ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

anyone used moncef @ admintuning?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 06:29 AM
mikep

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone used moncef @ admintuning?

Anyone used this guy or he just a ****ty youtube gimmick? Offers remote tuning services and claims to have the best intake and tune on the market. Only uses uprev.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoncefFaik
Old 08-31-2018, 07:33 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
He's legit.

The set-up is extremely pricey as you'll need bigger throttle bodies and a tune to run his intakes but they've been proven to provide the biggest HP/TQ gains compared to the competition. Question is, do you feel like paying $1,200+ for it...
Old 08-31-2018, 09:04 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 261 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by mikep
Anyone used this guy or he just a ****ty youtube gimmick? Offers remote tuning services and claims to have the best intake and tune on the market. Only uses uprev.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoncefFaik
I didn't go with Moncef for my tune, but looking back, I feel I should have. I have 3" intakes, simlar to the Admin Tuning ones. All 3" and larger intakes require tunes. I also have EPS throttles bodies. #' intakes work well with stock throttle bodies also. Limp Mode Tuning, Michael Upton (person I bought my kit from, Casey James, are a few people/company that make 3" intakes. word of advice, defintely go with Moncef if you plan to do EPS throttle bodies. It takes a really good tuner to get these to work right, and my current tuner does not know how to tune these throttle bodies.

Hope this helps.

Latez
Old 09-02-2018, 08:57 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Moncef is legit. Check out the forums at the370z.com.

Although a nice option, you don't have to upgrade your throttle bodies to go with his intakes. A tune is required regardless due to the diameter of the pipe.

I'll buy doing his e-tune and intakes probably next summer.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:03 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Don't 'need' to but what's the point of having 3' intakes if you're keeping the stock throttle bodies? They're going to act as a choke point. Even the Stillen Intakes and others like them are pushing it on the stock TBs
Old 09-03-2018, 03:51 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Well because they make great power and IMO the gains you get from the upgraded TB's did not justify the cost of them. A lot of it has to deal with the tune as well and other supporting mods but I'm not convinced on the TB's yet. One of the reasons is that my car is my DD and I can't afford any downtime with it.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:14 PM
jrb55gh
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Moncef is legit. Check out the forums at the370z.com.

Although a nice option, you don't have to upgrade your throttle bodies to go with his intakes. A tune is required regardless due to the diameter of the pipe.

I'll buy doing his e-tune and intakes probably next summer.

Here is what I have learned about intakes on my flowbench. The total pressure drop of a stock intake with stock filters is about 11" H2o. An R2C hi flow filter will reduce that drop about 1.2". A thinned throttle shaft in an otherwise stock throttle body will reduce the pressure loss by about 0.75". Complete removal of MAF sensor reduced the pressure drop only about 1". Any other significant gains in the pressure loss must be made in the intake ducting.

The 3" intake tubes do reduce the pressure loss of the intake air compared to smaller diameter intake tubes. Also keeping the cross sectional area constant reduces pressure loss. This suggests that keeping the hose through the radiator mount as close to round as possible is advisable. Less pressure loss usually means more power.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:04 AM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by jrb55gh
Here is what I have learned about intakes on my flowbench. The total pressure drop of a stock intake with stock filters is about 11" H2o. An R2C hi flow filter will reduce that drop about 1.2". A thinned throttle shaft in an otherwise stock throttle body will reduce the pressure loss by about 0.75". Complete removal of MAF sensor reduced the pressure drop only about 1". Any other significant gains in the pressure loss must be made in the intake ducting.

The 3" intake tubes do reduce the pressure loss of the intake air compared to smaller diameter intake tubes. Also keeping the cross sectional area constant reduces pressure loss. This suggests that keeping the hose through the radiator mount as close to round as possible is advisable. Less pressure loss usually means more power.
As an ecutek tuner, I have seen (repeatedly) cars with intakes that have crushed couplers through the front bumper area actually register less airflow than before the customer installed the intake swap, so there is certainly some truth about the quoted statement.
The following users liked this post:
jrb55gh (09-10-2018)