Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

MSO and New/Used confustion

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Un4GiveN
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MSO and New/Used confustion

Hi everyone,

The time has come to purchase a new car as my last car (2005 G35) was smashed into from behind by someone who texting.

I've been looking at cars for over a month now. Here is where it gets interesting and hopefully someone can help.

I'm looking at a g37 that is a model year 2011 with 27k miles on it. Here is the kicker. It has never been titled before to my knowledge and it appears the dealer may only have the MSO on it. Here are my questions:

1) Since it has never been titled before, but obviously been used, would it be considered a NEW vehicle purchase and thus eligible for 4 year bumper-to-bumper warranty from my purchase date?

2) There is no carfax history whatsoever, but I have figured out it was bought at Manheim Auction from the Infiniti directly. I have heard this is possible and it may be a vehicle that was owned by an executive thus never really purchased. Or it could have been a demo. However, I doubt a demo would have 27k. Would you be wary of a car with no history?

3) The car is about to be certified pre-owned, which I'm going to ask to purchase it without it to save some money. The body was in great shape according the auction condition report and the only thing that needs replacing are the back tires. Would this make you guys feel a little more comfortable purchasing the vehicle?

4) Planning to get an inspection done, but since it is out of state I don't know of any reputable mechanics that will get it on a life to inspect for previous damage. Being sold at an Infiniti dealership. Any ideas?

Thanks for taking a look and any responses are appreciated!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:02 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Personally I'd try to find another car. Too many unanswered questions.