Build Threads

Red's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Oh and I bought a spoiler in my color with navi antenna and 3rd brake light/rear camera hole for a great price!!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=181665788266
Old 06-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
FI long-tubes... I didn't know you had that on the shelf, waiting for your FI catback.

Yikes!

Sounds frightening and awesome. Positively musclecar. That FI exhaust totally transforms your car, doesn't it? It's going to be difficult not driving like a d1ck for a while. In fact, you may have to simply give in and drive like a d1ck all the time, because racecar. You can start by whipping the car around your immediate neighborhood.

And for crying out loud, get some aftermarket swaybars on that weight-challenged Vert. Do it right now, before you do anything else. Seriously... swaybars, then Tune.

Haha... you geek. Two handed and ***** to the walls.

(sorry about your fender bender. glad you and the car are ok. )

Last edited by Rochester; 06-09-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:49 PM
GW330
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I would stay away from fiber glass bumpers.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:56 PM
STREETTEC
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure if you are on "Infiniti G37S" facebook page but there is a guy Juan B-guac Bonilla that sells IPL bumpers. I think they are factory. Give him a shout.

Sorry about your car!!

Nice to see a fellow Arkanasan here...
Old 06-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by STREETTEC
Not sure if you are on "Infiniti G37S" facebook page but there is a guy Juan B-guac Bonilla that sells IPL bumpers. I think they are factory. Give him a shout.

Sorry about your car!!

Nice to see a fellow Arkanasan here...
Dude you are from Arkansas!!? I thought I was the only one. What area do you live in?

Oh and thank you to RexHavok and Streettec for sending me to Juan on FB. I bought a brand spankin new still in box IPL from bumper with the fog light inserts n mesh included at a great price. Way below a new in box from infiniti or at least any of the MANY places I searched. Extremely Stoked about that.

I also got these bada$$ headlights (not just the one in the link, I made a sweet deal for both) for only $800 shipped. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

So far I've saved $2700 by finding OEM parts online rather than allowing the body shop to buy brand new parts from infiniti and talking the body shop into ruling that 3 of my CV4's were too badly damaged to fix.
The CV4's are actually fixable, but according to 3 different wheel repair shops the finish that Vossen does is very hard to replicate (especially the polished silver I'm told). But if I want to have the CV4's repaired they would have to be totally sanded down and given a different finish. Maybe it would look almost as good as the Silver polished who knows.

Last edited by Redfire32; 06-10-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by Rochester
FI long-tubes... I didn't know you had that on the shelf, waiting for your FI catback.

Yikes!

Sounds frightening and awesome. Positively musclecar. That FI exhaust totally transforms your car, doesn't it? It's going to be difficult not driving like a d1ck for a while. In fact, you may have to simply give in and drive like a d1ck all the time, because racecar. You can start by whipping the car around your immediate neighborhood.

And for crying out loud, get some aftermarket swaybars on that weight-challenged Vert. Do it right now, before you do anything else. Seriously... swaybars, then Tune.

Haha... you geek. Two handed and ***** to the walls.

(sorry about your fender bender. glad you and the car are ok. )
John your killing me with the paused photo man. Had I realized that was a possibility I def would've put my cool driving body language on display lol.

Oh hell yes the exhaust n the headers sound amazing therefore forcing me to drive like a total d!ck, nearly all the time. It's not my fault it's the exhaust causing the lead foot I swear officer, golfers, POA board members with the stick far up your butts.

Ok ok I'm with you on the sways. I'll put them in front of my tune...I guess
My wife of all people has been saying the same thing for a while now. She wanted to get on here n say something but I shut her down lol. Can't have her stealing my thunder, not right this instant anyway, ha.

Your right about the headers too. I didn't want to admit it but those babies were setting in my garage closet for months before I had them installed. I had the $$, but I wanted it all to happen at the same time. Actually I'm glad I waited. The car is absolute racecar now. Drives like the wind and sounds like the thunder. Love it
Old 06-10-2015, 02:03 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire32
Dude you are from Arkansas!!? I thought I was the only one. What area do you live in?

Oh and thank you to RexHavok and Streettec for sending me to Juan on FB. I bought a brand spankin new still in box IPL from bumper with the fog light inserts n mesh included for just $850 plus $150 shipping! Stoked about that.

I also got these bada$$ headlights (not just the one in the link, I made a sweet deal for both) for only $800 shipped. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

So far I've saved $2700 by finding OEM parts online rather than allowing the body shop to buy brand new parts from infiniti and talking the body shop into ruling that 3 of my CV4's were too badly damaged to fix.
The CV4's are actually fixable, but according to 3 different wheel repair shops the finish that Vossen does is very hard to replicate (especially the polished silver I'm told). But if I want to have the CV4's repaired they would have to be totally sanded down and given a different finish. Maybe it would look almost as good as the Silver polished who knows.
Wheel-Tek here in Memphis is churning out some really nice work. BUT, they wanted to plastidip my wheels so I haven't moved forward. Between them and Rick's powder coating I know I could get what I want but I don't want to spend the cash right now.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

That's funny WheelTek was the 1st place I called! They were the ones that told me and the insurance adjuster that the Vossens finishes couldn't be replicated.

Last edited by Redfire32; 08-01-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:09 PM
STREETTEC
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Red,

Yep I live in Sherwood... Bought my 2011 Black G37xS Coupe a year ago this month. Haven't done any performance mods yet. The only think I have done is changed my headlight HIDs to 5000k and foglights to 5000k as well.

That is it... LoL!!
Your car looks great!! White or Black were the only two colors I considered when looking for a G.

Good to see you got the IPL ordered! That is going to look good on a white vert!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:37 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Red, glad to hear your exhaust setup has no hiss but we need proof. Please record a video from the rear of your car revving the engine and letting the rpms falls all the way back down. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Hey STREETTEC...we should meet up sometime bro. I bet those headlight n fog upgrades look great. How much did they cost you if you don't mind sharing? I've been strongly considering getting a full Diode Dynamics kit since my car insurance quote be what I'm actually spending on replacement parts seems to be making it literally rain $$ lol. Plus while the car is being fixed I know the techs there will happily throw that kit in and I'm def gonna have them paint my bumper to mimic the midnight version as well.

Around the G37 I will accommodate your request as soon as the insurance Job is finshed if that's cool with you. There is a Ton of grass, muck, n whatever else was in that godforsaken ditch underneath my car and all over my new exhaust. Honestly I'm curious if the wreck made something come a little loose and I'm just too prideful of the G to take ultra dirty video photos of it. Is that straight?
Old 06-10-2015, 11:33 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Works for me Red. I'm really curious to hear it because I need to start convincing myself the 700 extra bucks is going to be worth it over HFC's.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Works for me Red. I'm really curious to hear it because I need to start convincing myself the 700 extra bucks is going to be worth it over HFC's.
What, long tubes?
Old 06-11-2015, 07:58 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
What, long tubes?

Yup, the caveat hear though is I would need a tune as well so I'd be pretty much all in at this point. Dunno if that's what I want to do.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Yup, the caveat hear though is I would need a tune as well so I'd be pretty much all in at this point. Dunno if that's what I want to do.
Seem to me you're looking to the exhaust as either the origin of the hiss, or the solution to it. I've been going on the assumption that the origin is in the engine, not the exhaust. The OEM exhaust tamps the hiss down well enough, whereas an aftermarket exhaust, any aftermarket exhaust that's more free-flow, will only expose it. As for long-tube headers, if that's a solution, it's one where header noise simply drowns out the decel hiss. I suppose there's the potential for an anti-frequency effect, but that's a pretty unlikely coincidence.

In so far as performance gains, replacing shorty headers and high-flow cats with cat-less long-tube headers is an expensive prospect for minimal change, irrespective of this hiss that's driving you nuts.

"the caveat hear"... I see what you did.

Can you run cat-less in Texas? And how would you satisfy the O2 sensors without catalyst in the exhaust? For that matter... Redfire, isn't your CEL on now with the long-tubes?

Last edited by Rochester; 06-11-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Red's build thread