Canada Serving Canada.

Mobile-Detailing in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:45 PM
picus112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mobile-Detailing in the GTA

Hey guys - as some of you know I do mobile detailing in the Greater Toronto Area. I try not to post advertisements since it's both tacky and against forum rules, but I just wanted to mention that I'm offering 10% off for all G35driver.com members. I don't normally do this but since I moved to Canada this has been the best "Canadian" car forum I've been a part of - good guys, good info, etc...

So cheers, and I hope to see a bunch of you at the PC-training day! (which looks like it'll be may 6th or 7th, by the way )

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94674

I'm going to use this thread to post some pics of members G35's that I've done. Hopefully we fill it right up.

Last edited by picus112; 04-28-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:50 PM
picus112

Try to ignore the 300C on 22's in the background!!

Last edited by picus112; 04-28-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:54 PM
picus112

Old 04-28-2006, 04:17 PM
radjack79

Hey Picus I have heard and read nothing but great things about you, your service, and knowledge.
I would love to let you visit my car but thousands of miles for a shiny car may be a bit extreme.
Do you know of any good places that preform this kind of service out in western Canada that you would reccomend???
I am located in Edmonton, but any good shops in western Canada would be good to know about, if you know any.
Thanks
Old 04-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Msedanman
O.F. Administrator

Great offer, Picus. I wish I were local too. I'd certainly take advantage of that.

Colin
Old 04-28-2006, 05:15 PM
picus112

Originally Posted by radjack79
Hey Picus I have heard and read nothing but great things about you, your service, and knowledge.
I would love to let you visit my car but thousands of miles for a shiny car may be a bit extreme.
Do you know of any good places that preform this kind of service out in western Canada that you would reccomend???
I am located in Edmonton, but any good shops in western Canada would be good to know about, if you know any.
Thanks
Heya - I do know a couple guys from Alberta and BC that do car detailing, but I'm not sure if how many of them do it professionally. You might want to check out these two threads on Autopia:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58025

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58000

I do know that mcnab (who is in Victoria) and DSVWGLI (Nanaimo) do, but it's kind of far. I've also seen folks mention Hyatt Auto Detailing in Calgary as a reputable shop.

Originally Posted by Msedanman
Great offer, Picus. I wish I were local too. I'd certainly take advantage of that.

Colin
Cheers. Next time I'm out that way I'll let you know. Actually I did go 70km for Eledin, but my parents are in Niagara Falls so I just turned it into a visit. Funny, we were just in Cambridge last weekend to pick up some furniture, but the weather was crummy anyway.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Msedanman
O.F. Administrator

Originally Posted by picus112
Cheers. Next time I'm out that way I'll let you know. Actually I did go 70km for Eledin, but my parents are in Niagara Falls so I just turned it into a visit. Funny, we were just in Cambridge last weekend to pick up some furniture, but the weather was crummy anyway.
For sure let me know next time you come over this way.
C.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:55 PM
picus112

Just fyi guys - I'm booked up through most of this week (although I do have some mornings free) and next weekend (keeping the training day in mind). Please feel free to PM me or e-mail me if you want to set something up or have any questions. Also, Sam (whatacar) and perhaps one other member will be letting me use their cars as experimental testing zones on the training day. Let's everyone thank them!! >

Also just a little added info - I'm not sure how much interest there will be in this but Colin mentioned it and it seems like a good idea - if it turns out a bunch of us want to buy products I might e-mail Chris at eShine to see if we can't setup a group buy discount or something. We all pay so much for detailing products in Canada we might as well get a couple percent off where we can!

Last edited by picus112; 04-28-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:30 PM
G-Force

Kevin, thanks for the fantastic job on my G this morning, the car looks better than new ... WOW. Post some of the pics when you get a chance.

Thanks again, Peter
Old 04-29-2006, 06:46 PM
picus112

Peter - it was a pleasure. It's great to meet fellow passionate G owners, and it helps that you're a nice guy. You've got a great family too! Hopefully you can make it to the PC training day next weekend.

Here are some pictures. They didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped, mostly because my sun-shooting ability stinks. Sometimes I think I should bring my wife along just to take pics of the cars!

Just for some more info for everyone else, the car is a 2005 lakeshore slate sedan that was in very good condition. I did one polishing step with Sonus SFX-3 over the entire car. The hood and front fenders got Optimum Compound because they had a little marring. I followed up with Nattys Blue paste wax removed with Sonus Carnuaba Spritz. Peter obviously takes good care of the car and washes correctly, it was the best kept finishe I've done this season. Probably the biggest improvement was after clay - since it hadn't been clayed before the paint was a little rough, but now it's silky smooth. I also just want to mention how good lakeshore slate looks in person. Pictures absolutely do not do it justice - the perfect amount of flake, great color variation from sun to shade. It was definitely "popping" when we were done.

Crazy flake popping. I wish I could have captured what it really looked like.

More here:

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/05g35s042906/index.html

Peter, if you would like any of these full-size just let me know!

Last edited by picus112; 04-29-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Msedanman
O.F. Administrator

Wow, I liked L/Slate b4 seeing your pics, -- but Peter's is simply stunning!

I'd really like to see you go to town on my Platinum Ice M.

I'll talk to you at the Detailing meet, Kevin.

C.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:12 PM
RBull

Wow, you are a real find Picus112. Would love to have the full treatment on my coupe if we were closer.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Finiti

Originally Posted by radjack79
Thanks
Hey radjack, my friend recommends Image Auto Appearance in Edmonton. They're in the west end on 145 street. I'm going to take mine there once the streets are cleaned.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:40 PM
P@trick

RE: detailing products

anyone try lastingshine.ca - free delivery in the GTA area
Old 04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
picus112

They're pakshaks Canadian distributor, so I'm sure they're reputable.

Quick Reply: Mobile-Detailing in the GTA