Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Planning to buy an 08 G37s...help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 03:48 AM
DALAZ_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning to buy an 08 G37s...help?

so heres what ive found

black on black G37s coupe
6spd
51,xxx k miles...

pretty much ive gone to the dealership and test drove (im in love)
ive talked to the dealer, and so far ive talked them down from there original 25k price to 23k, (27,xxx after taxes, extended warranty(2k for extended bumper to bumper) )

my question to you guys is simple, is this car worth it?
can i knock the price lower due to the mileage?

i currently found same yr model S, for 23,xxx , only downer is that its grey...i can deal with it, but id rather use it to my advantage and maybe knock some more off the price of the one i really want which is the black on black one...

any thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated...even if some of those thoughts are to run away, run like hell...

my credit score is in the low 700's (checked by three diff services)
and im planning on putting down 7xxx so i can get a loan from the bank for 20k, after all the blah blah blahs im looking at around 400 a month which is totally doable...but less is better...ofcourse...

the main reason ive been looking at this car is simply for the fact thats its a sweet sports car, yeah a 350z would be more affordable, but im not down for the design and it being a 2 seater with the glove box behind the pass seat...im usually hauling around my younger cuzins from school and the more room in the car for girls the better...lol
Old 11-16-2010, 04:42 AM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68
my credit score is in the low 700's (checked by three diff services)
The only credit scores that lenders use are from MyFICO.com.
If you are getting the credit scores from somewhere else, it's worthless.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:24 AM
DALAZ_68

Originally Posted by xixonmn
The only credit scores that lenders use are from MyFICO.com.
If you are getting the credit scores from somewhere else, it's worthless.
That was one of the three...I didn't know that, so atleast I learned that much so far, thank you
Old 11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That was one of the three...I didn't know that, so atleast I learned that much so far, thank you
myFICO is good to go by, but if you're getting your score from the bureaus directly and you're in the 700s, you'll be fine so the info you have isn't worthless. Your credit is good, so that should be the last thing on your mind.

With that being said, $23k is a pretty good price, however the mileage is a little more than I'd want in a used car. If the previous owner was hard on the car, you may be in for a clutch/flywheel soon to the tune of $1k+. Does the car need tires? That's also another expense to think about as well.

Where are you located? Have you secured financing through a bank yet? When buying a car used, it's best to get your own financing then go to the dealer. You can wheel and deal a lot better that way.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:59 PM
DALAZ_68

The mileage is what's worrying me...im in CA, SoCal, so even for us, its high, average here is like 15k... it has 20k over...if it were a rental company car, ok, semi understandable, and id know maintanance would have been legit, but it was private party prior...

I currently have Chase to work with me since my brother works there, hence why it only took 30mins to be in n out of the dealer...I knew what I wanted and already can get approval...I just wanna know what would be a realistice final price...mind u after taxes and all it comes out to 27k due partly because the deluxe extended warranty is 2k on its own...
Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 AM
JDM4life

im thinkin you can find a better deal in time. im also in so cal. i saw a 08 g37s (red, eh its an ok color) for sale at a dealership in SD for 22k. milage was only at 21k. so i mean there are deals here and there, you just have to be patient. if you have time on your side, then you already have the upper hand. The g37 is an amazing car, and i too and on the prowl for one, but im trying to be patient, and the right deal will come my way soon enough. that and i need to sell my 350z! haha
Old 11-17-2010, 03:00 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
your'e not getting much space out of that backseat in the coupe... you can alwyas buy my sedan.... got 70k miles on it but runs probably better than that '08 g37 with 51xxx miles on it.

get a copy of the service records from the previous history/owner
Old 11-17-2010, 04:47 PM
DALAZ_68

JDM4life- wouldn't doubt it...I found that grey one I mentioned earlier that had tech package and 20k less miles for already a low price, but I want black on black...lol

Da mayor- true, but im pretty sure its roomier than my 91 coupe 240sx...lol
Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Dv8

so heres what ive found

black on black G37s coupe
6spd
51,xxx k miles...

pretty much ive gone to the dealership and test drove (im in love)
ive talked to the dealer, and so far ive talked them down from there original 25k price to 23k, (27,xxx after taxes, extended warranty(2k for extended bumper to bumper) )

Im seeing 28k average for a 08' BonB 6spd fully loaded in CA. Your dealer has it for 25!? Must be the base model-no nav etc, right??
Old 11-18-2010, 11:18 PM
DALAZ_68

its a Sports model, yeah doesnt have Navi, which is fine, its Cali, i know it...plus i have a droid that double as a GPS...lol

i dunno...after reading all the probs the 08 models have...im thinking maybe just hold off a bit more till an 09 BonB is within the price range...

notice the high mileage...lol

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

heres the grey one i found aswell

heres a third one i found,BonB, higher mileage...with navi
Old 11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Dv8

its a Sports model, yeah doesnt have Navi, which is fine, its Cali, i know it...plus i have a droid that double as a GPS...lol

i dunno...after reading all the probs the 08 models have...im thinking maybe just hold off a bit more till an 09 BonB is within the price range...

notice the high mileage...lol

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport, $24,998 - Cars.com

heres the grey one i found aswell
2008 Infiniti G37 Sport, $23,995 - Cars.com

heres a third one i found,BonB, higher mileage...with navi
2008 Infiniti G37 Sport, $24,995 - Cars.com

Yea all the ones im looking at are 40k miles and below...

What problems have you read or been told about?

I have read, about squeeks, cracks, rattles and a very hot engine bay. Sounds a lot like my G35..... I have also read the auto cant handle much in the way of boosted power, also sounds like my G35(3rd auto trans-VSC).

On the flips side, its a great car to drive and although it has quirks, most people love it.
Im also looking at a 05-07 CTS-V and I read much of the same arguments.

Please share
Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 PM
DALAZ_68

Originally Posted by Dv8
Yea all the ones im looking at are 40k miles and below...

What problems have you read or been told about?

I have read, about squeeks, cracks, rattles and a very hot engine bay. Sounds a lot like my G35..... I have also read the auto cant handle much in the way of boosted power, also sounds like my G35(3rd auto trans-VSC).

On the flips side, its a great car to drive and although it has quirks, most people love it.
Im also looking at a 05-07 CTS-V and I read much of the same arguments.

Please share
pretty much all the brake issues i keep hearing, brake sputter and what not...id figure i might just hold up on buying and wait for a bit for an 09 that will be properly price...its true that new tech on first gens is usually a result of problems...so ill see...ima keep reading up...