D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Infiniti G37 Bumper Plugs Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 09:32 PM
pahanorlando
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Infiniti G37 Bumper Plugs Installation

BumperPlugs.com offers custom made bumper plugs for virtually every car. When you order, you simply pick a car brand and then color code.

If your holes are too small for the plugs, you'll have to drill them with 1/4 drill bit and move drill around a little to make hole wider. For perfect measurements, you have to have the holes 9/32 wide.

Before inserting the plugs, make sure the bumper surface is flat and there are no fragments or paint or bumper plastic on top of the bumper. If there are any fragments, your plug will not sit flat on the bumper.

Insert the plugs with your thumb in the center of the plug.

And that's it. Overall a very easy installation.

Only bad thing about this product is the price. Total with shipping comes to about $34. If you decided to do everything yourself, you can find a plastic plug at local hardware store, find a primer, and paint and do everything yourself. That option should cost you about $20.

My opinion, if you need a vehicle paint and primer for some other projects, you can make plugs yourself. If all you need is the bumper plugs, it's probably a better option to just order them directly from bumperplugs.com.

Speaking of time, it took me couple minutes to install bumper plugs. If you will make plugs yourself, expect to work on them for much longer period of time.

It does cost a lot. I thought that every order you place is custom made, but manufacturer told me that they have thousands of plugs made in colors in stock. I was told that it takes 11 days to make these plugs and that it involves 19 different stages. I was told that there are different layers that make these plugs very reliable and sturdy, but how exactly they made is a trade secret.

I did not do any crash test or any other way to test durability, but the plugs do appear to be very well made.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Full review with more pics

Last edited by pahanorlando; 08-17-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:44 PM
GariepyVQ
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What's the benefit of this? Just covering up the license plate holes?
Old 10-31-2016, 11:24 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by GariepyVQ
What's the benefit of this? Just covering up the license plate holes?
Yes, can also be done with clips from an auto parts store and some touch up paint.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:04 PM
770choice_37x

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Epiphany. Saw your post, ordered, and installed. The price was worth it to me for simplicity's sake, and the color was near-perfect.