gill1606 (10-12-2020)
Old 11-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Purist
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
it's been a while...
upgraded to Z1 2 piece front rotors and project Mu pads

swapped out my old dead battery for a Braille B3121 21Lb battery

planning on spending a bit more time on this car in the upcoming months so as always stay tuned
Old 11-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Broken_2008_G37
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Purist
No, not yet. I looked up places nearby that might do it but never actually got around to going. maybe i'll try again sometime soon

in other news, i made an impulse buy recently with some parts in Japan. As far as i know they will be a first on a G so we'll see how it turns out lol. Have also been thinking of resurrecting an old diffuser idea i had started a few months ago.. i had made a template, although i have also not been in the mood to spend too much on the G lately..

kind of hard to tell, but you can see below the first draft which turned out to be too wide (the outer sections relative to the main inner channel). it should look good length and height-wise though. the real problem is the Tomei is so big i would need to cut a large portion of the driver's side in order to mount the damn thing

I'm actually looking to Re-Badge my G37s... to exactly what you got. i found the 370gt badge and the nissan badges but cant find SKYLINE anywhere.. any suggestion?
Old 11-01-2023, 07:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,576 Likes on 3,426 Posts
Originally Posted by Broken_2008_G37
I'm actually looking to Re-Badge my G37s... to exactly what you got. i found the 370gt badge and the nissan badges but cant find SKYLINE anywhere.. any suggestion?
Z1 motorsports
The following users liked this post:
Broken_2008_G37 (11-02-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Purist
Registered Member

bought these catch cans from upgarage like 6 years ago and i finally took the time to install them today lol

routed the lines and now just need to have the brackets painted before doing the final install. please excuse the filthy engine bay.. will give everything a good cleaning soon i promise
next on the todo list is adding the oil pressure and temp gauge i bought over black friday. then some additional goodies ive been collecting
TheDevilsG (03-21-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 10:37 PM
Purist
Registered Member

over the holidays i decided i would finally take care of the oil gallery gaskets to have some peace of mind since i planned on tracking the car a lot more this year. what was intended to be a chill job turned into a headache after i replaced the gaskets and put everything back together only to realize my timing had skipped and the car would not start

so i took everything off again, reset timing (and probably turned the motor by hand at least 20x to make sure it was right ), then reinstalled for the 2nd time and success -- car fired up right away with no other issues

as you can see, the upper gallery wasn't bad but the very corner had already started to fail. lower gasket was completely intact and none of the screws were loose. the eps kit is definitely high quality and having the new hex bolts is nice
now i just need to fully bleed to coolant. i took the time to replace the rear stock plastic heater hose coupler with a dorman metal one since i was already in there. besides that, gave everything a much needed clean and went full honda spoon ricer mode and painted my valve covers yellow lol
TheDevilsG (03-21-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 09:37 PM
Purist
Registered Member

added some bling and rinsed down the engine bay even though its raining this entire week in the bay. too bad the strut bar and intakes could use some detailing but otherwise im really liking the polished look of the tomei oil cap and hks rad cap in contrast with the freshly painted valve and front timing covers
it reminds me how ugly the vq is lol so i've decided a future project i'm going to tackle will be to do a partial tuck to clean up the horrendous stock wiring

also added the innovate oil gauge. the cheap ebay tee fitting for the pressure sensor didnt work out so i ended up ordering this ktuned adapter which is not only way better quality but also let me position the gauge sensor right where i needed it since space down by the oil filter is already so cramped with the sandwich plate and an lines

for the temp sensor i used this pre tapped an fitting on the hot side of the oil cooler. fit perfectly and it let me route the wiring up with the headlight harness to keep it all tidy

current view of the interior. decided to mount the gauge down by the AC controls. easy to view even with the steering wheel on and didnt need to extend the wires or anything complicated like that

next i need to get around to installing my spl tie rods before getting the car aligned again
Old 03-21-2024, 06:29 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Purist

laguna this weekend
NICE! That is one aggressive AF tire slayer right there, GO GET SOME!