ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

ART + e370 + Gen3 Dyno (Video attached)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:23 PM
G Nepal

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken
If possible, try putting back on your stock 19" wheels to see if there is a difference in feel and dyno results. It could just be your Vossen wheels being heavy.
Wish I had 19s but I don't Vossens are the only wheels I have. No spare.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:37 PM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Paying this much for an exhaust and they have users use "washers and spacers" because it does not fit how it's suppose to fit?

He might help as far as replacing the revised part..but it still doesn't fix the fact that this exhaust literally melted your bumper. Hope you get fixed up to where you're happy / not having to spend more money.
LMAO ok guy, the E370 comes with two different size of tips a 4.5" or 5" so wouldn't one think the E370 is designed from Motordyne to accommodate the 4.5" tips and not the 5" ...right?

If the E370 was made for the 5" tip off the bat then for the ppl who chooses purely to use the 4.5" tip will have too much of a gap from the bumper; that will look dumb and dumber if you won't be able to adjust them to shorten gap since its "permanently" seated at that height. Therefore you would think the right way is to designed it where you need to add spacers to accommodate the 5" tips to your desire. Hope that helps clears some things up

Also Nepal, you said you did your homework and so knew what you were getting into correct? So why are you trying to d*ck over honest working ppl for a IPL rear when tbh they're not at fault but the installers error? Whoever installed it (not enough washers used to clear) you should take that up with them instead.

Last edited by huwee06; 09-16-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:20 PM
G Nepal

Originally Posted by huwee06
LMAO ok guy, the E370 comes with two different size of tips a 4.5" or 5" so wouldn't one think the E370 is designed from Motordyne to accommodate the 4.5" tips and not the 5" ...right?

If the E370 was made for the 5" tip off the bat then for the ppl who chooses purely to use the 4.5" tip will have too much of a gap from the bumper; that will look dumb and dumber if you won't be able to adjust them to shorten gap since its "permanently" seated at that height. Therefore you would think the right way is to designed it where you need to add spacers to accommodate the 5" tips to your desire. Hope that helps clears some things up
Personally, I think motordyne should have made permanent tips, one with 5" and one with 4.5" and let people choose what they want. Obviously tweak the fitment according to the tip size. The screw on tips do leave marks on the exhaust and look tacky[IMHO]

Also Nepal, you said you did your homework and so knew what you were getting into so why are you trying to d*ck over honest working ppl for a IPL rear when they're not at fault but the installers error? Whoever installed it (not enough washers used to clear) you should take that up with them instead.
First, let me clear some air here...That IPL bumper was a JOKE! I would never con people like that. I have spoke to Tony multiple times, he is very knowledgeable and helpful. Like you said earlier, [MAYBE] IIRC or whoever the manufacturer is, f"ked up the design. As far as install goes, all of the spacers were used. It was hard to fit it right at first but after an hour of wiggling it sat right. Unfortunately, the rubber piece was stretched out too far and it moved, thus the burn. It's purely a design flaw. I'd agree with you if it was just me running through this problem but one of the other guys (we bought the exhaust together, same batch) is having the same exact issues and he used a different installer. Does that make sense? Burnt his bumper too . Just to make sure I didn't use my regular installer and went with Jotech. They have a lot of experience and paid top dollar for it. Went back Saturday to fix it.. he tried, trust me he did, but no results.. Now I have a 5" left and 4.5" left tip LOL.
Again, I really appreciate your help. Please understand I am not trying to give motordyne a bad name, just trying to share my feelings. I hope that's not too wrong of me to do!? i love the exhaust, (SPECIALLY NOW) after it toned down and has the perfect harmony I was looking for. Took 500 miles to get there but I am happy it's there. Tony has a great customer service, replies to emails and answers calls. I am very confident that he'll think of a way to fix it..
Old 09-16-2013, 03:22 PM
huwee06

Originally Posted by G Nepal
Personally, I think motordyne should have made permanent tips, one with 5" and one with 4.5" and let people choose what they want. Obviously tweak the fitment according to the tip size. The screw on tips do leave marks on the exhaust and look tacky[IMHO]

First, let me clear some air here...That IPL bumper was a JOKE! I would never con people like that. I have spoke to Tony multiple times, he is very knowledgeable and helpful. Like you said earlier, [MAYBE] IIRC or whoever the manufacturer is, f"ked up the design. As far as install goes, all of the spacers were used. It was hard to fit it right at first but after an hour of wiggling it sat right. Unfortunately, the rubber piece was stretched out too far and it moved, thus the burn. It's purely a design flaw. I'd agree with you if it was just me running through this problem but one of the other guys (we bought the exhaust together, same batch) is having the same exact issues and he used a different installer. Does that make sense? Burnt his bumper too . Just to make sure I didn't use my regular installer and went with Jotech. They have a lot of experience and paid top dollar for it. Went back Saturday to fix it.. he tried, trust me he did, but no results.. Now I have a 5" left and 4.5" left tip LOL.
Again, I really appreciate your help. Please understand I am not trying to give motordyne a bad name, just trying to share my feelings. I hope that's not too wrong of me to do!? i love the exhaust, (SPECIALLY NOW) after it toned down and has the perfect harmony I was looking for. Took 500 miles to get there but I am happy it's there. Tony has a great customer service, replies to emails and answers calls. I am very confident that he'll think of a way to fix it..
You have every right to express your feelings Nepal I'm just want to make sure others don't get the wrong idea about Motordyne since many others like I have had great experience with them in the past. You maybe right and gotten a bad "batch" and it's frustrating I've been there with the ypipe problem they had in past.

Why didn't you go local hardware store and pick up some extra washers to fix the problem They don't cost nothing more than $2 to save that bumper any further distress. Good to hear you're enjoying the sound at least lol
Old 09-16-2013, 03:44 PM
G Nepal

You have every right to express your feelings Nepal I'm just want to make sure others don't get the wrong idea about Motordyne since many others like I have had great experience with them in the past. You maybe right and gotten a bad "batch" and it's frustrating I've been there with the ypipe problem they had in past.

Why didn't you go local hardware store and pick up some extra washers to fix the problem They don't cost nothing more than $2 to save that bumper any further distress. Good to hear you're enjoying the sound at least lol
If only I had known the bracket would move, I wud've put extra spacers. Infact just spoke to Tony like 15 mins ago, he gave me few ideas, lets see if I can fix it.. i'll have my fingers crossed. He is also sending me extra washers with longer bolts..
Old 10-12-2013, 10:41 PM
ttime454
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been gone a while.. my bad for late post.. but fitment is perfeft now had to roll out the mid pipes a little and it buttoned up the tips perfectly.. love the sound.. definitely love burning *** on the streets ha
Old 10-12-2013, 10:58 PM
G Nepal

Originally Posted by ttime454
Been gone a while.. my bad for late post.. but fitment is perfeft now had to roll out the mid pipes a little and it buttoned up the tips perfectly.. love the sound.. definitely love burning *** on the streets ha
I'm glad u like it and everything worked out well for u. Time to post some bada$$ videos now.. lol.
All I had to do to make mine fit was take out one of the spacers on the passenger side braket and it fit perfectly. To my despair tho... my resonator cracked. Had them welded 2 days ago. Hopefully that holds. I'm getting coils put on Thursday and going a bit lower.. Jesus help me.. ima have to come up with something to pull the resonator higher .. if not I'm f'cked! Wish me luck!
Will update some pics and hopefully some vidoes soon.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:23 AM
The_finest_G
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sounds like a beast
Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 AM
huwee06

How are you guys cracking the mid x-canister? Must be not driving with caution lol well mine is scrapped up and dinged by road debris its holding up just fine.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:10 AM
roxmysox99

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
**** bro. Just saw this post. I dislike the bad news but love the good news. Hope it all works out for you. Hit me up if you need any help or an extra spare hand.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:03 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
The E 370 is the most overpriced exhaust u can buy . First problem is the horrible fitment issues . Mine had the Y Pipe issue that Tony took forever the address and peeps was still having issues after it was revised . It hangs way to low . I mean low . If u r lowered do not by this exhaust . U also lose HP and TQ . My $820.00 Invidia Gemini mad more HP and TQ than this thing . Sounds great though . I also lost TQ with my ART Pipes . These will b up for sale soon if peeps are interested . I also could never get my tips to align perfect either . My buddy with a IPL used the 4.5 tips and it did not rub as bad ..

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-19-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:16 AM
G Nepal

Originally Posted by The_finest_G
sounds like a beast
Thank you Sir!

How are you guys cracking the mid x-canister? Must be not driving with caution lol well mine is scrapped up and dinged by road debris its holding up just fine.
I think it's the newer version/batch MD made. I've heard of at least 6 people with the same problem. You got lucky with a better batch.

Originally Posted by roxmysox99
**** bro. Just saw this post. I dislike the bad news but love the good news. Hope it all works out for you. Hit me up if you need any help or an extra spare hand.
Thanks Maleed.

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
The E 370 is the most overpriced exhaust u can buy . First problem is the horrible fitment issues . Mine had the Y Pipe issue that Tony took forever the address and peeps was still having issues after it was revised . It hangs way to low . I mean low . If u r lowered do not by this exhaust . U also lose HP and TQ . My 820 Invidia Gemini mad more HP and TQ than this thing . Sounds gtreat though . I also lost TQ with my ART Pipes . These will b up for sale soon if peeps are interested . I also could never get my tips to align perfect either . My buddy with a IPL used the 4.5 tips and it did not rub as bad ..
I half agree with you there NBS.
** Overpriced? - Not really.
** Fitment Issues- YES! we shouldn't have to go through spacers and all that just to make it fit.
** Y pipe/Resonator issues- YES!
** Lose HP $ TQ - YES and NO. Didn't make any but didn't lose any either.
** Hangs way too low - YES YES YES!! I am not even slammed and I scrape just about everywhere.. It's not my driving, TRUST ME! Talked to Tony and he told me to adjust the mid pipe for clearance but no Luck.!

I might sell the system soon as well.. I like it but don't think it's worth scraping everywhere and I am going lower on KW V3 this week. May be FI CBE + FI RHFC. Keep an eye out..
Old 10-15-2013, 02:48 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by G Nepal
Thank you Sir!

I think it's the newer version/batch MD made. I've heard of at least 6 people with the same problem. You got lucky with a better batch.

Thanks Maleed.

I half agree with you there NBS.
** Overpriced? - Not really.
** Fitment Issues- YES! we shouldn't have to go through spacers and all that just to make it fit.
** Y pipe/Resonator issues- YES!
** Lose HP $ TQ - YES and NO. Didn't make any but didn't lose any either.
** Hangs way too low - YES YES YES!! I am not even slammed and I scrape just about everywhere.. It's not my driving, TRUST ME! Talked to Tony and he told me to adjust the mid pipe for clearance but no Luck.!

I might sell the system soon as well.. I like it but don't think it's worth scraping everywhere and I am going lower on KW V3 this week. May be FI CBE + FI RHFC. Keep an eye out..
This exhaust was the biggest disappoint I have ever had . My problem is that the expectations was high . I really wanted to like it but fell out of love very fast . Every exhaust has pros and cons . You will not be disappointed with a FI exhaust . Fits perfect and sound is very nice . When I switched from Motordyne back to FI I did a dyno between the two and let's just say I got back my HP and TQ and am a very happy person now ... The exhaust does hang low and there is no amount of rotating or adjusting to fix it . Hope u get something that you are happy with ..
The following users liked this post:
G Nepal (10-15-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 07:24 PM
freshgeardude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm dropped on eibachs and I don't scrape anywhere. You all say it's not your driving, but maybe it is. Drive slow af on bumps and be conscientious of where you are. And you shouldn't. My art pipes scraped once cause a friend drove over a bump too fast. I do also live in Florida where the roads are really good tho
Old 10-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Fman007
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
NBS...when you selling those ARTs?

Quick Reply: ART + e370 + Gen3 Dyno (Video attached)