Build Threads

Project Practicality

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:52 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Way to take care of that G, love the caliper color choice w/ your wheel & body color, just a great vision there^^^
The following users liked this post:
Dembflyr (04-19-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
So in my quest to be able to continue to make mods while not breaking the bank I ordered a set of sway bars a few days ago. These aren't the ones most choose but I have about $150 of credit with Amazon and I waited about a week to late to jump on the last set of Hotchkis sways that were offered at $350.
I went with Godspeed because I could only find bad things said about them from people who hadnt owned them. Total cost to me was about $115 for both.
That left me room to also pick up all four Moog end links from rock auto for about $115 shipped.
I'm really not a cheap *** when it comes to this stuff but I have to be able to justify the extra cost. From every review I read it said that they are perfectly good for a daily driver.

Turns out they are backordered. After contacting the seller it seems that Godspeed actually recalled them for fitment issues. Guess I dodged a bullet there.

So I have the Moog end links on the way and now the cheapest I have found the Hotchkis set for is about $400. Still not too bad once I apply my $150 credit to get them for $250 but it'll have to wait until next month.

I started a new job and I'll be sent off to training for about three weeks and I have no idea when that will be. Could be next week. Could be next month. So I'm just going to wait until that's all done to order them.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Are your OEM end-links weak or broken? Seems unlikely for a 2012.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

I was getting a creaking in the front end that I have attributed to at least one of the links.
From what I've read when lowered it can put extra stress and cause some noise before failure. I considered it insurance and in my mind it justified the lower quality sway bars.

Also a little of "while I was in there logic".
Old 05-08-2017, 07:09 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
You can buy the Hotchkis for $352 shipped off of TireRack, no tax either!

Cheapest place I could find online. I've been thinking about selling m BNIB Hotchkis and switching to Eibach. I've been doing a lot of research, and pairing the stiffest sway bars out there with coilovers isn't necessarily the smartest thing. You end up losing grip if you go too stiff, so I may opt for a set of sways that less harsh.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
You can buy the Hotchkis for $352 shipped off of TireRack, no tax either!

Cheapest place I could find online. I've been thinking about selling m BNIB Hotchkis and switching to Eibach. I've been doing a lot of research, and pairing the stiffest sway bars out there with coilovers isn't necessarily the smartest thing. You end up losing grip if you go too stiff, so I may opt for a set of sways that less harsh.
I have a credit with Amazon so I'd still come out ahead buying them there.

Unless you are selling yours for a good deal.

I had the eibach on my Z and to honest I didn't notice a huge difference over stock. So I want to go with the Hotchkis to see if the reviews are what people say. That and I have no plans for coils anytime soon. I am completely happy with my Swift springs.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:50 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Dembflyr
I have a credit with Amazon so I'd still come out ahead buying them there.

Unless you are selling yours for a good deal.

I had the eibach on my Z and to honest I didn't notice a huge difference over stock. So I want to go with the Hotchkis to see if the reviews are what people say. That and I have no plans for coils anytime soon. I am completely happy with my Swift springs.
In that case, go Hotchkis for sure.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:22 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
I have the godspeed sways they fit perfectly and haven't creaked in the year I've owned them. I just looked at the bushings while doing my lowering springs and all looks well.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4doorfury
I have the godspeed sways they fit perfectly and haven't creaked in the year I've owned them. I just looked at the bushings while doing my lowering springs and all looks well.
I was all set on going with them as I hadn't head of any problems lately but they aren't available anywhere and I heard form two different vendors that Godspeed recalled all of them.

I'll be ordering the Hotchkis in a couple of weeks.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:55 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
I wonder if their tooling got messed up. I'm sure theres no quality control. They probably bang out a ton for next to nothing and hope for the best lol. Oh well I can't complain
Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Lets see the Nismos!!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Goonz
Lets see the Nismos!!
Ok...

Coltrane1 (05-11-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Normally not a fan of red unless it's a prancing horse but dang, loving this set up. Must be a breeze cleaning those wheels
Old 05-25-2017, 10:31 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

I finally ordered the Hotchkis sways yesterday and to my surprise they showed up this morning.

So I spent the better part of 3 hours installing them along with the Moog end links. I'm glad that I upgraded to the Moog links. These things are beefy!

So far I am very happy with the Hotchkis. Very nice feel and I am now limited by my tires.
I'll get a better feel for them as I get more miles.

I did verify that my diff bushings are shot so once I get back from training later in June I'll be tackling that.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:46 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Such a great thread. I love all your finishing touches on the car. Really looks good. Love what you did with the interior love the wheels love the car man. Keep on!
Dembflyr (05-26-2017)

Quick Reply: Project Practicality