Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Turtle Wax Liquid Claybar

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Turtle Wax Liquid Claybar

Used this stuff today just to see how it works. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It went on easily and did an awesome job getting contaminants off the paint. I wouldn't say it works as well as a traditional claybar, but it's a quick and easy way to clean your paint.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Based on your description, it sounds like a Cleaner Wax similar to the Meguiars one.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

I've used the cleaner wax, this is definitely different.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the turtle wax liquid claybar, is a cleaner wax. It's just marketed as a claybar. Apply the ice liquid clay bar, then apply a real claybar to the surface, itll still remove embedded contaminents.

Turtle Wax ICE, is a mediocre product in a fancy package.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

have you even tried it? it's not even applied the same way as cleaner wax. you apply it and rinse it off. no, it will not clean as effectively as a traditional claybar, but it definitely works for those times you don't want to spend a lot of time with the clay. not saying it's the best, but just wanted to let people know my thoughts on it after i used it. take it or leave it.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Seer

Originally Posted by Callaway
have you even tried it? it's not even applied the same way as cleaner wax. you apply it and rinse it off. no, it will not clean as effectively as a traditional claybar, but it definitely works for those times you don't want to spend a lot of time with the clay. not saying it's the best, but just wanted to let people know my thoughts on it after i used it. take it or leave it.
yes I've tried it. It just uses water as a solvent thats all. TW Liquid Clay is a cleaner wax with a claybar's name.

Use it, then go use a regular claybar, and you'll still pick off contaminents.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

As I said in my original post plus the response, I agree it does not work as well as a traditional clay bar. Thanks for the triple clarification.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 AM
vINCe_Inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i can attest to using it, i actually bought it and 'clayed' my car 2 days ago.

1. It is a slury mixture that is rather thin, as in not too viscous. This means that it runs off all over the car.

2. I had to scrub and scrub and use a lot of pressure (yes i've read the instructions, and it doesnt work) to get it to remove the brake dust off my ivory pearl. i can see every single spec on the ivory pearl and i can tell you that i've only managed to get less than 30% off.

3. After using it i simply rinsed my car clean, and used mr. clean auto dry. guess what, after the car dried i was proceeding to seal it with a sealant and low and behold, god damn residude !!! i didnt want to re-wash it again and wait for it to dry, so i spent the next 2 hours buffing it out with a micro cloth.

4. It does make your car a little slipprier, however i think that can be achieved if you scrub the shiet out of the paint using almost anything !

5. All in all, i would not use this product on a first clay attempt. It should work great if you are using it between solid clay sessions. If you have heavy contaminants sitting on your paint, reach for the solid clay, and maybe use the liquid clay in a week for 2 after.

6. Remember the god damn residude, you gota use a sponge / mitt to wash and rinse it off, cant simply hose it off.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Seer

Originally Posted by Callaway
As I said in my original post plus the response, I agree it does not work as well as a traditional clay bar. Thanks for the triple clarification.
it makes a good cleaner wax though... although you can buy better paint cleansers for cheaper
Old 10-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Originally Posted by vINCe_Inc
5. All in all, i would not use this product on a first clay attempt. It should work great if you are using it between solid clay sessions. If you have heavy contaminants sitting on your paint, reach for the solid clay, and maybe use the liquid clay in a week for 2 after.

Exactly what I was using it for. You said it much better than I did.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:04 AM
SpecC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so in conclusion, don't think of this as a clay bar because you will be incredibly disappointed. think of it as a cleaner wax

to keep contaminants away, why not just layer a coat or two of sealant now and then? You don't really need to use this every couple weeks. it'd be way more expensive than buying some sealant too
Old 10-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Seer

Originally Posted by SpecC
so in conclusion, don't think of this as a clay bar because you will be incredibly disappointed. think of it as a cleaner wax

to keep contaminants away, why not just layer a coat or two of sealant now and then? You don't really need to use this every couple weeks. it'd be way more expensive than buying some sealant too
you'll never win the fight against road dirt, and contaminents, theyll always find a way to get into your clear coat, so clay barring a couple times a year is needed.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I clay about 3-4 times a year. Normally when I do my full-details.