ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Is it worth having my car re-tuned?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 10:05 PM
el_donks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Is it worth having my car re-tuned?

As of this moment, the ol' AWD sedan is tuned for 2.5" HFC going to a 2.5" Y-Pipe to stock mid-pipe and back. The car runs smoothly and all but I recently splurged on a 2.5" Fast Intentions CBE to match up with the converters. Not only will there be a difference in diameter but piping configuration as well (Y to X pathing), which leads me to the question...

Would it be worthwhile to have the car tuned again after changing to this set-up? Part of me thinks there won't be any noticeable gains, being that far down from the engine, but a separate part thinks the escape velocity won't be a great match for the exhaust anymore ie; funky throttle response and things of that sort.

What is everyone's $0.02 on this? I'm newbish to the world of tuning and beyond this, don't plan on doing any further power mods. Just trying to make sure I approach this new shiny toy in the correct manner when it arrives
Old 04-13-2018, 02:22 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
The best way to answer this question is with some additional questions. What is the car tuned on now ? (Uprev or ecutek)? There are a lot of variables to how a car can be tuned and even more so when different software plaforms are being used. The best way to know if a retune is necessary in a marginal case like this is to check logs before and after.

I would suspect that with no FI and just an exhaust swap, no retuning should be necessary.