ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Will a Fuel Mixture reset interfere with my UpRev tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 09:03 AM
el_donks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Will a Fuel Mixture reset interfere with my UpRev tune?

Greetings,

I recently encountered a trouble code (P2A00 if memory serves correctly) where Bank 1 Sensor 1 is out of Performance Range. After a tune and replacing that sensor, the code has returned. Many sources say that this procedure should be performed:

2003-2012 Infiniti G Sedan Clear Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control Data | Infinitihelp.com

Does anyone foresee this erasing the A/F target set by my tuner? I want to assume that the target set is now what the computer sees as "stock" and doing this procedure will only take away what the car has tried to adjust. Could someone please confirm or deny this? 2007 G35x with UpRev. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2016, 10:59 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 270 Posts
There wont't be any issue. When you clear the "Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control Data" you are simply resetting your fuel trims (long term and short term)

The target AFR can only be changed by re-flashing the ECU.

Do you have stock cats?
Old 05-15-2016, 11:46 AM
el_donks

Originally Posted by SonicVQ
There wont't be any issue. When you clear the "Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control Data" you are simply resetting your fuel trims (long term and short term)

The target AFR can only be changed by re-flashing the ECU.

Do you have stock cats?
No, I currently have Berk HFC's. The company is insisting that their cats have nothing to do with throwing a code on the upstream sensor. I really don't know whether to believe that or not, considering how many people online have encountered the same code (P2A00) after doing converter changes (not just high flows).

I'm just trying to troubleshoot around them at this point. I had a co-worker/technician do the install and he is saying that they're on there/sealed properly and we would hear if it were an exhaust leak or bad weld (I have my doubts that he visually inspected anything though). I recently discovered that he's the type of tech who goes strictly by the service manual (parts replacer) instead of inspecting anything that might actually cause the issue... In other words, I've given up on his assistance.

I'm probably going full diy from here on. Just today, I bought the Torque Pro app and plan on getting some logs from the sensors. While poking my head under the hood earlier, I did happen to see this:

Sorry for the pic orientation. Anyways, it looks like there is a ground terminal on the manifold shield without a wire attached to it. Any idea if there should be something connected to that?
Old 05-15-2016, 02:09 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 270 Posts
Post your AFR and fuel trims for both banks. At idle and cruising the AFR should be mid 14s and fuel trims between -5 to +5.

Is the post cat O2 sensor mounted directly to the exhaust or in a J tube?
Also, use the app and post the code, our cars don't have a P2A00 code.

Sure seems like the "high flow" cats are troublesome. Not just from your post, but many others.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:56 PM
el_donks

I'll try to create a log the next time it's on the road. The post-cat is in a j tube, off of the converter, but this particular code is thrown from the pre-cat...

I went ahead with the reset procedure and it straightened out some idle smoothness. Drove it after and it seemed to breath a bit better... We'll see if that light comes back.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:32 AM
Rybitron
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
When I had my HFCs installed 1 of the upstream 02 sensors went bad due to my mechanic using air tools to get the bolts off. It killed my 02 sensor. Not sure if this is what you are experiencing or not.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:33 AM
el_donks

I considered that as an option until we replaced the sensor, the code still came back after though.