D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: JDM NISSAN Skyline V36 Exterior Emblem Swap for 2010-2013 Sedans

Old 02-17-2018, 10:30 AM
VQ37VHR AG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to revive an old thread but I completed complete exterior badging now just missing kickplates
Old 02-17-2018, 06:19 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 696 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by VQ37VHR AG

Sorry to revive an old thread but I completed complete exterior badging now just missing kickplates
Car looks great! Which Nissan center caps did you use for the wheels? Did you do anything for the grille, steering wheel, or seats?
Old 02-17-2018, 06:31 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Clean

Originally Posted by VQ37VHR AG

clean Nissan ftw
Old 02-17-2018, 06:49 PM
AdamBritt
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
@4DRZ Those look like the Juke colored wheel caps. I got the same ones.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:01 PM
AdamBritt
Registered Member

So I've been wanting to post an update in here for a little while. I don't have a sedan but thanks to G37_4DR this thread was close to the top of Google results looking to get the correct badges; it was very easy with all the information he provided.

First a couple pics:
JDM NISSAN Skyline V36 Exterior Emblem Swap for 2010-2013 Sedans-0aaa6f6.jpg

JDM NISSAN Skyline V36 Exterior Emblem Swap for 2010-2013 Sedans-4brcaum.jpg

JDM NISSAN Skyline V36 Exterior Emblem Swap for 2010-2013 Sedans-ri2nnpp.jpg

My exterior is almost completely done. I need to figure out if I want to drain my brake lines or try to clamp them so I can get the calipers powder coated. I don't have a close up of the wheels, but I got the Juke center caps in black and they fit perfectly. I think all the Nissan center caps fit all the different wheels.

Sorry this one is kind of crappy, but my wife got the Skyline kick plates for me, so my interior is getting there.
JDM NISSAN Skyline V36 Exterior Emblem Swap for 2010-2013 Sedans-qsariwx.jpg

I also got extremely lucky and JDM Parts Ninja found an airbag cover for me. So hit them up if you're looking for one, they might be able to find more.
JDM NISSAN Skyline V36 Exterior Emblem Swap for 2010-2013 Sedans-e0t8tmv.jpg

The last things I'm looking at doing are the carpets, seats, clock, and nav. Has anyone tried calling a dealership to see if they can change the splash screen on startup from Infiniti to Nissan? I only have a Nissan dealership nearby and I'm not sure how much they could do with the nav. I'm not going to bother with the closest Infiniti dealership since they basically laughed at me for trying to buy a 6MT coupe from them and ignored my follow-up calls to check their inventory.
The following 2 users liked this post by AdamBritt:
4DRZ (02-19-2018), Bommerang (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 02:16 PM
VQ37VHR AG

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Car looks great! Which Nissan center caps did you use for the wheels? Did you do anything for the grille, steering wheel, or seats?
I ordered the black center caps online for about 7 or 8 dollars. And so far nothing has been done to interior but I’m locking into seats and floor mats for now and thank you btw my friend
Old 02-18-2018, 02:18 PM
VQ37VHR AG

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
clean Nissan ftw
Thank you greatly my friend
Old 02-19-2018, 12:36 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AdamBritt

I also got extremely lucky and JDM Parts Ninja found an airbag cover for me. So hit them up if you're looking for one, they might be able to find more.

The last things I'm looking at doing are the carpets, seats, clock, and nav. Has anyone tried calling a dealership to see if they can change the splash screen on startup from Infiniti to Nissan? I only have a Nissan dealership nearby and I'm not sure how much they could do with the nav. I'm not going to bother with the closest Infiniti dealership since they basically laughed at me for trying to buy a 6MT coupe from them and ignored my follow-up calls to check their inventory.
Nice find on the steering wheel cover and thanks for the link! I have been looking on and off for that part for a while, but I am torn as I think I like the Infiniti fuji more than the Nissan hamburger emblem. I do plan to get the skyline kick plates at some time since my driver's side is peeling up a bit. Do they make skyline floormats or do they just say 370GT?
Old 02-19-2018, 07:12 PM
AdamBritt
Registered Member

I haven't been able to find any floor mats for LHD cars. I asked JDM Yamato when I was getting the badges and emblems about the mats and the only ones they could find were the premium ones with the metal plate; I believe they do say Skyline but they're not cut in a way that we could use them. I was thinking about trying 370Z mats to see if they fit the same but don't want to take the chance since it'd be a waste if they don't.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

You could make the Z mats work ok as the fit is close, but definitely not perfect. Only one of the holes will match up per side at best. Not sure why you would want Z mats though. We had a Z at work so I took the mats out to see how they would fit in my G sedan.

Here you can see where the mat is too wide on the left side.

Only one of the holes will line up since the clip on the right is much wider in our cars.

There is only one clip in our cars on the passenger side, but two holes in the Z mat. The Z mat is also a lot wider at the bottom than our mat, but it looks ok covering up the hump by the center tunnel that our mat is cut around.

The rest of the passenger mat fits pretty well.

The following users liked this post:
AdamBritt (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 09:59 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Thanks for the info. That's alot closer than I expected. I bought Nissan logo for race jacket and ironed them onto my mats covering the Fuji. I'l try to find pics. Currently working on premium mat project
Old 02-20-2018, 10:01 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Thanks for the info. That's alot closer than I expected. I bought Nissan logo for race jacket and ironed them onto my mats covering the Fuji. I'l try to find pics. Currently working on premium mat project
Oh, that's a good idea. I'm curious to see how it turns out.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:58 PM
AdamBritt
Registered Member

I was going to order the Nismo mats since I have an IPL, or look for ones that might say Nissan and not just the Z logo.

Definitely post pics of yours PNW_IPL, that's a pretty good idea.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AdamBritt
I was going to order the Nismo mats since I have an IPL, or look for ones that might say Nissan and not just the Z logo.

Definitely post pics of yours PNW_IPL, that's a pretty good idea.
The Nismo mats for the Z? I wonder if those would fit even better in a coupe. Definitely not a direct fit for a sedan.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:33 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I have been debating switching the badges on my car over to the "Nissan," "Skyline" and "370GT" emblems for quite some time now. Recently it has been getting a lot more thought because I am planning to make a new grille.

I contacted JDM parts Ninja to see if they could find a "Nissan" airbag cover for my steering wheel since that seems to be the most difficult part to find. They can, but it is $170 without an airbag?!? They also quoted me pricing on used "Skyline" illuminated kick plates that were almost as much as brand new and quite a bit more $$$ for all the badges compared to everywhere else.

Honestly, I like the clean design of the "Infiniti" fuji better than the "Nissan" hamburger symbol and I think my car remains more of a sleeper if it does not say "Skyline" on it. Personally I think it raises the expectation of the car if it says "Skyline" and I would feel a bit strange telling people I have a Skyline when they immediately picture an R34. By the time I get 370GT floormats along with everything else I am looking at around $700 for parts that don't change how the car drives at all.

However, I do think I will eventually get "Skyline" illuminated kick plates because my driver's side kick plate is lifting up and I also think it would be cool to see when you get in so people realize this is no ordinary G37S sedan.

If I ever do change my mind and decide to go with "Nissan" and "Skyline" badges I would probably need to change my license plate. I would go with my 2nd original idea of 4DSC, which I know Rochester would love.

Search this Thread