Build Threads

The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 05:04 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by sc10692
You could look into the shorai LFX36L3-BS12. I've been rocking that one daily for a little over a year with no issues. When its below freezing I do have to turn the headlights on for a few minutes to warm the battery tho.
That sounds exactly like the Antigravity ATX-30 battery. I was talking to Bart at Pegasus racing about that last year and I think the RS30 might be the newer version that is better for daily driving/cold temps. I just left him a msg. so we will see if my memory is correct.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:03 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

The latest addition was a mat and mount for my 3mo. old daughter's seat. She took her 1st ride the other day and the rumble of my engine soothed her right to sleep- definitely my daughter.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:31 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
The latest addition was a mat and mount for my 3mo. old daughter's seat. She took her 1st ride the other day and the rumble of my engine soothed her right to sleep- definitely my daughter.
Nice! I brought my son home form the hospital in back of my G in one of those Britaxs when he was born...to this day he still loves the rumble and it puts him right to sleep...

the only problem i have now that he's almost 2 is as soon as I unstrap him from his car seat he makes a bee line for the drivers seat because he wants to "drive'
Old 01-29-2019, 03:56 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hashim
the only problem i have now that he's almost 2 is as soon as I unstrap him from his car seat he makes a bee line for the drivers seat because he wants to "drive'
Haha that's awesome! "Like father, like son."
Old 01-30-2019, 06:48 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I finally decided to replace my battery during our snow storm of 12" on Monday and near record cold temps of -53 degree wind chills today. I wanted to get a lightweight battery like lithium ion, but nothing had enough cold cranking amps to survive WI winters.

While not a terribly exciting upgrade I now have 700 CCA instead of the 580 CCA that the OEM battery had. Strangely, or car is available now with a 35 series battery with 550 CCA or a 24 series battery with 700 CCA. Both batteries fit in the standard tray, but this newer larger battery does make it more difficult to latch the cover on the driver's side.

Also odd is that the OEM battery has a 36 mo. pro-rated warranty. The new battery has a 24 month full replacement warranty and an 84 month pro-rated warranty. So the battery you get from the factory does not even have half the warranty coverage as a brand new one. Is it garbage compared to the new one? It lasted almost 6 years.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:31 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
I finally got my Stillen Brake Duct kit in the mail. I also am deleteting the foglights for the ducts, do you have any pictures of your attachment there? How's it holding up? Is that just a part of a screen in the entry?

I'm still reading through this thread: You have the non-dampening Street Basis? I have these on mine (if that's what you have), how are they on the track? I think on the road they are absolutely perfect. I'm not sure I want to swap out coilovers for a dampening pair yet, as I'd like to do some drag racing too and I need my rear end to squat a little.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:36 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I finally got my Stillen Brake Duct kit in the mail. I also am deleteting the foglights for the ducts, do you have any pictures of your attachment there? How's it holding up? Is that just a part of a screen in the entry?
The brake ducts are holding up fine. I could not find any pics, but I just put the ducts through the fog light openings, used black duct tape to hold them in place, and also put screen over them to keep small rocks and debris out of the brakes.

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I'm still reading through this thread: You have the non-dampening Street Basis? I have these on mine (if that's what you have), how are they on the track? I think on the road they are absolutely perfect. I'm not sure I want to swap out coilovers for a dampening pair yet, as I'd like to do some drag racing too and I need my rear end to squat a little.
I have the Tein Street Basis Damper coilovers. They work well on the track. No complaints.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I finally decided to replace my battery during our snow storm of 12" on Monday and near record cold temps of -53 degree wind chills today. I wanted to get a lightweight battery like lithium ion, but nothing had enough cold cranking amps to survive WI winters.

While not a terribly exciting upgrade I now have 700 CCA instead of the 580 CCA that the OEM battery had. Strangely, or car is available now with a 35 series battery with 550 CCA or a 24 series battery with 700 CCA. Both batteries fit in the standard tray, but this newer larger battery does make it more difficult to latch the cover on the driver's side.

Also odd is that the OEM battery has a 36 mo. pro-rated warranty. The new battery has a 24 month full replacement warranty and an 84 month pro-rated warranty. So the battery you get from the factory does not even have half the warranty coverage as a brand new one. Is it garbage compared to the new one? It lasted almost 6 years.
There must be something in the air. My second battery was an OEM replacement, and that one died after 2.5 years. I just got a new OEM battery this afternoon, exactly what you did here. And you're right, the new one is rated at 700 CCA, compared to the old one at 580. (Mine tested at half of that.)

If it weren't for the 700 CCA and the reduced price for the warranty, I was thinking of getting an Optima. But this OEM unit will probably be the last battery I ever buy for the car. And I find myself content with not spending the extra $200 I was working myself up to spend.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:31 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
There must be something in the air. My second battery was an OEM replacement, and that one died after 2.5 years. I just got a new OEM battery this afternoon, exactly what you did here. And you're right, the new one is rated at 700 CCA, compared to the old one at 580. (Mine tested at half of that.)

If it weren't for the 700 CCA and the reduced price for the warranty, I was thinking of getting an Optima. But this OEM unit will probably be the last battery I ever buy for the car. And I find myself content with not spending the extra $200 I was working myself up to spend.
Good move on skipping the Optima. Everyone I talked to about that battery said it was cool tech 10 years ago, but they switched something in manufacturing and now they get a ton of defective ones they have to take back.

Antigravity just came out with some light and more powerful lithium ion batteries, but they are making a big leap this summer to a totally different type of lithium ion that is supposed to work much better in extreme cold. Here is to hoping they are still light and not too crazy expensive.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:49 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I have gone back and forth on this for a while and it looks like my next mod this year will be another Sparco seat for the passenger side. I just ordered the passenger seat classification emulator that will hopefully trick the car into thinking it is a stock seat. I will do a trial run on that to make sure it works properly. If so, then I will order the Bride seat rails that take a few months to get and finally the Sparco seat. If anyone is thinking of doing the same thing, the emulator is on sale for $79 or about $10 less than normal: https://airbag360.com/infiniti-g37-g...pass-661-p.asp

Old 03-13-2019, 08:21 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

So I guess this is the best place to post this crazy news. I recently turned 40 and my wife got me a surprise ultimate car nut's trip to Europe!! She is horrible at keeping secrets and the planning that went into this for the last year is amazing. She convinced me to get a new passport because my friend was going to take me on a trip for my 40th and coordinated my sister to fly half way across the U.S. to help baby sit while we are gone. Amazing!

We are going to Germany to tour Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and drive on the Autobahn. Then we go to Italy to tour Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, and Lamborghini!?! I am trying to coordinate a ring taxi to take me on a hot lap of the Nurburgring in a McLaren or Porsche 911 GT3 and also trying to incorporate a visit to the Ayrton Senna memorial in Imola, Italy. This is going to be EPIC!

Old 03-13-2019, 08:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
That's huge. Pics and videos, as much as you can share.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:24 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's huge. Adopt me.
I hope to get lots of good pics while we are there.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:53 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
That sounds amazing, i'm in for the pics as well!
Old 03-16-2019, 12:30 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
That's something my wife would do..........for herself.
Sounds like an amazing trip.

Quick Reply: The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan