Build Threads

Mik3G37S 2013 6MT Sedan Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Mik3G37S 2013 6MT Sedan Build Thread

11/21/15 UPDATE - pictures at the top of the post

As I'm sure quite many of us here are into modding and all but some of us don't go all out at once with the mod bug and take things step by step and since I dont really have any thread to post about my mods without being unnoticed so as suggested per Rochester I made this thread and wanted to share specifically due to the recent mod that is Invidia Q300 catback exhaust and a video of it as requested by blnewt, Rochester and others

CURRENT MODS:

Berk high flow cats
MXP exhaust with upgraded MXP Y-pipe
Eibach pro kit springs
Hotchkis F&R Swaybars
Whiteline rear endlinks
Powdercoated Akebono BBK orange
Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
SAT (Solar Adaptive Transition) 35% Tint applied to all windows except windshield for 75%
Mt Fuji and INFINITI letters debadge
OEM rear spoiler installed
ONEighty custom dual evil Ironman headlights painted black with orange eyelids with clear lens
Gloss black vinyl wrapped grille with a matching (with my eyelids) orange face of the emblem
Gloss black vinyl wrapped window trim
Smoked JDM window visors
OEM decklid spoiler
STI-R clear lens
5500k Dual Evil ironman LEDs
5500k Osram CBIs
5500k TRS XB LED projector foglights
5000k LEDs for license plates
5000k interior LEDs
Foglight wiring trick, now I can turn them on and off independently without the headlights on

There's probably a few other things I can't remember right now.

FUTURE MODS:
Custom steering wheel with
Added top thumb grips
Added bottom thumb grips
Reshaped sides with perforated leather
Flat bottom
Thickened 1/8 inch with leather top and bottom. It'll be about 3 more weeks for it to be done.

Currently working on getting the opening in the CS diffuser enlarged to fit quad exhaust tips to accommodate the new diffuser better as the current ones are way too small.

Stillen Gen 3
Motordyne M370
Long tube headers
Ported and polished OEM lower manifold
Tune(Uprev or EcuTek)
Illuminated Door Sills
Front lip and side splitters once I get my front bumper painted after it got hit.
Gloss black vinyl wrapped roof.

I got my Carbon Signal CF diffuser yesterday and installed it last night.

I love how it looks, but one thing for sure, these exhaust tips gotta go now... I'll be shopping around for some round tips to complete the look.

I can't stop stairing at it.

Custom midnight sequential taillights with my own specific custom sequences + show mode
IPL wheels
Autokits X CF Diffuser - Replaced by Carbon Signal CF diffuser with side color matched spats

And couple pictures after exhaust install and a picture after installing the OEM rear spoiler...

Any comments or opinions or questions are welcome... I know it's a newbie build thread but I guess we all start somewhere...

Invidia Q300 catback exhaust

And some WOT video driven by my older brother.

A video of the not so NEW(anymore) MXP exhaust with upgraded MXP Y pipe. (I've had it for a year now)

Video of the sequential taillights

Video of the show mode

DSC_0443 by Mik3G37S, on Flickr

AAAAND JUST SOME MORE UPDATES Got her lowered on Eibach springs and will be getting Koni Yellow shocks in the future.

It was just installed saturday so It'll take some time for them to settle completely, the back seems about right or it'll get a bit lower but the front should definitely settle more in due time...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oHanPV]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oEiwFN]

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 11-23-2015 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Very nice. Sounds quite good. No pop or rasp as far as I can tell, just a deep rumble... which isn't what I expected without a resonated pair of cats. Hmm.

2nd gear wind up under load was particularly tasty.

Feel free to back-fill your intake and cat mods into this read. Could be good reading.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:22 PM
destro6MTsedan

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Congrats on the Invidia exhaust. I'm thinking of running the same exhaust, but paired up with some Fast Intentions high flow cats. I need more growl from it, lol. It sounds too quiet for me without the HFC. Looking good though.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Rochester
Very nice. Sounds quite good. No pop or rasp as far as I can tell, just a deep rumble... which isn't what I expected without a resonated pair of cats. Hmm.

2nd gear wind up under load was particularly tasty.

Feel free to back-fill your intake and cat mods into this read. Could be good reading.
oh yesss 2nd and 3rd gear especially sound awesome underload IMO I added a list of the little "mods" off top of my head that I could remember now. Will look into it and update later with some more pics etc.

Originally Posted by destro6MTsedan
Congrats on the Invidia exhaust. I'm thinking of running the same exhaust, but paired up with some Fast Intentions high flow cats. I need more growl from it, lol. It sounds too quiet for me without the HFC. Looking good though.
Thanks ! one thing you may not be aware of is that I have the Berk HFCs aswell so that's what it sounds like, I dont know about RHFCs but my guess is it will be quiter than Berk Non resonated HFCs. Keep in mind I didn't rev it up anymore than just 3k rpm
Old 12-05-2013, 02:47 PM
elrey85
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Very nice looking exhaust and sound! I have the exact same color and I am thinking about getting the rear spoiler also. If you dont mind me asking, how much was it and was the install very involved? I have a good amount of tools and do my own maintenance so I am just wondering if I can do it myself. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by elrey85
Very nice looking exhaust and sound! I have the exact same color and I am thinking about getting the rear spoiler also. If you dont mind me asking, how much was it and was the install very involved? I have a good amount of tools and do my own maintenance so I am just wondering if I can do it myself. Thanks.
Thank you sir.. the spoiler was factory color painted for 280 plus shipping from www.infinitipartsusa.com and honestly if you have a good amount of tools and do your own maintenance you should be perfectly fine... not like you need a whole bunch of tools to get it done anyway... honestly that is the best price I have come across for the OEM spoiler with the camera cut out especially since it comes painted which would probably another $100 to get one painted. It comes with all the hardware and templates. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask or shoot a PM
Old 12-05-2013, 04:15 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice that you put this build thread together Mike, don't have time to check that video right now but sounds like Rochester's a fan, so it must sound pretty good
You've done so much in a short time and your build list is quite impressive, keep up the good work and everything you've done so far looks good together and are nice pieces toward your grand plan.

Trending Topics

Old 12-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice that you put this build thread together Mike, don't have time to check that video right now but sounds like Rochester's a fan, so it must sound pretty good
You've done so much in a short time and your build list is quite impressive, keep up the good work and everything you've done so far looks good together and are nice pieces toward your grand plan.
Thank you Brad for the kind words I am happy that you, Rochester, RexHavoc and others of course appreciate my work and what I have done to the car so far, it definitely puts a smile on my face that my work is appreciated by others and this is the second time I'm told that I have done quite much in a short time even though I may think otherwise because mod bug keeps demanding more haha. From the beginning my plan was to do the major, more important mods first and then take care of the details such as getting my headlights custom painted with the swap of clear lens and osram CBIs and as well as my tailights painted on the inside foe the "midnight" look and calipers painted/powder coated lambo orange (yet to be decided) to contrast the graphite shadow and all the tiny things such as interior LED swap(even though the stock bulbs **** me off) and all that. Basically the minor stuff is for later to worry about
Old 12-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I'm assuming you installed a softer clutch pedal spring, yes?

The very first thing any G/Z 6MT Owner should do.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Mik3G37S

I'm assuming you installed a softer clutch pedal spring, yes?

The very first thing any G/Z 6MT Owner should do.
Oh yes you are right I did thanks for reminding me one of the things I forgot to list.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Oh yes you are right I did thanks for reminding me one of the things I forgot to list.
And of course you replaced all the visible, accessible bolts in your engine bay with polished titanium and stainless steel.

No, wait... never mind.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Mik3G37S

And of course you replaced all the visible, accessible bolts in your engine bay with polished titanium and stainless steel.

No, wait... never mind.
Wait what, I'm confused haha
Old 12-05-2013, 05:53 PM
elrey85
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you sir.. the spoiler was factory color painted for 280 plus shipping from www.infinitipartsusa.com and honestly if you have a good amount of tools and do your own maintenance you should be perfectly fine... not like you need a whole bunch of tools to get it done anyway... honestly that is the best price I have come across for the OEM spoiler with the camera cut out especially since it comes painted which would probably another $100 to get one painted. It comes with all the hardware and templates. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask or shoot a PM
Thanks for the reply. If I have any questions will def message you. Cant wait get that spoiler. Looks real good.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by elrey85

Thanks for the reply. If I have any questions will def message you. Cant wait get that spoiler. Looks real good.
Haha yeah I know that feeling man... I was getting so anxious about getting it installed once it arrived here... and the funny thing is I told myself when I picked up my car on May 12th that it would be the first mod haha
Old 12-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Wait what, I'm confused haha
Detailing your engine bay can be another aspect of the hobby.

It's not for everybody, though. It's... personal.

Quick Reply: Mik3G37S 2013 6MT Sedan Build Thread