ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

ART + e370 + Gen3 Dyno (Video attached)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:31 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by G Nepal
Why is it so hard to get gains on our cars considering the price we pay for the parts.. I guess we are just trying to fix something that's not broken..
the 3.7 is already pretty much maxed out from the factory.

Keep you exhaust for at least couple of months. If its still too loud for you then you can decide later on. It will eventually tone down a bit but not quiet.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 AM
G Nepal

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by WARAT
the 3.7 is already pretty much maxed out from the factory.

Keep you exhaust for at least couple of months. If its still too loud for you then you can decide later on. It will eventually tone down a bit but not quiet.
Seems like that'd be the right thing to do... thanks.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 PM
G Nepal

Quick update:

The exhaust is toning down .. but I am scraping a lot (I'm lowered on Tein H springs.. not even that low..) Not sure if it's b/c of scraping or if it's an installation issue, one of the hangers came loose and burnt my bumper . I had to take the 5" tip and put the 4.5 as temporary fix. Can anyone post a picture of their exhaust? The cans look different than what's listed online. Just trying to make sure that I got what I paid for.
I also have uploaded a picture of what I got. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:03 PM
ttime454
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats up man.. got my exhaust this week popped it on and same thing.. burnt a little piece of the bumper.. just not made for a giant *** tip lol.. sounds amazing though ill tske a burn for that.. also what do you mean to see what you paod for? You feel as if they ripped you off?
Old 09-15-2013, 12:17 PM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Quick update:

The exhaust is toning down .. but I am scraping a lot (I'm lowered on Tein H springs.. not even that low..) Not sure if it's b/c of scraping or if it's an installation issue, one of the hangers came loose and burnt my bumper . I had to take the 5" tip and put the 4.5 as temporary fix. Can anyone post a picture of their exhaust? The cans look different than what's listed online. Just trying to make sure that I got what I paid for.
I also have uploaded a picture of what I got. Thanks!
Tony had changed that part on the helmholtz to flat caps vs rounded caps from the previous E370. He has also made it clear it doesn't change anything via sound/performance aspect of the mufflers. Reason IIRC was new vendor or something that he's working with now.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:36 PM
G Nepal

The destruction:

Name:  20130914_142707_zpse737ca60.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  72.4 KB
Name:  20130914_141132_zpsf6d7cadd.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  83.0 KB

Originally Posted by huwee06
Tony had changed that part on the helmholtz to flat caps vs rounded caps from the previous E370. He has also made it clear it doesn't change anything via sound/performance aspect of the mufflers. Reason IIRC was new vendor or something that he's working with now.
I hope Tony gets a fix soon...
Old 09-15-2013, 07:44 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Damn that's pretty bad. I'd be so upset. How did the hanger break?
Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 PM
G Nepal

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Damn that's pretty bad. I'd be so upset. How did the hanger break?
I AM pretty upset. Its because how exhaust is made... fitment issues. It suxx big time!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:08 PM
huwee06

I hope Tony gets a fix soon...
Lol there's nothing to fix, it's just new end caps he's using.

I AM pretty upset. Its because how exhaust is made... fitment issues. It suxx big time!
iirc per instructions if you use the 5" tips you must add supplied washers/spacers to the hangers to clear bumper.You really need to do some homework before putting Motordyne on blast ha well hope get it right next time around.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:42 PM
G Nepal

Lol there's nothing to fix, it's just new end caps he's using.
it not the end caps I'm worried about. The fitment is the issue.

iirc per instructions if you use the 5" tips you must add supplied washers/spacers to the hangers to clear bumper.You really need to do some homework before putting Motordyne on blast ha well hope get it right next time around.
I did use the washers. The left side sits perfectly.. the right side is not working out.
Trust me I did do a lot of research before I pulled the trigger.. I saw your posts ..neverbonestock's.. and all. Neverbonestock did warn me and he is right... I'm sure Tony will work something out.. waiting..that's all.
The following users liked this post:
huwee06 (09-15-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 10:36 PM
huwee06

it not the end caps I'm worried about. The fitment is the issue.

I did use the washers. The left side sits perfectly.. the right side is not working out.
Trust me I did do a lot of research before I pulled the trigger.. I saw your posts ..neverbonestock's.. and all. Neverbonestock did warn me and he is right... I'm sure Tony will work something out.. waiting..that's all.
Gotcha, yeah if you have any further fitment issues or whatever Tony or Mariella will assist you no doubt from my past experience. Does seem like you need extra washers from the looks of it. Most fitment problem I've known was about the ypipe which Tony revised it while ago so other then that lol GL
Old 09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Paying this much for an exhaust and they have users use "washers and spacers" because it does not fit how it's suppose to fit?

He might help as far as replacing the revised part..but it still doesn't fix the fact that this exhaust literally melted your bumper. Hope you get fixed up to where you're happy / not having to spend more money.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:32 AM
G Nepal

Gotcha, yeah if you have any further fitment issues or whatever Tony or Mariella will assist you no doubt from my past experience. Does seem like you need extra washers from the looks of it. Most fitment problem I've known was about the ypipe which Tony revised it while ago so other then that lol GL
I hope adding extra washers wud do the trick. Thanks for ur help tho.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:38 AM
G Nepal

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Paying this much for an exhaust and they have users use "washers and spacers" because it does not fit how it's suppose to fit?

He might help as far as replacing the revised part..but it still doesn't fix the fact that this exhaust literally melted your bumper. Hope you get fixed up to where you're happy / not having to spend more money.
I know. To be honest with u.. I love the car but luck hasn't been with me on this one. Went back to jotech yesterday... the guy tuned and dynoed it again.. but the numbers are still messed up.. its not the hp I'm worried abt but the car feels very heavy..like I'm towing something heavy.. its not smooth.. we suspect its the fuel pump or the filter. Jotech ordered a fuel gauge to check the fuel system. Will go back in couple of weeks.
I should get motordyne to buy me a IPL bumper huh? LOL. Wish me luck! Will keep u posted tho. Btw did u ever get rid of ur stillen exhaust?
Old 09-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Ken
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If possible, try putting back on your stock 19" wheels to see if there is a difference in feel and dyno results. It could just be your Vossen wheels being heavy.

Quick Reply: ART + e370 + Gen3 Dyno (Video attached)