Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Can Someone Post a D.I.Y. Oil Change for G37

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:25 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So Im guessing I should bring my car to infiniti. I thought it came on due to oil change, but it never went away. Should I try to reset my ecu first or just bring it into infiniti?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:56 PM
pkhoopes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I have an '09 Journey (non-sport) with the oem front chin spoiler (non-sport, of course) installed. Any recommendation on a good set of ramps that are low enough to accomodate the chin spoiler? Thanks.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
BOXER83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't know how to change oil I suggest that you don't try. Just a word of advise.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Rottten Appples

Originally Posted by Comatose
Just changed my oil this past weekend, and I thought I'd share a tip for anyone who will be venturing to do the same.

Basically it is not necessary to remove the entire belly pan. Only the 4 backmost bolts need to be removed, allowing the rear section to fold down exposing the oil filter and drain plug.. see pic below:

@COMATOSE thank you dude.. was looking for the damn oil plug... BTW is everyone else a 9th grade girl? Pick up your ball$ and learn to change your oil yourselves. Just my $.02
Old 01-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Rottten Appples

Originally Posted by Comatose
Oh wait, you forgot the rest:

Step 7
Find scratches on your car that you could've sworn weren't there before, swirl marks left from them washing your car, missing retainer clips that you could've sworn were there before, and an extra $5 charge for windshield washer fluid when yours was already full! ... only to realize by the end of the day, you were probably better off doing it all by yourself, and that phone # that the blonde left doesn't work
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA +++++1111111 ----> Comatose
Old 01-08-2010, 07:59 PM
g37mobbin

DIY: Nissan 370Z Oil change (AK370Z way) Pictures inside - Nissan 370Z Forum

found this...same concept as mention above plus it was helpful for me...
Old 01-08-2010, 10:13 PM
g37musings

Originally Posted by pkhoopes
Hi all,

I have an '09 Journey (non-sport) with the oem front chin spoiler (non-sport, of course) installed. Any recommendation on a good set of ramps that are low enough to accomodate the chin spoiler? Thanks.
Rhino ramps..........
Old 01-10-2010, 01:38 PM
pkhoopes

Originally Posted by g37musings
Rhino ramps..........
Thank you, I'll check them out.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Gobbler Man

A little hand holding

Okay. So I am getting ready to do the oil change myself and I wanted just a couple of clarification points. I know that oil changes are simple procedures, but since this is an expensive vehicle, I want to do it right. I looked at the suggested how to for the Nissan referred to earlier. So here goes.

1 - Do the Rhino Ramps work well with a G37XS 09?

2 - I have seen how tos say you need to drop the vehicle to get everything out, but in the Nissan how to, they leave it on the ramps. Can I drain the oil while still on the ramps (as shown in the how to)?

3 - There have been people that said you need between 5.25 and 5.333 quarts. How do you know when you put enough in?

Thanks for the help. Charlie.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Gobbler Man
Okay. So I am getting ready to do the oil change myself and I wanted just a couple of clarification points. I know that oil changes are simple procedures, but since this is an expensive vehicle, I want to do it right. I looked at the suggested how to for the Nissan referred to earlier. So here goes.

1 - Do the Rhino Ramps work well with a G37XS 09?

2 - I have seen how tos say you need to drop the vehicle to get everything out, but in the Nissan how to, they leave it on the ramps. Can I drain the oil while still on the ramps (as shown in the how to)?

3 - There have been people that said you need between 5.25 and 5.333 quarts. How do you know when you put enough in?

Thanks for the help. Charlie.
1. Unless you are significantly lowered, yes they work perfectly.

2. You can drain the oil out with it on the ramps to do an oil change. The slight incline actually helps as the drain plug is toward the rear of the pan.

3. Buy 6 quarts of oil. Drop the car back level on the ground before refilling. Put in 5 quarts and wait 5 minutes or so for it to drain down into the pan. Check the level on the dipstick and add more oil as needed. After it reads full on the dipstick, I usually start the car and let it idle a couple of minutes to completely circulate the oil through all parts of the engine. Shut it off and let it sit for 10 minutes and recheck. Add until it reaches the full mark and you are done.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Gobbler Man

Okay...sounds great. Looks like that is everything. Very helpful. Thanks. I am going to do my first 1K change myself.

Keep in mind, this will be my first ever DIY oil change. Anything that I should watch out for? Any gotchas that a Noob like me might make?

Thanks again. Charlie.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Gobbler Man

Another question regarding the Rhino Ramps. I have the Sport package. Will the wider wheels be fine on those?

Thanks again.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Anyone have an opinion on Zmax, I was thinking of buying the kit with my first oil change.
When they first came out I decided to splurge and put it in my delivery van GMC Safari v-6. I did this after I changed the oil at one of those Jiffy or Zippy Lube. I took a ride from Sarasota to Tampa and back 100 miles. The oil screw was not tighten properly after the change. I don't realize at what point it came loose but the van was bone dry back in Sarasota. The temp did not go up drastically I got the check light about 7 miles from the exit. Anyway I always put Zmax in with my oil change now. I don't use the fuel formula thou I don't know why.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Gobbler Man
Another question regarding the Rhino Ramps. I have the Sport package. Will the wider wheels be fine on those?

Thanks again.
I have 9.5"/10.5" and have no problems, stock wheels will be fine. I have these: Welcome to RhinoRamps®
Old 01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Foxtrot_01

just my $0.02, why belittle those who are asking advice for their first oil change, unless you were born with the knowledge of doing so, which I doubt, you had help your first time right? doesn't matter if it was when you were 10 years old or 50. People come to these forums to ask for advice not to be belittled by those who think they know it all. Spread the knowledge my friends.

"Knowledge is power. Information is power. The secreting or hoarding of knowledge or information may be an act of tyranny camouflaged as humility." - Robin Morgan
The following users liked this post:
watchmegrub (07-08-2016)

Quick Reply: Can Someone Post a D.I.Y. Oil Change for G37