Canada Serving Canada.

Mobile-Detailing in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 05:38 PM
picus112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took a trip up to Alan's (Endless G) place today and got to meet his lovely wife and "detailer in the making" daughter; the car got a wash, clay, and zaino - cleaned up some of the trim and polished the exhaust a bit. His car was already in great shape, the clay helped smooth out the paint some. It's a shame the sun took off before I could snap pics, the flake was really looking nice. Here are the pics!

The rest here:

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/05g35s050506/index.html
Old 05-05-2006, 06:08 PM
GEE35FX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mmmmmmmmmmm...sweet . Great job Picus.

Alan, I hope you are coming to the meet Sunday to show it off. It's great you have a detailer in training at home. When she borrows the car in later years it will always come home in pristine shape .
Old 05-05-2006, 06:09 PM
whatacar

Very nice..... Drool.
Is it Sunday yet?
Sam
Old 05-06-2006, 01:25 PM
PimpCoupe

Too bad I'm missing the PC training day, but I'm sure looking forward to seeing the car after you work on this Friday!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:49 PM
picus112

Ah, hey David - I can't wait to get to work on it. I'll take lots of pictures for your viewing pleasure! Have a good trip and be safe.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Msedanman
O.F. Administrator

Wow, that paint pops Picus.......Kudos, Kevin, Kool, kid....................

Great job bro.

Sam, don't sleep in tomorrow.

C.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Msedanman
O.F. Administrator

Kevin, would you check this out and explain why he charges so much> $10k USD for detailing.....

Is it because the rides are so expensive that any damage by the detailer would be expensive to fix???????

C.

EDIT: I knew I forgot something.... ....the link.......:

Now That's a Wash Job

Last edited by Msedanman; 05-07-2006 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:38 PM
RBull

I'm loving the look of cars you've worked on Picus112. Any chance you'll ever be in Halifax.

I don't really like the look of that electrical panel with no box though.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:57 AM
picus112

Originally Posted by Msedanman
Kevin, would you check this out and explain why he charges so much> $10k USD for detailing.....

Is it because the rides are so expensive that any damage by the detailer would be expensive to fix???????

C.
I didn't see a link but I can only assume you're talking about this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5V818V6qQ

I think there are a couple reasons he charges so much, but the most important one is marketing. He markets himself to clients with exotics and he's gotten a head of steam, which means other folks with exotics will use him. How did he manage to market himself like this? He uses expensive products (whether they are better than the products you and I use is debatable, they cost more though), and he presents himself in a manner that befits a super-high end detailer. He shows up in an expensive van, has a mobile generator and tank, is on call 24/7, etc... The fact that he is working on exotics of course plays in to the cost - it's all kind of cyclical. Market to rich clients so you charge more, work on expensive cars, so charge more, use sinfully expensive products, charge more... and so on. The fact that the market *exists* where he is helps too.

That said I am sure he does good work - he must if he's maintaining a client base. Even the most aloof person with a Veyron is going to notice if the guy details his car and it looks terrible.

A funny note - the Royale Zymol he uses is $6,000, but you get lifetime refills. That means in one tub you'll get about 20 applications at $500 a peice ($1000), so 120 applications and it's paid for, and that's not including his outrageously overpriced wash, clay, and polish. It's almost funny in his case - the more expensive uses, the more money he makes.

Originally Posted by RBull
I'm loving the look of cars you've worked on Picus112. Any chance you'll ever be in Halifax.
Actually I wouldn't doubt it. A little known secret - my wife is a HUGE closet Sloan fan and likes to go see them in Halifax at least once a year. Uhg (to sloan, not to Halifax). Now maybe I'll have something to do when we're there!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:16 PM
RBull

Actually I wouldn't doubt it. A little known secret - my wife is a HUGE closet Sloan fan and likes to go see them in Halifax at least once a year. Uhg (to sloan, not to Halifax). Now maybe I'll have something to do when we're there!
Sounds good. Let us know when you're coming!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:31 PM
picus112

Some picture updates (and a selfless bump)

Sam's (whatacar) '04 coupe:

before

after

David's (PimpCoupe) '04 coupe. I detailed this today - it was at Neetronics getting tuned. Very nicely modded, tasteful aesthetic mods (as you'll see), and it just sounds *mean*. Cool guys over at Neetronics too. Paint was in ok shape, some scratches and a little spider-webbing, came out really nicely.

Before

After

Cheers.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:11 PM
PimpCoupe

Thanks again Kevin! The guys at Neetronics were seriously impressed. I just can't wait to get back to TO so that I can take her out!
Old 05-13-2006, 06:35 PM
SammyJL

Looking good Dave! Time to get her to the dyno.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:13 PM
picus112

They have a dyno at neetronics - I think they were considering getting a run in, but they still had to work out the air bubble in the coolant system that was causing it to run a little hot. They wouldn't tell me what they thought it was going to put down but my impression was that it will be very respectable when they're done. It definitely sounds good. (by the way David - I *love* the wheels)

Those guys at neetronics were pretty impressive themselves. Very cool, very accommodating, and total car freaks. My kind of people.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Msedanman
O.F. Administrator

Great job, Kevin, and kudos for one fine ride, Dave. Hope to see it at a meet in the near future.

Colin.

Quick Reply: Mobile-Detailing in the GTA