Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Need your suggestion on clay/polish/wax

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
dagenius01

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Need your suggestion on clay/polish/wax

Hey guys, So it seems that the previous owner of my car didn't take care of the pain very well, so i am trying to correct his doing. So based on my reading it seems like the process to follow would be
Wash-->clay-->wash-->compound-->wash-->polish-->wax. well i don't have a good buffing tool to worry about compunding nor do i trust myself with that so i will eventually get it done professionally in the mean time i wanted to clay, polish and wax the car. It seems that there are lot of different product available but i wanted to get an idea from those of you who do this all the time on whats best. I am trying to remove break dust, and what seems to be primer overspray on my car. i know DI sells some of their own clay bar and blackfire seems like another option, can you suggest which one is better or if there is something else that is even better. My goal is to go over with fine grade and then maybe even do an ultra fine clay. Also for lube I read that ONR seems to be a product of chioce. finally any suggestion on poilsh and wax? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Milan