Build Threads

Mik3G37S 2013 6MT Sedan Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Great updates Mike, the IPLs look awesome on your G as well as the tinted tails, new lighting and CF accents. I think I'd paint the Q300 cans black while you're at it.
Keep up the nice work
Thank You Brad! Well I love the IPLs they really come together with the car nicely.. Tailights infact aren't tinted but painted black on the inside, giving them the Cherry red look especially in the daylight/sunlight, and speaking of painting the cans, I've been contemplating that option but I don't really understand why,I kinda like that look being able to see there is some different than stock exhaust under the car... Will see, because I wanna get a different setup next year anyway
Old 08-01-2014, 11:34 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Looking good Mike!

On your tails, are the reflectors inside the reverse lights painted also? If so, does that adversely impact the light throw?
Old 08-02-2014, 02:38 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Thank You Brad! Well I love the IPLs they really come together with the car nicely.. Tailights infact aren't tinted but painted black on the inside, giving them the Cherry red look especially in the daylight/sunlight, and speaking of painting the cans, I've been contemplating that option but I don't really understand why,I kinda like that look being able to see there is some different than stock exhaust under the car... Will see, because I wanna get a different setup next year anyway
Sry, just used the generic "tinted tails" but knew that you had the cherry red version Looks hot!

Here's a pic of Soundmikes Q300 FWIW w/ blacked cans
https://www.myg37.com/forums/3658667-post53.html
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (08-02-2014)
Old 08-02-2014, 02:48 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Looking good Mike!

On your tails, are the reflectors inside the reverse lights painted also? If so, does that adversely impact the light throw?
Thank You Chris! And I dont think the reflectors inside the reverse lights were painted.. The whole inner part of tailight is somehow painted on the inside and reverse light area appears a little darker but it definitely isn't painted where the reflector is...
Old 08-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Mik3G37S

Updated the original post with a picture of it lowered on Eibach springs feel free to comment.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Thank you John. Some Major changes are coming up in the next month or so stay tuned
Major, eh? Do tell.

You've got rims, so that's out. You've got cats and cat-back, and a long-tube intake. And you just installed springs, so I'm guessing CO's aren't in your short-term future. Sways? While expected, and deservedly so, that's not major. STS? Also very nice-2-have, but not major. 4.083 rear gears and a LW driveshaft would certainly qualify as major.

Hmm... Mike, are you in talks with a shop for forced induction?

Last edited by Rochester; 08-11-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Rochester

Major, eh? Do tell.

You've got rims, so that's out. You've got cats and cat-back, and a long-tube intake. And you just installed springs, so I'm guessing CO's aren't in your short-term future. Sways? While expected, and deservedly so, that's not major. STS? Also very nice-2-have, but not major. 4.083 rear gears and a LW driveshaft would certainly qualify as major.

Hmm... Mike, are you in talks with a shop for forced induction?
Ahhh damn, John -you and picking my words! Haha, well I got short ram intakes which I'm planning on getting rid off, for suspension, koni yellows are planned unless I go a different route and get CO's, sways are a must in the near future, 4.083 rear gears - I dont know about that yet. Maybe in long-term future (who knows), but what I was referring to, isn't any of the things you have mentioned as possibilities, and speaking of forced induction, that maaaaybe once the car is paid off so that won't happen for good couple years, but what I was referring to is that I'm gonna change something up in the near future, you will see
Old 08-11-2014, 08:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Love the look w/ that drop Mike, very classy look you've put together.
So now we need a "Guess WTH Mike's gonna do now?" thread??

You said it's major, hmmm, serious cosmetic mod of some sort?
Some engine bay goodies?
New Recarro buckets?
Hovercraft boost??
Flame throwing pipes?

Don't leave us hanging, we can get pretty creative w/ enough time.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (08-12-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
but what I was referring to, isn't any of the things you have mentioned as possibilities
Sounds cosmetic, then. "Major" would be a full wrap, or paintjob. Or perhaps a body kit. Well, you got me curious.

once the car is paid off so that won't happen for good couple years, but what I was referring to is that I'm gonna change something up in the near future, you will see
I hear that. I'm exactly mid-way in a loan I took out on the car. However, it's pretty cool modifying a new car, isn't it?
Old 08-12-2014, 03:01 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Rochester

Sounds cosmetic, then. "Major" would be a full wrap, or paintjob. Or perhaps a body kit. Well, you got me curious.

I hear that. I'm exactly mid-way in a loan I took out on the car. However, it's pretty cool modifying a new car, isn't it?
Well I guess it's not major but I still somewhat consider it major as it will look even better, yeah which means it's cosmetic, and yes John it's awesome modifying a new car yet the mod bug doesn't allow me to finally start making higher payments so its cool but not so cool, then again I would not be able to get through the struggle without modifying it first a bit to make myself feel better about it haha, because being stock for first few years would make it very boring

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 08-12-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:05 AM
Mik3G37S

Love the look w/ that drop Mike, very classy look you've put together.
So now we need a "Guess WTH Mike's gonna do now?" thread??

You said it's major, hmmm, serious cosmetic mod of some sort?
Some engine bay goodies?
New Recarro buckets?
Hovercraft boost??
Flame throwing pipes?

Don't leave us hanging, we can get pretty creative w/ enough time.
Thank You Brad, yeah I like it too, very tastefully done, OEM look yet not obnoxious or not screaming, RICE or CHROME all over it either... Haha and yeah I can definitely tell that You guys can get pretty creative with enough time
Old 08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Thank You Brad, yeah I like it too, very tastefully done, OEM look yet not obnoxious or not screaming, RICE or CHROME all over it either... Haha and yeah I can definitely tell that You guys can get pretty creative with enough time
Those gorgeous IPLs really show the Akebonos well, thought about painting them?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Maybe a cherry red to match the tails?!
Old 08-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Mik3G37S

That's true, I noticed that as well, yeah I have it planned to get the calipers painted but I've been planning on doing them lambo orange to contrast well with graphite shadow and then soon I'm getting evil iron man headlights and they would have this lambo orange eyelid too as an accent color to go well with the calipers, but then cherry red like Motoboat has mentioned seems pretty cool to match the tailights hmmm , decisions decisions

added new picture at the bottom of the original post.. don't mind her being dirty... it's supposed to rain today so I didn't bother..

DSC_0492 by Mik3G37S, on Flickr

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 08-12-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:21 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

That's true, I noticed that as well, yeah I have it planned to get the calipers painted but I've been planning on doing them lambo orange to contrast well with graphite shadow and then soon I'm getting evil iron man headlights and they would have this lambo orange eyelid too as an accent color to go well with the calipers, but then cherry red like Motoboat has mentioned seems pretty cool to match the tailights hmmm , decisions decisions

added new picture at the bottom of the original post.. don't mind her being dirty... it's supposed to rain today so I didn't bother..
The dark maroon in the upper left would really go well w/ your G IMO

Quick Reply: Mik3G37S 2013 6MT Sedan Build Thread