dollars in labor to not have my car ripped apart in my garage for a week, blood on my hands, and feel slightly defeated" then just save the little more for labor, call around and find a shop that will do it for you. If you have a secondary car, feel up to the fun, and don't car if it takes longer than one day then go for it. I have read of at least two guys that claimed to have done it in like 4 hours, which is awesome, but read a ton more talking about the horror of seized nuts and tight situations.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:51 PM
Eric_p05

What headers did you install on your 37 bro?
Originally Posted by tlon19
yeah dude,the hearders the main reason i made that much power