Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What is everyone beef with turtle wax?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Steveo47
my G is gonna be black, im picking her up this friday.
Nice, BO is a great colour! If you picked up Menzerna FMJ and Poorboys Nattys blue, it would look great on your G. FMJ will give paint protection for about 4-6 months (not to mention it is incredibly easy to use), and Nattys blue will give you that added depth and gloss and is formulated for darker colours. I use this combination on a lot of customer vehicles!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Nice, BO is a great colour! If you picked up Menzerna FMJ and Poorboys Nattys blue, it would look great on your G. FMJ will give paint protection for about 4-6 months (not to mention it is incredibly easy to use), and Nattys blue will give you that added depth and gloss and is formulated for darker colours. I use this combination on a lot of customer vehicles!
I have used that combo on my BO and it looks excellent and not very expensive. It's time for a full detail again because there's a show coming up the first of April. After polishing, I think I will use the Jetseal + Pete's '53 from CG this time. It looks great too.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ Jeremy, let me know what your thoughts are on Jetseal......I've yet to use that but have been wanting to add it to my detailing inventory.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 PM
gthal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
I may be the only one here that will defend Turtle Wax, but I've been using Turtle Wax for many years and IMO it's amazing. I love it and my G looks drop dead gorgeous after waxing with TW. I also use the F21 vinyl protector for the interior vinyl.
I have used many products over the years and IMO they all "look" very similar. I have used TW and it looks good on darker cars. But, for me, the bigger concern is protection and durability and that is where the chain store brands fall short. TW just doesn't last in my experience. If you want something that looks good and protects for a while, TW and the like just don't do it. If you don't mind reapplying every 2 to 3 weeks, then I'm sure TW would be OK.

I would go with a good sealant (Zaino, Gloss-it, Jeffs Werkstat, Optimum, etc) for durability and top with a wax if you like that look (P21s is my favourite because it is SO easy to use).
Old 03-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
^ Jeremy, let me know what your thoughts are on Jetseal......I've yet to use that but have been wanting to add it to my detailing inventory.
I've had it for months and never used it yet. I have several other sealants that I love so much (FMJ, Wet Diamond) that I'm almost reluctant to try it out even though it has amazing reviews. How bout you PM me your address and I'll send you a sample bottle and you can tell me about it? You'll probably get he chance to use it before I will.

I decided to go with the wet ice over fire combo again (Blackfire Wet Diamond + Midnight Sun) Becasue it looks absolutely wicked on black!