Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Buying a g37

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Bennyjoel
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Buying a g37

I own a g35 and I owed 8k on it and my bank wouldn't allow me to finance another car until that one was paid off for some reason (I think it's just the way they work) but their interest rates are great so I paid it off lol I'm giving my G35 to my girlfriend and now I'm looking for a g37 I found one a black 09 g37s 6mt 63k miles and loaded they were asking for 20k most others I believe are around 17.5k so I offered $17,250 out the door including tax ... Obviously they're going to counter offer but should I budge or find another .. They're are several others I have in mind that are around 14-16k with about 10k more miles but they're 08 and the 09 I heard had better paint especially black I need all the help I can get with it . Just want to know if this is a going rate and a good deal ?
Old 04-01-2016, 03:23 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
16k approximately + tax title essentially brings you to 17250 or so and for a Sport model with manual transmission that is a good deal.
For example carmax sells cars at a no haggle fair deal. Not a good deal or a bad deal just fair.....they are selling the below car for 18900 so it will be around 20,500 out the door...fair deal. Yours has less miles and is 3k less so I would think your making a good deal!

https://beta.carmax.com/cars/infiniti/g37/2008/12775362
Old 04-01-2016, 03:51 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
I think it really comes down to the condition, options, and location of the car. A good deal for an unmolested example would be in the $17-18k range, but I have a very strong feeling that values will take a small nose dive once the new Q60 is released. If you and the gf can wait a few months, there should be more inventory which will ultimately drive down price.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Bennyjoel
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response ! Yea I do see that I suppose even if I get countered at 18k I still make out okay . There was another within my area range that was a black 08 for under 15k and 77k miles with a accident on CF but loaded and included the back up camera. I wish the 09 one did too but can't be too picky . Would it be better to grab with less miles. As a G owner I take very good care of my car but I know when my g35 hit 110k miles it started falling apart out of nowhere and I had to dump a good chunk to make it solid again. So will I see this occur on the g37?

Another question buying a G37 with a accident not a good idea ?
Old 04-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Bennyjoel
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kickintheglass
I think it really comes down to the condition, options, and location of the car. A good deal for an unmolested example would be in the $17-18k range, but I have a very strong feeling that values will take a small nose dive once the new Q60 is released. If you and the gf can wait a few months, there should be more inventory which will ultimately drive down price.
Hmmm didn't even think about that . very true to consider .
Old 04-01-2016, 04:36 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Bennyjoel
Would it be better to grab with less miles. As a G owner I take very good care of my car but I know when my g35 hit 110k miles it started falling apart out of nowhere and I had to dump a good chunk to make it solid again. So will I see this occur on the g37?

Another question buying a G37 with a accident not a good idea ?
All pre-2012 models have a greater chance of rear timing gasket issues. If you're picking up a 6MT, make sure that the slave cylinder was replaced. It's better to wait a little and get exactly the model you want, and trust me when I say that you'll want the backup camera, although the navi is next to useless.

It's usually not a wise decision to buy a car with an accident. Even if the last owner replaced all the parts, you never know if there was frame damage. Be patient and the ONE will show up! I looked through about 200 listings over a span of 2 months before I landed my 6MT.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:05 PM
Bennyjoel
Registered Member

Okay so that deal didn't fall through as planned because the stupid dealer sold it out from under my feet.

In my area theres a 2010 G37s black 6mt loaded out under 60k miles for 15k it has the dreaded rebuilt title and carfax says "vehicle involved in a sideswipe collision involving front impact with another motor vehicle disabling damage reported- vehicle towed" also car was in another accident a few years ago " involving left side vehicle drivable" car was fixed and made street drivable and its been his daily driver for just over a year so anything major would of occured by now am i right?

so i took a look at the car everything seemed nice and tight. took a drive in the car was strong and still kicking as it should. whats the most you would pay ? im thinking of offering 10k or 12k and obviously before we make a deal im going to have infiniti take a look at it first. He doesn't take my offer i have another G in mind.... any thoughts?
Old 04-13-2016, 10:11 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

so i took a look at the car everything seemed nice and tight. took a drive in the car was strong and still kicking as it should. whats the most you would pay ? im thinking of offering 10k or 12k and obviously before we make a deal im going to have infiniti take a look at it first. He doesn't take my offer i have another G in mind.... any thoughts?
Rule of thumb: don't buy cars that have been in accidents. There could be damage to the frame and could cost more time/money in the future. And you'll have an extremely difficult time selling the car if you go that route. Wait for a clean car that you have absolutely no doubt is "The One."
The following users liked this post:
Bennyjoel (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 10:24 PM
Bennyjoel
Registered Member

Didnt go with the rebuilt title . It might of been a great car but the resale would of come back to bite me .

I ended cutting a deal with another private sale black 2010 g37s 55k miles 17.5k and car is in pretty great shape with slight mods nothing major . Signed the bill of sale but i need some advice on making this transaction.

He owes 10k on the car financed. We agreed I'd give 1500 cash and just owe 16k and ill hand him that as a certified check from my bank. Im in Pa and he is in NJ.

Whats the best way to do this so im not just handing over a 16k check and i get screwed ? ive never bought a already financed car.. all help is much appreciated
Old 04-15-2016, 11:28 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Didnt go with the rebuilt title . It might of been a great car but the resale would of come back to bite me .

I ended cutting a deal with another private sale black 2010 g37s 55k miles 17.5k and car is in pretty great shape with slight mods nothing major . Signed the bill of sale but i need some advice on making this transaction.

He owes 10k on the car financed. We agreed I'd give 1500 cash and just owe 16k and ill hand him that as a certified check from my bank. Im in Pa and he is in NJ.

Whats the best way to do this so im not just handing over a 16k check and i get screwed ? ive never bought a already financed car.. all help is much appreciated
I would do the transaction at his bank he's financed at, here's one thing I sold my g last year and I owed the bank so the buyer had to go to my bank and do the transaction there, the buyer also financed with my bank but still I would do it at his bank so the bank releases the title to you some way or provide some signage that the car is yours, some banks have to ask for the title from the department of motor vehicle after its paid some don't
Old 04-16-2016, 12:01 AM
Bennyjoel
Registered Member

okay very helpful info for sure ! Now just recently he has also suggested to pay the 10k payout on the loan and then once he receives the title i give him the check after.

This will be the best way i assume right ?

I'm not very familiar with any of this so thank you for your patience.

-How exactly will be the best way to title transfer and ensure he commits to the transfer?
-Pretty much Does he just hand over the signed title and were good? Should this be notarized?
-Also since its being financed again does the title go to me or my bank?
Old 04-16-2016, 12:49 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
The title will be going to your bank, I think you should do it at your bank because if he's going to have the title all he needs to do is have the title notarized and it'll be ready to get transferred so at your bank you and the personal banker will sign the paperwork and the title will go directly to the bank since they will own the car.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:11 AM
Bennyjoel
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ricio1991
The title will be going to your bank, I think you should do it at your bank because if he's going to have the title all he needs to do is have the title notarized and it'll be ready to get transferred so at your bank you and the personal banker will sign the paperwork and the title will go directly to the bank since they will own the car.

Correct that's what I thought . Only problem is my bank is 70 miles away from his.. it's just a local credit union ...last car interest rates was just over 3% so I want to use them again .

My bank requires a copy of title and Bill of sale before they can issue a check Or if the car is financed they require copy of vehicle registration because they can see who (what bank) owns the car . Is what I was told.

I need to call them what to do once the title is in our hands they just want a copy and that's it ? They can claim the car since they have the bill of sale and other info ? Or there's more to it I assume

Because by them having both bill of sale and copy of title they see it good enough to issue me a certified check or are they just trusting me to get the job done ?