Build Threads

The93owner's '09 G37xS Sedan

Old 04-07-2016, 03:54 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Don't install it all at the same time. Install one, drive it for a few days, do the next one. I suggest sways first. Biggest difference.
The following users liked this post:
the93owner (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 04:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
Don't install it all at the same time. Install one, drive it for a few days, do the next one. I suggest sways first. Biggest difference.
+1

The best way to appreciate a new car part is to install things one at a time. It's not always practical, but if you can swing it, then you develop an appreciation for the changes specific to that piece.

Lots of love for Hotchkis in this forum. You can't go wrong with that.
the93owner (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
You are right Rochester, but some of us are too impatient, like me. One at a time some times, but I usually like to get a bunch of stuff done at once.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Upscale Speed
You are right Rochester, but some of us are too impatient, like me. One at a time some times, but I usually like to get a bunch of stuff done at once.
^^^^^

Now that gets a +1.

My favorite trick is to get coils, wheels and tires right before a 1400 mile road-trip and then wonder why, when the kids and luggage are loaded up, you're rubbing the fender liners.

Sean
Old 06-21-2016, 09:59 PM
VQHAY

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
How are those ksport coilovers holding up?
Old 06-22-2016, 04:25 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by VQHAY
How are those ksport coilovers holding up?
No issues so far, it's been about 5,000 to 6,000 miles. They are a bit bouncy but nothing unbearably uncomfortable, especially considering I daily the car on some pretty mediocre roads.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:37 AM
VQHAY

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Also got a pic of how and where you decided to attach brake lines since there are no brackets?
Old 06-23-2016, 09:20 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VQHAY
Also got a pic of how and where you decided to attach brake lines since there are no brackets?
I don't have a pic at the moment, sorry. I had a shop install them and I don't quite remember how they tucked the brake lines away. When I get my tires rotated I'll try and snap a picture while the wheels are off. Sorry!
Old 07-10-2016, 02:02 AM
JBurch175
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have KSports on my 2013 g37x and the ride is a bit rough and bouncy like you say. Have you messed with the damper settings? What have you found to work best? I've only had mine on for a couple of weeks so I'm sitting on 18 clicks front and rear. It's not bad around town at all, but on the interstate at high speeds it can be interesting when hitting dips or bumps
Old 07-10-2016, 09:34 AM
the93owner
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JBurch175
I have KSports on my 2013 g37x and the ride is a bit rough and bouncy like you say. Have you messed with the damper settings? What have you found to work best? I've only had mine on for a couple of weeks so I'm sitting on 18 clicks front and rear. It's not bad around town at all, but on the interstate at high speeds it can be interesting when hitting dips or bumps
I think I have them set at 15 in the front and 20 in the rear. I want to dial them down to 15 in the rear to match eventually but it's such a pain to have to remove them lol. It's okay for now, only big bumps and dips will have me bottom out.
JBurch175 (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 12:17 PM
JBurch175
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
oh I bet your rear is bouncy I hate having to take them off to adjust as well. I Have thought about cutting holes to access them but nahhh prolly wont I'm totally gonna soften the rear to 14 or 15 this week and see what happens. I need to take the wheels off and readjust anyways since the springs have settled a bit. Thanks for replying!
Old 11-02-2016, 05:06 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Wow! So it's been a very long time since I've posted any updates, for which I apologize! Quite a bit has changed since I last posted an update in this thread, which is....wow! Half a year ago! Time really does fly.

After the wheels & exhaust were put on in March, I didn't really do anything to the car. The summer was fairly quiet for me, but I did end up installing the iJDMToy plug & play LED turn signals for the fronts in early April. Love the modern look of the LED turn signals. Review & video can be found here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...-and-play.html

After summer ended, I decided I wanted to switch up the look of the car and was thinking about new wheels. I knew for sure that I wanted to keep the new specs as close as possible to the specs of the VMRs, so that I wouldn't have to use spacers or get new tires. I always liked the look of the Work Kiwami wheels, but didn't want to pay for them (yes, bash me if you want). I knew ESR Wheels made a replica of the wheel, and in perfect specs too. I loved their silver machine finish which I believe would flow perfectly with the sedan. I ended up taking advantage of their Labor Day sale and got a set for dirt cheap, shipped. Received the wheels in about a week (they came right on my birthday!) and took them to get tires put on a few weeks later. Absolutely gorgeous on the sedan and I knew I would love this setup far more than the VMR (although I still liked them!).

The93owner's '09 G37xS Sedan-zi6ltyx.jpg

View this post on Instagram

After the wheels, I purchased a set of turn signal mirrors and a carbon fiber spoiler from eBay. I wanted the signals on the mirror more for safety when changing lanes, but also for aesthetics and uniqueness. I wanted a spoiler for the trunk to cover up the ugly chrome finisher, but wasn't quite interested in the OEM, Stillen, or AutoKits spoiler. A few people on Facebook pointed me to the CF spoiler on eBay and it looked pretty good so I gave it a shot. My plan was to get the spoiler paint matched, but leave a little edge in CF for a subtle OEM-but-aftermarket look.

I took the mirrors and spoiler to the shop to get them painted & installed in mid October and it took about 2 weeks. They said wiring the mirrors was the hardest part, but in the end they made everything look extremely clean and OEM. A little steep on the labor charge, but it was worth it.

Here she is now!

Mkhlmnn (03-11-2017)
Old 11-03-2016, 07:45 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
Really liking those wheels on the car. The turn signal mirror covers are looking good too!

How'd the ebay spoiler fit?
Old 11-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
nice, now you need the Akebonos
Old 11-03-2016, 08:38 AM
the93owner
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jfisher
Really liking those wheels on the car. The turn signal mirror covers are looking good too!

How'd the ebay spoiler fit?
I'd say 8/10, you can still see a small part of the chrome on the top of the trunk and the holes for the backup camera and trunk button are not aligned well. Doesn't bother me much and it doesn't obstruct the camera at all but accessing the trunk button is difficult.

Originally Posted by Vizard_87
nice, now you need the Akebonos
I wish, that's probably one of the last things I'll do lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The93owner's '09 G37xS Sedan