Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

2013 AWD sedan how high will coilovers adjust

Old 10-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Surge Shamray

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 AWD sedan how high will coilovers adjust

looking for mostly better handling via dampening adjustments however not in the market for super low maybe just a bit lower than stock
Old 10-15-2017, 05:50 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Might send a PM to some of the AWD guys that have coilovers and see how much adjusting range they have. A lot of the coilover data on the company websites isn't very accurate from what I've seen.

It may also be possible to order longer springs if you want a milder drop, would have to contact the companies for that.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:59 PM
Flannigan
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I just installed Fortune Auto 500 coils on my 2013 X Sedan. The rear coils are set 85% as high as they go and it measures 26.5 inches from the ground to center of fender. It is very low and has nearly no room to be raised. This is with the springs that come with the kit not the swift upgrades.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:21 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Might send a PM to some of the AWD guys that have coilovers and see how much adjusting range they have. A lot of the coilover data on the company websites isn't very accurate from what I've seen.

It may also be possible to order longer springs if you want a milder drop, would have to contact the companies for that.
I think longer springs may not necessarily solve the issue though, as from what I've seen, most height adjustment comes from a threaded shock body and collar, which limits adjustment. He'd have to find a longer shock, as there's only so much travel the damper itself can move.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:15 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by bPChaos
I think longer springs may not necessarily solve the issue though, as from what I've seen, most height adjustment comes from a threaded shock body and collar, which limits adjustment. He'd have to find a longer shock, as there's only so much travel the damper itself can move.
Should have been more specific, was referring to the OEM setup where the spring is separate from the shock. Once the height collar is fully extended the spring is the only way to get further height.

And yeah, would be something you'd have to consult w/ the company about, as the shock length may be outside it's recommended operating range (or even maxed out) w/ a different spring height.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:34 PM
Surge Shamray

Originally Posted by Flannigan
I just installed Fortune Auto 500 coils on my 2013 X Sedan. The rear coils are set 85% as high as they go and it measures 26.5 inches from the ground to center of fender. It is very low and has nearly no room to be raised. This is with the springs that come with the kit not the swift upgrades.
do you recommend them?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Surge Shamray

thinking about offering AWD sedan guys 20 bucks via PayPal to raise their coils all the way and send me pics and measurements lol

anyone interested?

Search this Thread