Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

streaks after wax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:22 PM
1trueG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use a different spray wax or wax as suggested by others. I usually follow up with a light mist from a spray bottle filled with water if there is any oils or streaks left over.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going to take a second try at this. i was watching one of meguiars videos on youtube on the spray wax and they said it is fine to apply it in the sun, but do you think that might be what caused it? i dont understand why you cant apply wax in the sun.. and you guys said waffle-weave mf cloths pick up water really well? i have a mf towel i got from the mother's claybar kit and it doesnt do a great job after the car has been washed, its more for just mists from the detailer solution. i also have a few really soft towels i bought from autozone, they say mf but it doesnt feel like it.. they are horrible for picking up water and just get soggy. i use them to clean my wheels and thats about it. so, what are some good towels to clean the car? i have $200 at this moment to spend on the car and i dont want to spend all of it on detailing products, but if i have to i will. im trying to keep this car looking nice and new and after seeing pics of your cars looking spotless i really want to get that look too so if anyone has time and could come up with a basic list of things i would need that would be great, and really appreciated. im thinking about using giving all my products ive bought from like walmart and autozone to my parents and starting my own collection of quality products. i would need towels, car wash solution, wax, polish, etc... starting from scratch
Old 07-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Here you go.

Should be everything you need minus the 2 buckets for washing.

Pro Kits Esoteric Wash and Maintenance | Detailed Image

Read this too:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...ng-and-Drying/