Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Cv joint popped out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Freyox23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cv joint popped out!

Sup guys so I recently became a g37x owner and while I was pulling out of the gas station to go out tints on my
G, I heard a loud pop I stopped the car went to the front right side and saw that my axle popped out of the socket and took my power steering lines with it. At the time, the motor and tranny mounts were bad, I called the dealer and they took it and changed all the mounts, replaced the broken power steering line, and I believe they put a new axle in. I drove the car for a while and noticed that the clamp that holds the boot was loose, so I bought a new clamp and put it on the boot but now the boot is slinging grease I'm afraid the axle will pop out on me again what can be pushing my axle out? Can motor mounts/tranny mounts really make your axle pop out????

Does it look like it's coming out to you guys?

Last edited by Freyox23; 12-05-2016 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Inserting pictures
Old 12-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Freyox23

Sounds

I also hear little sounds on the front right side whenever I'm driving slow and I hit bumps I hear like a faint clunk also if I turn the steering wheel all the way to the left while I'm not moving I hear a clunk what could it be?
Old 12-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
OMG is a big mess there...
That clunk migh be you CV joint that was NOT replaced but only fixed by the dealer...
Is cheaper to fix a CV joint than to replace it.
Still, a CV joint that was fixed won't last even half the life of a new CV joint.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Freyox23

Originally Posted by Elco
OMG is a big mess there...
That clunk migh be you CV joint that was NOT replaced but only fixed by the dealer...
Is cheaper to fix a CV joint than to replace it.
Still, a CV joint that was fixed won't last even half the life of a new CV joint.

Im planning on replacing it with a brand new cv joint seeing as the boot is leaking anyway... I just need to know if it'll pop out on me again because I might need time to get a new cv joint installed
Old 12-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Freyox23

Can I get a pic for reference

Anyone have a g37x coupe and is able to take a picture of they're front right axle so I can use it for reference so I know what it's supposed to look like?
Old 12-06-2016, 12:03 AM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Freyox23
Anyone have a g37x coupe and is able to take a picture of they're front right axle so I can use it for reference so I know what it's supposed to look like?
Check the FSM. It's be much clearer than your average poorly-lit cell-phone shot.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Freyox23

Originally Posted by Selym
Check the FSM. It's be much clearer than your average poorly-lit cell-phone shot.
What is fsm? Because I've looked almost everywhere for a reference pic but I can't find any. Also, my phone takes awesome pics idk why when I posted it here it came out like that
Old 12-06-2016, 12:27 PM
2011-G
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Ball joint could be loose? I had same issue with the front right knocking sound .
Old 12-07-2016, 11:53 PM
Freyox23

Originally Posted by 2011-G
Ball joint could be loose? I had same issue with the front right knocking sound .
Could the ball joint force the cv joint out of its socket?